Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAquascutumtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBarbourtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrooks Brotherstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandCanalitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandIsaiatagged by josephnunn, 8/25/14
- brandIvy Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) - Page 100post #1486 of 152910/18/16 at 4:15ampost #1487 of 152910/18/16 at 6:56ampost #1488 of 152911/16/16 at 12:19amI'm hoping to pickup a nice suit around Black Friday if possible. Budget is about $1000. Moving up from a Brooks Brothers 1818.
Went to the Zegna outlet today and I think their couture suits will be around $1k on Black Friday, but they only have a few in the store.
Does anyone else have any suggestions on where to get a good deal on suits either on Black Friday or after Christmas? Located in the SF Bay Area. Thanks!post #1489 of 152911/24/16 at 2:08am
Thought I'd try and quantify all the great info in this thread by creating a spreadsheet haha. Sorry if this has already been done, but I haven't seen one floating around.
Let me know if there are any categories up the top that I'm missing in regards to quality.
Tried to incorporate price from a US Perspective, but if enough Europeans, SE Asians and fellow Aussies pitch in I'll make a separate spreadsheet by region to try and give us an objective(ish) view of value. But first I need to fill in all the other sections like canvas, cloth type, handwork etc....
As a busy man I'd really appreciate if people could pitch in and help me fill these sections out, otherwise it's probs gonna take me a few weekends. If you guys could post in this thread or comment on the sheet itself I'd really appreciate it! Goal is to include every brand even the shite ones, so that those new to suiting can see why that cheap $150 suit is not worth their time in clearer detail.
Thanks a lot in advance to anyone kind enough to help! (yes this is also my first post!!)
(P.S. if people really pitch in I'll also do one for dress shoes, ties and shirts)post #1490 of 152911/25/16 at 3:20am
Updated spreadsheet to include the canvas type of all listed sits. Also added a little info on pricing, cut, hand-work, details etc.
Will keep the updates coming here and there, over the weekends or as people help out.
Secondly added in the brands
· Loro Piana
· Benjamin sartorial and
· Mj bale
Lastly if any mods or high rep members want access to edit the spreadsheet just pm me or post in this thread and we’ll set it up.
Cheers.post #1491 of 152911/25/16 at 5:22ampost #1492 of 152911/27/16 at 3:50pmpost #1493 of 152911/27/16 at 5:08pmpost #1494 of 152911/27/16 at 8:48pmpost #1495 of 15291/5/17 at 2:22am
I recently purchased one of Suit supply's made to measure suits in Super 160, they come fully canvased and have a decent amount of handwork. Great deal for the price, I would recommend placing them in the "Very Good" category. I would also possibly consider moving the La Spalla line to the very good category as well.post #1496 of 15291/5/17 at 2:48ampost #1497 of 15291/5/17 at 2:56amQuote:
You're up late! (Or across the pond from the US) I would say it's better than RLPL's current offerings. I paid $1300 USD, but that is with all the bells and whistles, top of the line everything. I believe they start much lower. It is fully canvased, has quite a bit of handwork, and extra details such as pleated shoulders, monogramming in multiple locations etc. The super 160 fabric is of great quality and has a huge selection of patterns and colors for everything, threading, lining, under the collar(which I got in a fantastic blue suede). Overall I'm extremely pleased and definitely think it is insane value for the price. I would only place it a bit below my borrelli suit, although that isn't MTM.post #1498 of 15291/5/17 at 4:29ampost #1499 of 15291/5/17 at 4:33ampost #1500 of 15291/5/17 at 4:50am
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 31 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 35 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 57 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...