or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 26

post #376 of 630
Brooks brothers did a lot of thing right with these shirts: they are great quality, and the arms are great. Both the shoulders and chest are small for given neck size and there is not much taper. They talk about that on their site, mentioning that the chest is 3" smaller than the slim fit but the waist is only 1". So best advice is to size up if you are between sizes and get a tailor to fix the bottom for a small fee.
post #377 of 630
The issue being that I would have to size up to a point that the shirt would need major work. To get the shirt to fit my chest I'd have to size up to a point where the neck/arms/waist would most likely be way too big. At that point I might as well just go MTM.

With the sale going on right now you could get 3 shirts for a total of approx $147 if you used a BB charge. That's far cheaper than their MTM which is around $125 per shirt. However, depending on how much work the shirt needed, it might not ever fit how I'd like it to, even with tailoring. I was just hoping the shirts would fit me better OTR.
post #378 of 630
these shirts fit me perfect off the rack....
post #379 of 630
For anyone that has an athletic build, these shirts are absolutely fantastic. Picked up a couple on sale and absolutely love them. Fit me off the rack as well. I will be glad to answer any inquiries.
post #380 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat83 View Post
For anyone that has an athletic build, these shirts are absolutely fantastic. Picked up a couple on sale and absolutely love them. Fit me off the rack as well.


If by athletic you mean skinny, then yes. If you have broad shoulders/chest these shirts may not fit you properly. Right now I am by no means huge, 5'11 175 but my chest measures about 43-44". When putting on a shirt that was 1/2 size too big for my neck, I could barely even button the shirt across my chest without pulling the button off. The waist fit fine, as I am about a 32" waist - and the arms were nice as well. I just don't feel these shirts are so much suited for "athletically" built people, but geared more towards skinny people.
post #381 of 630
You have a 12" drop, I don't think you can realistically expect any shirt to fit you off the rack.
post #382 of 630
These shirts are terrible. I don't know what is wrong with all of your bodies, but if your waist is smaller than your chest these are not for you. I have about a 44" chest and a 31-32" and the shoulders/chest was too tight and there was wayyyyy too much fabric around the waist. These would be a lot better if the chest was bigger. Sleeves and armholes were decent, just needs some darts in the back.
post #383 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls6128 View Post
You have a 12" drop, I don't think you can realistically expect any shirt to fit you off the rack.

Pretty much have to agree with this. I have not tried all the shirts out there, but only ones that fit me w/o tailoring is MTM.
post #384 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
Pretty much have to agree with this. I have not tried all the shirts out there, but only ones that fit me w/o tailoring is MTM.

You are both right, and I certainly didn't mean that I was expecting, or somehow upset that they didn't fit me, because it would be unrealistic, and certainly a bad choice for BB to mass produce such a shirt.
post #385 of 630
Anybody knows when the next BB annual sale will be? I'll pick up a few shirts then.
post #386 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by janky fish View Post
These shirts are terrible. I don't know what is wrong with all of your bodies, but if your waist is smaller than your chest these are not for you. I have about a 44" chest and a 31-32" and the shoulders/chest was too tight and there was wayyyyy too much fabric around the waist.

These would be a lot better if the chest was bigger. Sleeves and armholes were decent, just needs some darts in the back.

Just because something doesn't fit you, doesn't mean it's a terrible product....
post #387 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by janky fish View Post
These shirts are terrible. I don't know what is wrong with all of your bodies, but if your waist is smaller than your chest these are not for you. I have about a 44" chest and a 31-32" and the shoulders/chest was too tight and there was wayyyyy too much fabric around the waist.

These would be a lot better if the chest was bigger. Sleeves and armholes were decent, just needs some darts in the back.

Don't get the ESF then, just get the regular slim fit and then get it darted.
post #388 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
Anybody knows when the next BB annual sale will be? I'll pick up a few shirts then.

isn't there a sale going on now?
post #389 of 630
Yeah you guys shouldn't be bagging on the esf shirts... because they fit me perfectly off the rack. I won't lie though, this is definitely made for people that has a similar build to mine which is slim/petite. Not even a size 1 boo shirt fits as nicely as the bb esf shirts. At least for me.
post #390 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat83 View Post
For anyone that has an athletic build, these shirts are absolutely fantastic. Picked up a couple on sale and absolutely love them. Fit me off the rack as well.

I will be glad to answer any inquiries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post
If by athletic you mean skinny, then yes. If you have broad shoulders/chest these shirts may not fit you properly. Right now I am by no means huge, 5'11 175 but my chest measures about 43-44". When putting on a shirt that was 1/2 size too big for my neck, I could barely even button the shirt across my chest without pulling the button off. The waist fit fine, as I am about a 32" waist - and the arms were nice as well. I just don't feel these shirts are so much suited for "athletically" built people, but geared more towards skinny people.

I'm not slim by any means but i have a thick neck compare to my body frame (wrestler type build) so the ESF shirts fit me very well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts