or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › TBNY Wingtips - Second Opinions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TBNY Wingtips - Second Opinions?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Just bought these at Endless for $200--To Boot New York Ashby's in bordo (basically burgundy). Thoughts on the style? I'm also considering are more orthodox wingtips like the AE McAllister and McClain in burgundy.

In a previous thread, someone offered that an EG Dover in the 888 last strayed too far from the character of a split toe blucher, and I'm wondering if these Ashby's do the same as wingtips--perhaps too sleek. I'm kinda digging them, though.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #2 of 16
They're too sleek for my taste. I'm not really feeling the chisel toe, either.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
They're too sleek for my taste. I'm not really feeling the chisel toe, either.

Thanks...anyone else?
post #4 of 16
Much better than an AE blob. Some TBNY were made by Peluso, which is kick ass.
I have no idea who made these.
Not bad.
post #5 of 16
styling is very well done. Classic style with a modern edge.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
They're too sleek for my taste. I'm not really feeling the chisel toe, either.
+1. They're just not doing anything for me.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by etb View Post
Just bought these at Endless for $200--To Boot New York Ashby's in bordo (basically burgundy). Thoughts on the style? I'm also considering are more orthodox wingtips like the AE McAllister and McClain in burgundy.

In a previous thread, someone offered that an EG Dover in the 888 last strayed too far from the character of a split toe blucher, and I'm wondering if these Ashby's do the same as wingtips--perhaps too sleek. I'm kinda digging them, though.

The EG Dover, IMHO, looks best on the 606 Last. I have it in the Edwardian Antique and I LOOOVE that shoe. I avoid the chiseled toe but I do flirt with the more "rounded boxed toe" shoes - GG Hove, Cleverley Norwegian Split Toe, and, of course, EG Dover on the 606 Last.

If you are interested in the Dover on the 888 Last, E-mail the company. The cost will be around 565 British Pounds Sterling (~ $904.79) as I believe the standard last is the 606 Last, making this a MTO purchase.
post #8 of 16
Looks brill. I like it.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by poordresser View Post
styling is very well done. Classic style with a modern edge.

+1, at first I wasn't sure if I like the modern edge on such a classic style but the more I looked at them the more I liked them. And that rug...
post #10 of 16
I would make sure I had ample skins and my camels were properly watered before spending any more cash with TBNY. Just a thought.
post #11 of 16
I like 'em...and I've seen a lot more spent on far worse...enjoy them
post #12 of 16
I like them too. I have a pair almost identical by Dack's of Canada.
Congrats on your purchase.
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Very helpful comments--thanks to all. I'm keeping them.
post #14 of 16
Look nice to me. TBNY doesn't have much appreciation here, but I owned a few pairs and always fit the bill
post #15 of 16
Keep em.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › TBNY Wingtips - Second Opinions?