Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAquascutumtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBarbourtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrooks Brotherstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandCanalitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandIsaiatagged by josephnunn, 8/25/14
- brandIvy Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:02 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) - Page 100post #1486 of 149410/18/16 at 4:15ampost #1487 of 149410/18/16 at 6:56ampost #1488 of 149411/16/16 at 12:19amI'm hoping to pickup a nice suit around Black Friday if possible. Budget is about $1000. Moving up from a Brooks Brothers 1818.
Went to the Zegna outlet today and I think their couture suits will be around $1k on Black Friday, but they only have a few in the store.
Does anyone else have any suggestions on where to get a good deal on suits either on Black Friday or after Christmas? Located in the SF Bay Area. Thanks!post #1489 of 149411/24/16 at 2:08am
Thought I'd try and quantify all the great info in this thread by creating a spreadsheet haha. Sorry if this has already been done, but I haven't seen one floating around.
Let me know if there are any categories up the top that I'm missing in regards to quality.
Tried to incorporate price from a US Perspective, but if enough Europeans, SE Asians and fellow Aussies pitch in I'll make a separate spreadsheet by region to try and give us an objective(ish) view of value. But first I need to fill in all the other sections like canvas, cloth type, handwork etc....
As a busy man I'd really appreciate if people could pitch in and help me fill these sections out, otherwise it's probs gonna take me a few weekends. If you guys could post in this thread or comment on the sheet itself I'd really appreciate it! Goal is to include every brand even the shite ones, so that those new to suiting can see why that cheap $150 suit is not worth their time in clearer detail.
Thanks a lot in advance to anyone kind enough to help! (yes this is also my first post!!)
(P.S. if people really pitch in I'll also do one for dress shoes, ties and shirts)post #1490 of 149411/25/16 at 3:20am
Updated spreadsheet to include the canvas type of all listed sits. Also added a little info on pricing, cut, hand-work, details etc.
Will keep the updates coming here and there, over the weekends or as people help out.
Secondly added in the brands
· Loro Piana
· Benjamin sartorial and
· Mj bale
Lastly if any mods or high rep members want access to edit the spreadsheet just pm me or post in this thread and we’ll set it up.
Cheers.post #1491 of 149411/25/16 at 5:22ampost #1492 of 149411/27/16 at 3:50pmpost #1493 of 149411/27/16 at 5:08pmpost #1494 of 149411/27/16 at 8:48pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 42 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...