or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help me save my friend form Kenneth Cole Bondage-pic-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me save my friend form Kenneth Cole Bondage-pic-

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Edit: Save my friend from...

A friend of mine just sent me this pic of this over the top, SnM KC boot he wants to buy. Respond on why he shouldn't buy these as he refuses to think hey are not cool/well made:

post #2 of 17
How much? I'd wear those, if the toe's round and not square. Wouldn't pay more than $150 or so though.
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
A friend of mine just sent me this pic of this over the top, SnM KC boot he wants to buy, please give me some reasons why as he doesn't believe me when I tell him they look hideous and look like someone took elmer's glue and some burlap and used drugs. Respond on why he shouldn't buy this as he refuses to think hey are not cool/well made:



My word, the Kenneth Cole disease has overtaken the dear lad.

Your friend is lost.

Discard him like a used milk carton at once.

Immediately purchase a pair of EG Chelsea Oxfords to properly innoculate yourself.
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02
How much? I'd wear those, if the toe's round and not square.
Careful, Tom. You could end up in Timeout for statements like that one.
post #5 of 17
In order to have some sort of meaningful discussion, you have to have some common ground.

From the shoes I now know that you favor and the shoes that he appears to favor, I can safely say that you share no common beliefs on this question.

You can lead a horse to water...
post #6 of 17
"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."--John F. Kennedy

"At least he is not a book burner, you Nazi cow" --Annie Consella

"They'll never take...our FREEDOM" --Jesus

Bring on the censors :dukes up smiley:
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
Edit: Save my friend from...

A friend of mine just sent me this pic of this over the top, SnM KC boot he wants to buy. Respond on why he shouldn't buy these as he refuses to think hey are not cool/well made:


What makes you think that these boots are not cool? I know plenty of people that would think those are cool, myself included. Obviously your friend does not have the same style as you, so why do you feel that he has to conform to your style? Are you the ultimate arbiter of what's cool and wha'ts not? Personally, I would rather wear those than those EG Chukka monstrosities that people on here are wearing (though I would really rather wear Doc Martens when I wear boots).

These are the boots I wear when I wear boots:

post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
What makes you think that these boots are not cool? I know plenty of people that would think those are cool, myself included. Obviously your friend does not have the same style as you, so why do you feel that he has to conform to your style? Are you the ultimate arbiter of what's cool and wha'ts not? Personally, I would rather wear those than those EG Chukka monstrosities that people on here are wearing (though I would really rather wear Doc Martens when I wear boots).

These are the boots I wear when I wear boots:


Those are better than the KCs though. But am I the only one here that has found DMs uncomfortable? The burgundy/cordovan wingtips I am wearing now are a little better but I have never found DMs to be comfortable for any sort of extended walking...
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Those are better than the KCs though. But am I the only one here that has found DMs uncomfortable? The burgundy/cordovan wingtips I am wearing now are a little better but I have never found DMs to be comfortable for any sort of extended walking...

The only Docs I wear are those boots, and I find them pretty comfortable as far as boots go. Those are pretty much my standard streetwear for the winter (though, I wouldn't wear them - or any boots - with a suit).
post #10 of 17
I've always found Doc Martens to be very comfortable, from the 14 holes I wore as a kid, to the 10 holes I evolved to, to the 3 eyelet shoes that I still wear, altho I don't get the "Doc Marten" brand since they started producing them in China about 10 years ago.

The best bovver boot IMHO is by Grinders UK. These kick ass. Literally.


post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I've always found Doc Martens to be very comfortable, from the 14 holes I wore as a kid, to the 10 holes I evolved to, to the 3 eyelet shoes that I still wear, altho I don't get the "Doc Marten" brand since they started producing them in China about 10 years ago.

The best bovver boot IMHO is by Grinders UK. These kick ass. Literally.




Wow, those are pretty sweet. Where can I try a pair of those on?
post #12 of 17
not sure, in your geography. But they run the exact same UK sizes as Docs so if you know your Doc size, it's the same.

The US Grinders distro is here

Cheaper than Docs, made in UK. Steel Toe. The oxblood burgundy ruboff is waaaay nicer than Doc's cherry red. It ships from San Diego.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
not sure, in your geography. But they run the exact same UK sizes as Docs so if you know your Doc size, it's the same.

The US Grinders distro is here

Cheaper than Docs, made in UK. Steel Toe. The oxblood burgundy ruboff is waaaay nicer than Doc's cherry red. It ships from San Diego.

Well, the DM cherry red can be treated to look decent (I posted pics in that Blue DM thread). But those look pretty nice...hmm, I don't have any decent kick around boots that are comfortable for me anymore (I like my Grensons too much to wear to concerts and clubs - plus no steel toe)
What is the sole like? Wear and comfort-wise?
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
What is the sole like? Wear and comfort-wise?


the sole isnt the airwair bouncing sole like Docs. It's just hard rubber. but i don't find em to be uncomfortable at all. If the Doc airwair sole is a selling point, then you may not like Grinders. We used to antique our cherry reds, and they can be made to look pretty good, but never as good as the oxblood ruboffs which are just rich looking.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the sole isnt the airwair bouncing sole like Docs. It's just hard rubber. but i don't find em to be uncomfortable at all. If the Doc airwair sole is a selling point, then you may not like Grinders. We used to antique our cherry reds, and they can be made to look pretty good, but never as good as the oxblood ruboffs which are just rich looking.

You know, I never found the Airwait to be that great myself. Was very dissappointed when I spent a big chunk of the little money I had while in the army for a pair of double sole steel-toed DM boots to find that my crappy government issue grunt boots were more comfortable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help me save my friend form Kenneth Cole Bondage-pic-