I've been dying for a pair
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 686
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10277 of 706009/27/12 at 7:55pm
Anyone else notice that the Buck and Ball Mora re-release ($448) and the AE Sleepy Hollow "McAllister" ($295) look conspicuously similar in that they both have that orange welt stitching and orange leather lining?
Any idea what the premium is for... other than it is a currently unavailable Mora?
Buck and Ball Mora
AE "Sleepy Hollow" McAllisterpost #10278 of 706009/27/12 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by wigglr
I think these are better conservative options
alright thanks. I'll check out those Delrays at a Nordstrom and maybe see if want to buy one from those links
have you bought items from that seller before?post #10279 of 706009/27/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
No, but he has an excellent rating and you are covered by eBays buyer protection. It is very highly likely you will be safe.post #10280 of 706009/27/12 at 8:04pmpost #10281 of 706009/27/12 at 8:28pm
I'm really unsure about getting a pair of Red Neumoks.
From the pictures in this thread, i love the look of them but i don't know how practical they would be for a $200 shoes. Does anyone have an pictures of them with jeans or non-business pants. They're literally impossible to find new in Australia, the only store that sold AEs recently dropped them.
Thankspost #10282 of 706009/27/12 at 8:37pm
I've bought from eBay before, but typically I have gone with AE Shoe bank. You e-mail them asking if they have the size and model you are looking for in factory seconds. So they will be discounted. If you do this during a sale, they are usually discounted even more.post #10283 of 706009/27/12 at 8:53pm
The stitching you are talking about simply prevents the leather tongue from sliding down when you are putting the shoe on or during normal wear. I have had the stitching pop loose on a pair of AE's and yet I still never experienced any movement. I doubt you will ever notice any problem either. I would lean towards keeping the shoe, especially since you received an additional discount. You got a great shoe at a super price. But if you are unhappy with it, then don't try to fool yourself. Go on and exchange it. Keep in mind, it will probably cost you more since your seller is out of stock now. You will have to purchase elsewhere.post #10284 of 706009/27/12 at 8:54pmpost #10285 of 706009/27/12 at 9:00pmpost #10286 of 706009/27/12 at 9:14pm
Can anyone comment on the fit of the new 6 last for the Patriot? I'm thinking of picking up a pair in burgundy. I have a pair of similar Torinos (which is on the same last as the handsewn Lucca, Verona, Firenze) in brown, but find that despite the great fit, the front of the shoe is too round. Thanks!post #10287 of 706009/27/12 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
PSA: I just ordered the black shell leeds at the sale price. To be guaranteed to get the new shell finish (which is a deal breaker for me), I was advised to place the order via phone and not online (the CSA put special instructions on my order in this regard). The drawback is that they charge my card right away (so I get the sale price) as opposed to when they ship, but I don't really care about that. My size online says ships in 4-6 weeks, but the CSA's system said they have 27 pairs in their retail stores - and that an order placed online may get "filled' by one of the stores (and those will not have the new finish). The CSA is having them hand delivered to her before they ship to me. She will personally inspect them. Wonderful customer service.
Thanks! Did you just call a number listed on the AE website, or a specific store?post #10288 of 706009/27/12 at 10:17pmpost #10289 of 706009/27/12 at 10:29pmpost #10290 of 706009/27/12 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by etran27
So.. how would I know if a pair from ebay are seconds? http://www.ebay.com/itm/330790794547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Seconds from AE's shoe bank are stamped with a small shoe logo on the sole.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 second ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 11 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1