Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNWT Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Shirts - Size BB1 and BB2 Last post on 12/8/11 at 9:37pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Most under $25 Last post on 2/14/12 at 6:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers - What to buy? What to avoid? Last post on 8/3/14 at 10:46am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 39
Styleforum Top Pickspost #572 of 63011/5/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
CPaul, I'm about 6'2" and 180-185lbs. I'd say my build is "average"; not particularly big in the chest/arms/legs, but not stick thin either. The 16/36 ESF shirt I'm wearing now fits great, although I wouldn't want it any smaller. If there is a BB store near you, they should have ESF "tester" shirts that you can try on to check out the fit. That's what I did. If not, you could always take a guess, and return the order if it's off.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I think the shirts are short enough to wear untucked, although this may be a matter of personal preference. Some may find the back a tad too long to wear untucked, but I think it would work.
One other odd thing I noticed; the fabric of one of the shirts feels different than the other two. All three are non-iron, but the fabric of one of the shirts feels lighter and softer, while the other two feel a little heavier and "crisper". I wondered if the lighter shirt was actually a "must iron" that had been improperly tagged, but after a preliminary washing, I can confirm that it's also non-iron.post #573 of 63011/5/12 at 2:36pmpost #574 of 63011/7/12 at 11:56amQuote:
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I agree that they would probably look better without it, but on the flip side, the barrel cuffs fit a lot better (i.e. more snugly) than many of the other OTR shirts I've tried.post #575 of 63011/7/12 at 7:13pmpost #576 of 6301/12/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Firefox
Finally got my shirts. They fit great, even after a washing. My only complaints are the absence of a plackett button (which is strange, since even lower-quality dress shirts usually have one) and the laundry tag on the bottom front (it's short enough that I could almost get away with wearing it untucked as a casual shirt). But in terms of fit, it's pretty much the best I've tried to date. No bagginess around the arms or waist, which has always been my biggest beef, and the sleeves are the perfect length.
Now, if only the local store had a better selection of ESF shirts. After shipping and customs duties, I actually paid more than I would have in-store. I wonder if the store can order in patterns/sizes that they don't have in stock...
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.post #577 of 6301/17/13 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by UrsusREX
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.
It was pretty brutal. The cost of the actual merchandise was about $186 US. The total fees came to $77.53 (!). That consisted of $37.21 of customs duties (since the shirts are made overseas) and $29.02 HST. Topping it off was a FedEx "rod fee" of $11.30 (including HST), which is essentially a FedEx "FU" fee for not having a customs account.
If one were to buy made-in-North America stuff, they would likely avoid the customs. And the rod fee can be avoided if you have a FedEx shipping account. But otherwise, it's prohibitively expensive. And I guess that's why the Canadian BB retail store can charge higher prices even with the dollar at par.post #578 of 6301/17/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by UrsusREX
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.Hmm this is very interesting me to that they could not bring in what you wanted.....That was actually the very FIRST thing I was told when I went into the store here in Vancouver. I was looking for a couple specific pants, and was told by the employee helping me that anything I find that I wanted online, just let him know, and he will bring it in so I don't have to pay any duties, he was very aware of how brutal they were. Odd that your store won't do the same....post #579 of 6301/20/13 at 7:20pmpost #580 of 6301/20/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
Dress shirt oxford may be more refined, with a finer weave and a luster. Sport Shit Oxfords are usually brown and smell pretty badly. Can often stain your skin and the interior of your suits, also causing them to become brown and smelly.
I'd recommend Dress Shirt for sure.post #581 of 6303/7/13 at 6:35pmpost #582 of 6303/10/13 at 1:52amQuote:
they are completely different fits. if you like ESF you will not like Slim fit. i think the difference in body and arms are like 2"!post #583 of 6303/20/13 at 8:50pmpost #584 of 6303/21/13 at 9:20am
- Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 43 seconds ago
- › Vass - Longwing high boots, brown pebble grain and brown calf -... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...