Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAquascutumtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBarbourtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBelvesttagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrionitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandBrooks Brotherstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandCanalitagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- brandIsaiatagged by josephnunn, 8/25/14
- brandIvy Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicKitontagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11More
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) - Page 81post #1201 of 149412/22/13 at 12:18pmpost #1202 of 149412/22/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by dirnelli
I just posted a new review on my blog about after-sales service from various RTW brands, a topic not yet addressed in this thread:
Is the cost of alteration done whether by in-house tailors or not covered in the price of the items they sell?post #1203 of 149412/22/13 at 1:05pmBasic alterations at the time of purchase are almost always included in the price of RTW clothes from reputable brands -- except for Boggi which charges extra even for a trouser cuff.
Returning for alterations as I did, years after the purchase, is highly unusual and not budgeted by any brand I've ever heard of.post #1204 of 149412/22/13 at 1:41pmQuote:
If the item was purchased from the physical store or from it's online website, I can agree that it's exceptional customer service that they do free alterations even after months or years from when it was purchased.
But if it was bought somewhere else, especially from a secondary market, I wouldn't consider it lack of customer loyalty if they refused to do any free alterations.post #1205 of 149412/22/13 at 1:56pmYou're right, rather than speak of loyalty, I guess I'm calling out the after sales shortfalls of some of these brands compared to their top-tier branding campaigns.
I mean, hey, if Canali, Smalto and Cifonelli flagship stores will alter some suits that I didn't even buy there, while Ralph Lauren. Zegna and Corneliani won't, it just goes to show who is customer-centric and who is not.
Special call-out to Ralph Lauren flagship because the suit I brought in was purchased there.post #1206 of 149412/22/13 at 2:31pmpost #1207 of 149412/23/13 at 12:07am
Yes, in the Ralph Lauren mansion, not some franchisee. Tailors on location and all.
Completely inconsistent policy:
They had already done alterations for free for me -- at that time, I dealt with the same salesman who had initially sold me the suit. (I even ordered the waistcoat made-to-measure.) But when I went back after weight loss, the store manager said they were going to charge me this time around.
My initial obliging salesman had left Ralph Lauren in the meantime, and this manager didn't want to play along with what his salesman had done for me the first time. But the tailor who took down my new measurements was the same as before, he knew the whole history and seemed pretty willing to oblige once again. It was not until the following day that I got a no-go phone call from the manager, who was not even present the day before when we had taken down the new measurements with his obliging tailor.
Thanks to the internet and forums like SF, what some RTW brands think they are saving on the one hand, they can end up losing in e-reputation on the other hand. They would do well to view customer experience as a whole, over the duration, not just a fire-and-forget at the moment of sale. Hopefully, with enough posts like these, they will start to treat every customer as a brand ambassador. (The brands that I thanked in my blog review would appear to already be working at that level.)
If I bothered to write-up this anecdote, it's mainly because it runs so contrary to what you would expect from Ralph Lauren, given how much emphasis they have put on the customer experience in their flagship stores. Heck, I'm even on their private sales mailing list, which not every customer gets to be on. I'm also invited to Ralph Lauren sponsored events via co-branded mailing lists with the major blogs in Paris. You'd think some alert would pop-up on their computer screen before calling me back the next day with a complete 180.
As a social experiment, I may walk in again some day if I hear there is a new manager, just to see if the new guy flips back the other way. When brands seem to run such inconsistent after sales policies, you just never know what to expect, you could always get lucky.post #1208 of 149412/30/13 at 9:19pmpost #1209 of 149412/30/13 at 9:44pmpost #1210 of 149412/30/13 at 9:52pmpost #1211 of 14941/12/14 at 10:27ampost #1212 of 14941/12/14 at 10:43pmTo add content to this thread, here are some reviews of Japanese RTW suit brands by SeamasterLux (Ring Jacket, United Arrows, etc.):
http://paul-lux.tumblr.com/post/72234938183/menswear-in-tokyopost #1213 of 14941/26/14 at 2:55pmpost #1214 of 14941/27/14 at 12:33ampost #1215 of 14941/27/14 at 12:29pmQuote:
FSC suits are made by Martin Greenfieldand should be ranked accordingly.
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Chukka Boots Sz 9/9.5D 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Dress Boots 9/9.5D US 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 12 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...