or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 32

post #466 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by aizan View Post
you've only tried a slim fit in size 15. if you had tried a 14.5 slim fit, things would be simpler. as it is, we can't be certain that sizing up in extra slim fit will solve your problems. the collar will definitely be too large, the chest may not be big enough, and the armhole may still be too small. collar size is the last thing you want to mess with, so you should be finding out what the armhole and chest sizes are in size 14.5 by trying other fits.

And why would I want to try a looser fit then slim fit if I think it's to big?

I don't think a 14.5 has slim arms when 15 slim fit has really really wide arms. If I buy a 14.5 slim fit I would have to take it to a tailor and adjust the arms width, which I don't wanna do.
post #467 of 630
but you haven't tried the slim fit in 14.5, only in 15. and if the armhole in extra slim fit is too small in 14.5, going up to 15 is not going to solve your problems. it sounds like your chest and arms are on the large side for your neck. ESF is not for you.
post #468 of 630
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zightx View Post
And why would I want to try a looser fit then slim fit if I think it's to big?

I don't think a 14.5 has slim arms when 15 slim fit has really really wide arms. If I buy a 14.5 slim fit I would have to take it to a tailor and adjust the arms width, which I don't wanna do.

Why don't you try 15x33 ESF? Sounds like it would be perfect. I'm normally a 14.5 neck in shirts, size S in all brands, EU46 in Euro size and the 15x33 ESF BB shirts are a great slim fit.
post #469 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by aizan View Post
but you haven't tried the slim fit in 14.5, only in 15. and if the armhole in extra slim fit is too small in 14.5, going up to 15 is not going to solve your problems. it sounds like your chest and arms are on the large side for your neck. ESF is not for you.

The armhole is not to small, it's just high. My arms and chest is not big for my neck size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
Why don't you try 15x33 ESF? Sounds like it would be perfect. I'm normally a 14.5 neck in shirts, size S in all brands, EU46 in Euro size and the 15x33 ESF BB shirts are a great slim fit.

I live outside US and can't try one in store. But seems like a 15x33 ESF should fit good. I always wear size S or 14.5 in shirts in all other brands. And the BB ESF sport shirt in small did fit good.
post #470 of 630
What is the quality of the oxford sport shirts like? Was hoping I could wear them in both casual and work environments but maybe it is still worth getting 2-3 for work if they are ok. I do have two of the Supima oxfords, I am guessing the sport shirts are more lightweight and probably lower quality?
post #471 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by acularw View Post
What is the quality of the oxford sport shirts like? Was hoping I could wear them in both casual and work environments but maybe it is still worth getting 2-3 for work if they are ok.

I do have two of the Supima oxfords, I am guessing the sport shirts are more lightweight and probably lower quality?

The sport shirt is made in China and the Oxford dress shirt is made in USA. And yes, it's much lighter and has a garment washed feel. The dress shirt oxford feels like it has much higher quality and it's more sturdy.

But I wouldn't say the sport shirt has bad quality. It's just that the dress shirt feels so much better.
post #472 of 630
Just browsing in the clearance section, ended up buying 9 shirts.
post #473 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromulated View Post
a request for measurements: does anyone have a 15.5 on hand to get a p2p reading?

I can get one for you later today when I get home.

Be careful with it though. The ESFs have a much more suppressed chest/upper waist than I'm used to in my other dress shirts. The comparison picture of the cuts on the BB website that shows the more pronounced concavity to the ESF body is definitely present.

For a relative comparison, the 15.5 ESF has a very slightly slimmer body and much slimmer sleeves than a 15 SF.
post #474 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by zightx View Post
Bought two 14.5 x 32 extra slim fit. They were really slim in the chest, actually to tight for me. (I have a 37 chest). And the armholes is really high. The armes were a little short too.

so the collar fit, but the chest was too small? doesn't that mean you should first try a fit with a bigger chest? also, it sounded like you didn't like the armholes. thanks for clarifying that the "really high" armholes were actually satisfactory.

if you end up ordering a 15x33 extra slim fit, the collar with definitely be too large. i would suggest that you try a gitman vintage small instead.
post #475 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromulated View Post
a request for measurements: does anyone have a 15.5 on hand to get a p2p reading?

I had the same question and got 20.75, according to this:

See this: http://thesilentist.tumblr.com/post/...rooks-brothers
post #476 of 630
30+ pages of gibberish about slim dress shirts from some lame chain store. What I learned.... They're not particularly slim. There's nothing special about them. They go on sale all the time. They offer a non-iron luxury model. People "load up" on them, buying 10 at once. People are largely only buying them for their daily "office uniform".
post #477 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
30+ pages of gibberish about slim dress shirts from some lame chain store. What I learned....

They're not particularly slim.
There's nothing special about them.
They go on sale all the time.
They offer a non-iron luxury model.
People "load up" on them, buying 10 at once.
People are largely only buying them for their daily "office uniform".

post #478 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelargus View Post
I can get one for you later today when I get home.

Be careful with it though. The ESFs have a much more suppressed chest/upper waist than I'm used to in my other dress shirts. The comparison picture of the cuts on the BB website that shows the more pronounced concavity to the ESF body is definitely present.

For a relative comparison, the 15.5 ESF has a very slightly slimmer body and much slimmer sleeves than a 15 SF.

many thanks. i think i can handle the slimmer body (i've a 38-40" chest but a 30" waist) but the slimmer sleeves could be a problem...
post #479 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by zightx View Post
Well, I got a 37 chest and 14.5 is supposed to be for 37 chest so sizing up is want I want to. 15 is for 39 chest and 15.5 41. I don't wear a tie to the office everyday but I want to be able to wear a tie to my shirts. 15 for neck size would work pretty good too. Guess I'm trying with 15x33 extra slim fit then. You're kidding right? I said the slim fit was to blousy in the arms.
You should check their charts again. 14.5 = 36, 15 = 38, 15.5=40, 16 = 42
post #480 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
You should check their charts again. 14.5 = 36, 15 = 38, 15.5=40, 16 = 42
What chart are you looking at?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts