Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNWT Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Shirts - Size BB1 and BB2 Last post on 12/8/11 at 9:37pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Most under $25 Last post on 2/14/12 at 6:53pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers - What to buy? What to avoid? Last post on 2/18/16 at 5:39pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:13 pm in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 39post #572 of 63311/5/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
CPaul, I'm about 6'2" and 180-185lbs. I'd say my build is "average"; not particularly big in the chest/arms/legs, but not stick thin either. The 16/36 ESF shirt I'm wearing now fits great, although I wouldn't want it any smaller. If there is a BB store near you, they should have ESF "tester" shirts that you can try on to check out the fit. That's what I did. If not, you could always take a guess, and return the order if it's off.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I think the shirts are short enough to wear untucked, although this may be a matter of personal preference. Some may find the back a tad too long to wear untucked, but I think it would work.
One other odd thing I noticed; the fabric of one of the shirts feels different than the other two. All three are non-iron, but the fabric of one of the shirts feels lighter and softer, while the other two feel a little heavier and "crisper". I wondered if the lighter shirt was actually a "must iron" that had been improperly tagged, but after a preliminary washing, I can confirm that it's also non-iron.post #573 of 63311/5/12 at 2:36pmpost #574 of 63311/7/12 at 11:56amQuote:
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I agree that they would probably look better without it, but on the flip side, the barrel cuffs fit a lot better (i.e. more snugly) than many of the other OTR shirts I've tried.post #575 of 63311/7/12 at 7:13pmpost #576 of 6331/12/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Firefox
Finally got my shirts. They fit great, even after a washing. My only complaints are the absence of a plackett button (which is strange, since even lower-quality dress shirts usually have one) and the laundry tag on the bottom front (it's short enough that I could almost get away with wearing it untucked as a casual shirt). But in terms of fit, it's pretty much the best I've tried to date. No bagginess around the arms or waist, which has always been my biggest beef, and the sleeves are the perfect length.
Now, if only the local store had a better selection of ESF shirts. After shipping and customs duties, I actually paid more than I would have in-store. I wonder if the store can order in patterns/sizes that they don't have in stock...
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.post #577 of 6331/17/13 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by UrsusREX
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.
It was pretty brutal. The cost of the actual merchandise was about $186 US. The total fees came to $77.53 (!). That consisted of $37.21 of customs duties (since the shirts are made overseas) and $29.02 HST. Topping it off was a FedEx "rod fee" of $11.30 (including HST), which is essentially a FedEx "FU" fee for not having a customs account.
If one were to buy made-in-North America stuff, they would likely avoid the customs. And the rod fee can be avoided if you have a FedEx shipping account. But otherwise, it's prohibitively expensive. And I guess that's why the Canadian BB retail store can charge higher prices even with the dollar at par.post #578 of 6331/17/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by UrsusREX
How much were the duties (as a percentage of purchase price) when you ordered from BB online? The stores in TO don't carry my size, I hoped they'd be able to order to the store so I could avoid duties, no such luck. Ordered two 16.5-37 shirts this morning. I'll post my impressions if anyone in the over 6'5" crowd is interested.Hmm this is very interesting me to that they could not bring in what you wanted.....That was actually the very FIRST thing I was told when I went into the store here in Vancouver. I was looking for a couple specific pants, and was told by the employee helping me that anything I find that I wanted online, just let him know, and he will bring it in so I don't have to pay any duties, he was very aware of how brutal they were. Odd that your store won't do the same....post #579 of 6331/20/13 at 7:20pmpost #580 of 6331/20/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
Dress shirt oxford may be more refined, with a finer weave and a luster. Sport Shit Oxfords are usually brown and smell pretty badly. Can often stain your skin and the interior of your suits, also causing them to become brown and smelly.
I'd recommend Dress Shirt for sure.post #581 of 6333/7/13 at 6:35pmpost #582 of 6333/10/13 at 1:52amQuote:
they are completely different fits. if you like ESF you will not like Slim fit. i think the difference in body and arms are like 2"!post #583 of 6333/20/13 at 8:50pmpost #584 of 6333/21/13 at 9:20ampost #585 of 6333/28/13 at 12:30am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding