or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts - Page 12

post #166 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
Thanks... gotta wonder if the 14.5 would be any different though.

Shoulder is 16.75" on the white oxfords.
post #167 of 630
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
Are you so opposed to the pocket that you wouldn't just buy the dress shirt? Or do you already own the sport shirt?

I am. If it was tonal I wouldn't mind it as much. Every time I see it, I want to swat at it like its a fly. Not a fan.
post #168 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
Are you so opposed to the pocket that you wouldn't just buy the dress shirt? Or do you already own the sport shirt?

Well, I really liked the lavender one, so I picked it up as one of my 3 for $199. Just wondering if it's possible to get it removed.
post #169 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasec View Post
Well, I really liked the lavender one, so I picked it up as one of my 3 for $199. Just wondering if it's possible to get it removed.

Much more difficult things are still "possible," thought I highly doubt the shirt would ever look right. You could always wait and see if they bring out a lavender dress shirt, I suppose.
post #170 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Shoulder is 16.75" on the white oxfords.

Nice! It's really hard to find shirts with a shoulder less than 17", even in a 14.5 neck.

Am I the only one who thinks the shoulders on dress shirts are almost uniformly too wide across the entire industry?

Express seems to have figured this out, but while their fit is great, their quality is poor and I don't care for their collars. I'm a spread/cutaway/"windsor" man.
post #171 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the shoulders on dress shirts are almost uniformly too wide across the entire industry?
Well, this is true for most mall brand dress shirts, but I would say quite the opposite for more casual wear. J. Crew shirts, for instance, are far to small in the shoulders when I size down to get a slim fit in the chest. Gant, Hickey, Shipley&Halmos all have this problem. I've since turned to CEGO for my dress shirts, because the only thing that fits well OTR is RLBL, which is a little pricey.
post #172 of 630
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Well, this is true for most mall brand dress shirts, but I would say quite the opposite for more casual wear. J. Crew shirts, for instance, are far to small in the shoulders when I size down to get a slim fit in the chest. Gant, Hickey, Shipley&Halmos all have this problem. I've since turned to CEGO for my dress shirts, because the only thing that fits well OTR is RLBL, which is a little pricey.

That's a not a good tool to judge being that you sized down to fit the chest then is it? It all depends on your proportions obviously and some brands will work better than other, one just has to branch out and try if possible. The higher end, tailored shirts, though should typically get you closer to a "best" fit if you ask me aside from MTM. Keep in mind the look and appeal of the brand too though as that typically plays a part in why certain brands cut shirts in the manner they do (not referring to mall brands for this obviously).

Gitman and Epaulet shirts seem to work very well for me all around for my proportions so those shirts make up most of my closet because of it.
post #173 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
That's a not a good tool to judge being that you sized down to fit the chest then is it?
Well, when you say the shoulders are too large, you have to be speaking relative to something. In the case of casual shirts, I'm not too concerned about the neck fitting just right, so I look for something that fits me in the chest and shoulders. I suppose if you're speaking relative to the neck circumference, it's a different story.

On another note, I think we must have similar proportions, because I've found the fit of Epaulet shirts to be just perfect. I would also say gitman, but I find their deep armholes make it seem like I have webbing in my armpit, and I can't fully move.
post #174 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Well, this is true for most mall brand dress shirts, but I would say quite the opposite for more casual wear. J. Crew shirts, for instance, are far to small in the shoulders when I size down to get a slim fit in the chest. Gant, Hickey, Shipley&Halmos all have this problem. I've since turned to CEGO for my dress shirts, because the only thing that fits well OTR is RLBL, which is a little pricey.

RLBL are my favorite shirts as well OTR. I find the BBES fit similarly, but a little slimmer in the chest.
post #175 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Well, when you say the shoulders are too large, you have to be speaking relative to something. In the case of casual shirts, I'm not too concerned about the neck fitting just right, so I look for something that fits me in the chest and shoulders. I suppose if you're speaking relative to the neck circumference, it's a different story.

On another note, I think we must have similar proportions, because I've found the fit of Epaulet shirts to be just perfect. I would also say gitman, but I find their deep armholes make it seem like I have webbing in my armpit, and I can't fully move.

I much prefer these shirts over the Gitman shirts, especially with Gitman's inconsistent sizing issues
post #176 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
RLBL are my favorite shirts as well OTR. I find the BBES fit similarly, but a little slimmer in the chest.

Really? I though RLBL were as slim as BoO?
post #177 of 630
sale right now, $60 off an order of $300, if anyone else is thinking about pulling the trigger on these.


does anyone know which white dress shirt is the least see-through?
post #178 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Winky View Post
RLBL are my favorite shirts as well OTR. I find the BBES fit similarly, but a little slimmer in the chest.
Everything I've heard about these extra-slims is perfect; I just have to get over the enormous and misplaced chest pocket.
post #179 of 630
Any shrinkage in the sleeves? The 34 length is perfect out of the package, but I want to make sure I won't have a problem when they're washed. I almost always send them out to a laundry rather than washing myself (though I may do this on the button downs as I want them to look a little more wrinkled.
post #180 of 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Everything I've heard about these extra-slims is perfect; I just have to get over the enormous and misplaced chest pocket.

Wear under a cardigan or jacket. Problem solved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts