Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAquascutumtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBarbourtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrooks Brotherstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandCanalitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandIsaiatagged by josephnunn, 8/25/14
- brandIvy Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:54 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/12/16 at 11:24am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) - Page 81post #1201 of 140612/22/13 at 12:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1202 of 140612/22/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by dirnelli
I just posted a new review on my blog about after-sales service from various RTW brands, a topic not yet addressed in this thread:
Is the cost of alteration done whether by in-house tailors or not covered in the price of the items they sell?post #1203 of 140612/22/13 at 1:05pmBasic alterations at the time of purchase are almost always included in the price of RTW clothes from reputable brands -- except for Boggi which charges extra even for a trouser cuff.
Returning for alterations as I did, years after the purchase, is highly unusual and not budgeted by any brand I've ever heard of.post #1204 of 140612/22/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
If the item was purchased from the physical store or from it's online website, I can agree that it's exceptional customer service that they do free alterations even after months or years from when it was purchased.
But if it was bought somewhere else, especially from a secondary market, I wouldn't consider it lack of customer loyalty if they refused to do any free alterations.post #1205 of 140612/22/13 at 1:56pmYou're right, rather than speak of loyalty, I guess I'm calling out the after sales shortfalls of some of these brands compared to their top-tier branding campaigns.
I mean, hey, if Canali, Smalto and Cifonelli flagship stores will alter some suits that I didn't even buy there, while Ralph Lauren. Zegna and Corneliani won't, it just goes to show who is customer-centric and who is not.
Special call-out to Ralph Lauren flagship because the suit I brought in was purchased there.post #1206 of 140612/22/13 at 2:31pmpost #1207 of 140612/23/13 at 12:07am
Yes, in the Ralph Lauren mansion, not some franchisee. Tailors on location and all.
Completely inconsistent policy:
They had already done alterations for free for me -- at that time, I dealt with the same salesman who had initially sold me the suit. (I even ordered the waistcoat made-to-measure.) But when I went back after weight loss, the store manager said they were going to charge me this time around.
My initial obliging salesman had left Ralph Lauren in the meantime, and this manager didn't want to play along with what his salesman had done for me the first time. But the tailor who took down my new measurements was the same as before, he knew the whole history and seemed pretty willing to oblige once again. It was not until the following day that I got a no-go phone call from the manager, who was not even present the day before when we had taken down the new measurements with his obliging tailor.
Thanks to the internet and forums like SF, what some RTW brands think they are saving on the one hand, they can end up losing in e-reputation on the other hand. They would do well to view customer experience as a whole, over the duration, not just a fire-and-forget at the moment of sale. Hopefully, with enough posts like these, they will start to treat every customer as a brand ambassador. (The brands that I thanked in my blog review would appear to already be working at that level.)
If I bothered to write-up this anecdote, it's mainly because it runs so contrary to what you would expect from Ralph Lauren, given how much emphasis they have put on the customer experience in their flagship stores. Heck, I'm even on their private sales mailing list, which not every customer gets to be on. I'm also invited to Ralph Lauren sponsored events via co-branded mailing lists with the major blogs in Paris. You'd think some alert would pop-up on their computer screen before calling me back the next day with a complete 180.
As a social experiment, I may walk in again some day if I hear there is a new manager, just to see if the new guy flips back the other way. When brands seem to run such inconsistent after sales policies, you just never know what to expect, you could always get lucky.post #1208 of 140612/30/13 at 9:19pmpost #1209 of 140612/30/13 at 9:44pmpost #1210 of 140612/30/13 at 9:52pmpost #1211 of 14061/12/14 at 10:27ampost #1212 of 14061/12/14 at 10:43pmTo add content to this thread, here are some reviews of Japanese RTW suit brands by SeamasterLux (Ring Jacket, United Arrows, etc.):
http://paul-lux.tumblr.com/post/72234938183/menswear-in-tokyopost #1213 of 14061/26/14 at 2:55pmpost #1214 of 14061/27/14 at 12:33ampost #1215 of 14061/27/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
FSC suits are made by Martin Greenfieldand should be ranked accordingly.
- The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.