Related Forum Threads
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tom Ford - Contrast Collar - Blue Striped - French Cuff - 42, 16 1/2 Last post on 4/16/12 at 8:59pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12
Edited on 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Edited on 1/4/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) - Page 41post #601 of 84311/12/12 at 4:24pmpost #602 of 84311/14/12 at 7:29pmHandled Sartorio by Kiton suit, better tailoring than mainline but craftsmanship is so so, not very neat finishing. But the main complaint is a fabric. It is a rag. Dull color, cheap and worn looking wool that should not be used for suits of this price-range.
So Sartorio suit is ok if fabric is satisfactory. the cut is a bit like Zegna with low button stance.post #603 of 84311/14/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Medwed
Handled Sartorio by Kiton suit, better tailoring than mainline but craftsmanship is so so, not very neat finishing. But the main complaint is a fabric. It is a rag. Dull color, cheap and worn looking wool that should not be used for suits of this price-range.
So Sartorio suit is ok if fabric is satisfactory. the cut is a bit like Zegna with low button stance.
So when you say "better tailoring" you mean it fits YOU better than mainline? I'm only wondering because you follow that up with the craftsmanship being so so and the fabric being a rag etc.post #604 of 84311/15/12 at 6:59ampost #605 of 84311/15/12 at 11:54amQuote:
Should I have used "more flattering cut" rather than tailoring? Perhaps. My gripe with mainline are: ugly roll on third button that makes it neither 2+1 nor 3 buttons, and unexplainable length of the suit jacket coupled with banana shaped pants (too wide in a seat and thigh tapering sharply to 7.4") a-la Cozak pants.post #606 of 84311/16/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Caruso makes RLBL. I have a couple of RLBL suits and bought a Caruso made suit off Ebay. What I got was a completely different cut from the RLBL Anthony cut. They might be able to do it MTM, but I'd try to make sure the person measuring you knows what you want, super high arm holes, tapered sleeves, etc.post #607 of 84311/17/12 at 7:31pm
This is my first post. I’ve been lurking for a while and I want to thank many of you for greatly enhancing my sartorial knowledge.
A couple of years ago, I made a conscious adult decision to start dressing much more stylishly in most situations. I started by evaluating and selecting the styles, colors, patterns and fit that best compliment my physical characteristics (42L with an 8-inch drop). I also assessed my wardrobe and ended up donating all the items that didn’t fit me properly or were of mediocre quality. Then I made a list of new clothing items that I wanted to acquire and carefully revamped my wardrobe choosing clothing made with quality fabrics, materials, construction and tailoring. I started with a brand new Navy Blue BB Golden Fleece Fitzgerald suit (made in Italy) and a new pair of Black Allen Edmonds Strand dress shoes, and worked my way up from there. I now have three fully canvassed, hand tailored staple suits (including one MTM), four fully-canvassed, hand tailored sport coats and numerous shirts, ties, shoes, coats and accessories.
This and other threads have been very valuable in helping me build a quality wardrobe so far. I’ve also become very partial to Italian fabrics, styles and designers over the past few years. I definitely feel more comfortable and confident in well-tailored, quality attire and accessories that I’ve carefully selected to match my individual style. It’s still a work in progress though.
I didn’t intend to hijack this thread for my first post either…post #608 of 84311/19/12 at 6:21amHello all,
Sorry for the (possibly) off-topic but I am in the process of getting a suit on a very short notice (don't ask) and I am currently considering either one from Lanvin or one from Balenciaga. Thanks to this (highly informative) thread, I am aware that Lanvin suits (the mainline at least) is made by Caruso, but who makes Balenciaga suits? I would think their quality would be on par with the "Very good suits", but I have found no evidence on who the actual manufacturer is.
Thank you in advance and again, I am sorry for the off-topicpost #609 of 84311/19/12 at 7:10ampost #610 of 84311/22/12 at 4:28amI ended up getting a Lanvin suit. Since I would like to know the manufacturer I though I should upload a picture of the inside tags in case someone can recognize whether it is made by Caruso or Pal Zileri. Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend!
2012-11-22 12.51.39.jpg 1975k .jpg file
2012-11-22 12.51.39.jpg 1975k .jpg filepost #611 of 84311/22/12 at 7:16ampost #612 of 84311/22/12 at 11:41ampost #613 of 84311/22/12 at 11:58ampost #614 of 84311/22/12 at 1:12pmThank you for your help "othertravel".
To be honest, i was hoping for a Caruso made suit. I don't know that much about Pal Zileri I'm afraid. I think (and hope I'm right) that is is at least fully canvased since for 2k, a half-canvassed suit would be a rip-off. Do you by any chance how it compares to a Caruso-made Lanvin suit or if it stands closer to Zileri White label (would be my guess unfortunately) or Sartoriale? Thanks again and if anyone has any more info please chip-inpost #615 of 84311/22/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Archimedes
Thank you for your help "othertravel".
To be honest, i was hoping for a Caruso made suit. I don't know that much about Pal Zileri I'm afraid. I think (and hope I'm right) that is is at least fully canvased since for 2k, a half-canvassed suit would be a rip-off. Do you by any chance how it compares to a Caruso-made Lanvin suit or if it stands closer to Zileri White label (would be my guess unfortunately) or Sartoriale? Thanks again and if anyone has any more info please chip-in
I was in a store in SF that sold Pal Zileri mainline and also handled made to measure orders as well.. Same fit as Canali Mainline and I feel the same level of quality.. I was told by the SA that there more than 250 stitches canvas wise... so I would put it a step below Isai if that helps, atleast from what the SA told me and the feel of it.. but really good fabrics though..
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › From eHABERDASHER - a half canvassed suit in $325 - $350 range. ... 17 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › The $300 Cap-Toe. Is the Loake Aldwych as good as it gets... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 29 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme 06 AW Black Leather Chelsea Boots 45 Hedi Slimane 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw