or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 38

post #556 of 630
no need to read, i wear both. bought them 3 weeks ago. 6'2" 195lbs, large and 16 36" and theyre really slim in the shoulders,chest but borderline too loose in the waist. im too athletic.
post #557 of 630

Hey guys! Being a smaller guy I always have trouble finding shirts that fit me. I came across Brooks Brothers and their Extra Slim Fit line. I'm 5"4 and 120lbs. I'm nowhere near a Brooks Brothers so unfortunately I can't try them on to see for myself.  Do you think the ESF would fit me?

Thank you!

post #558 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1202 View Post

Hey guys! Being a smaller guy I always have trouble finding shirts that fit me. I came across Brooks Brothers and their Extra Slim Fit line. I'm 5"4 and 120lbs. I'm nowhere near a Brooks Brothers so unfortunately I can't try them on to see for myself.  Do you think the ESF would fit me?


Thank you!
Yes, I think that without knowing any of your measurements, these shirts will be exactly what you're looking for.
post #559 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousSabatour View Post


Yes, I think that without knowing any of your measurements, these shirts will be exactly what you're looking for.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the quick response!

post #560 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1202 View Post

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the quick response!
facepalm.gif
post #561 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3429 View Post

facepalm.gif

Sorry, I didn't know sarcasm existed on these forums =P

post #562 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1202 View Post

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the quick response!


I'm under the impression that it was a sarcastic response.

post #563 of 630
Sabo --

What is your neck size?

I am your size, 5'4" but a weigh about 15 lbs more. Back in high-school, I was closer to your weight lol.

The Extra-Slim is the way to go but it really depends on your neck size relative to your shoulders. I found that in my neck size, 15, the shoulder and chest were too narrow and it just looked wrong. In other words, you have to try it on and see. But, there is hope.

If you aren't wearing a tie and you can size down as needed, then I think it will work out well for you.
post #564 of 630

I have the same problem as johnny1202, but I am 5'7'' instead of 5'4''. Should 14.5-32 fit me?

The Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts in xs are the only shirts that fit me well, a shame that GBV don't make dress shirts. 

the measurements for GBV in xs are: 

p2p: 17

shoulder to shoulder: 16

sleeve length (pit of shoulder to sleeve end): 24

length: 29

post #565 of 630

Since Brooks Brothers currently has a 15% off everything deal, I figured it was as good a time as any to try out their dress shirts. I was worried that the ESF would be a little too slim for me, but when I tried on the tester shirt at the local BB store, it actually seemed to fit quite well. I'm 6'2" and just over 180lbs, and ordered the 16 36. My only worry is if the shirt shrinks substantially after a couple washings. Fingers crossed.

post #566 of 630
Firefux, your shirt will be fine - the shrinking is minimal IMO. I'm 6'2" and 195 for reference and wear the same size. And I'm built like ryan gosling too.
post #567 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Firefux, your shirt will be fine - the shrinking is minimal IMO. I'm 6'2" and 195 for reference and wear the same size. And I'm built like ryan gosling too.

 

Good to know! I'm looking forward to trying them out when they arrive. Even with shipping costs to Canada, it was still cheaper to get them online with the 15% discount then to get them at the BB store five minutes from my office (which isn't honouring the 15% deal, unlike the U.S.-based stores). The online site has a better selection of ESF patterns/colours, too.

post #568 of 630

Finally got my shirts. They fit great, even after a washing. My only complaints are the absence of a plackett button (which is strange, since even lower-quality dress shirts usually have one) and the laundry tag on the bottom front (it's short enough that I could almost get away with wearing it untucked as a casual shirt). But in terms of fit, it's pretty much the best I've tried to date. No bagginess around the arms or waist, which has always been my biggest beef, and the sleeves are the perfect length.

 

Now, if only the local store had a better selection of ESF shirts. After shipping and customs duties, I actually paid more than I would have in-store. I wonder if the store can order in patterns/sizes that they don't have in stock...

post #569 of 630

My local BB is constantly offering to order whatever it is I want that they don't have in stock. I would be surprised it they wouldn't do that for everyone.

post #570 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post

Finally got my shirts. They fit great, even after a washing. My only complaints are the absence of a plackett button (which is strange, since even lower-quality dress shirts usually have one) and the laundry tag on the bottom front (it's short enough that I could almost get away with wearing it untucked as a casual shirt). But in terms of fit, it's pretty much the best I've tried to date. No bagginess around the arms or waist, which has always been my biggest beef, and the sleeves are the perfect length.

Now, if only the local store had a better selection of ESF shirts. After shipping and customs duties, I actually paid more than I would have in-store. I wonder if the store can order in patterns/sizes that they don't have in stock...

Damn, maybe ill have to give these a shot. I'm about the same size as you guys (6'3" 195 lbs). The only worry I have is are the shirts too long to be worn untucked?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts