or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Cleverley Arrival
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Cleverley Arrival - Page 2

post #16 of 41
Here is a little more Cleverley porn. I only just got these.

This is from their new Anthony Cleverley/Semi-Bespoke range.





post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hmmm...they're kinda ugly.

Was this the first pair from them? If so, what was your inspiration for the details?


- B

I am sure they look nicer on worn.
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol View Post
I am sure they look nicer on worn.

Perhaps, but I doubt it.


- B
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon5986 View Post
Here is a little more Cleverley porn. I only just got these.

I like those.


- B
post #20 of 41
The Anthony Cleverley ones look a lot nicer and sleeker than those bespokes.
post #21 of 41
It's just a different style/preference. I like the bespoke style and think its nice. I just prefer a more elegant looking shoes.
post #22 of 41
Word to the wise. If you decide to spend more than $2,000 on shoes be sure to make your selection in a tasteful manner, to the extent you want to add an off-the-cuff detail, please stop and reflect. The last thing you want to do is spend your hard money on a pair of kicks which whenever worn give people the foregone conclusion that your occupation during the midnight hour is that of a pimp or dice thrower.
post #23 of 41
I just dont get it.. there seems to be a very fine line between elegantly chiselled and square toed
post #24 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hmmm...they're kinda ugly.

Was this the first pair from them? If so, what was your inspiration for the details?

Actually, from my poor pictures they do look kind of fugly. They are the first pair of bespoke with Cleverley and my insipration was a 1970 Plymouth Superbird +Cleverley Catalogue #24 the brown buck derby with hand sewn wingcap. I liked the way they looked in person so but i wanted them in a dark brown calf.




- B

Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Word to the wise. If you decide to spend more than $2,000 on shoes be sure to make your selection in a tasteful manner, to the extent you want to add an off-the-cuff detail, please stop and reflect. The last thing you want to do is spend your hard money on a pair of kicks which whenever worn give people the foregone conclusion that your occupation during the midnight hour is that of a pimp or dice thrower.

Good point, but I did win $1200 and recruited a new stable of talent off the bus from Omaha and it was like walking on a cloud.
post #25 of 41
To me, these look a little less chisel toe and a little more in the "square toe" camp. Can't say I'm a fan, but I'm glad you like them.
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Word to the wise. If you decide to spend more than $2,000 on shoes be sure to make your selection in a tasteful manner, to the extent you want to add an off-the-cuff detail, please stop and reflect. The last thing you want to do is spend your hard money on a pair of kicks which whenever worn give people the foregone conclusion that your occupation during the midnight hour is that of a pimp or dice thrower.

back from Napoli?
post #27 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
back from Napoli?

My current theory is that Vesuvius erupted, dropping whnay. from the dust cloud sooner than scheduled.


- B
post #28 of 41
They're not to my taste, but that's part of the beauty of bespoke--they only need to be to yours.
post #29 of 41
Those are horrendously ugly. The second pair, not as bad.
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
back from Napoli?

Not yet - a few weeks from now. I will not be buying shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Cleverley Arrival