or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Nautica Ties
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nautica Ties

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
What do you all think of their quality? They are on sale at Robinson-May for $28.
post #2 of 12
I wouldn't buy them for more than $15 or $20. Aren't they always at Marshalls/Maxx?
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMan
I wouldn't buy them for more than $15 or $20. Aren't they always at Marshalls/Maxx?

Even less than that from what I noticed.
post #4 of 12
How are Nautica Shirts? What are some other good ties around that range of price?
post #5 of 12
Check the buying and selling thread. There are a number of forum regulars who clear out their own collections or flip finds from thrift stores, samples sales, etc. I have a few ties offered right now, and can pick things up in a similar price range if you provide me with a detailed request.
post #6 of 12
well, I actually meant which labels would you suggest.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen
well, I actually meant which labels would you suggest.

Take a look at this recent thread on favorite tie labels for suggestions. I know you can find Altea and Ike Behar, both superior to Nautica, at TJMaxx/Marshall's with some regularity. If you have access to other discounters the options are almost limitless.
post #8 of 12
I don't know if you're up east, but at Century 21 I imagine one could put together a high-quality tie wardrobe that covered all the basics for ~$300 total.
post #9 of 12
I just bought a new Nautica tie, on sale for a whopping $3 or so. Pretty pattern, but it's thin and limp. I thought twice before paying even $3 for it.

I can't imagine paying retail for one.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I just bought a new Nautica tie, on sale for a whopping $3 or so. Pretty pattern, but it's thin and limp. I thought twice before paying even $3 for it.
All Nautica ties are like this and they usually sell for $30 or more. If you really like those kind of ties, Marshalls/TJMaxx have Nautica ties for around $10. Still a ripoff, but if that's your style...
post #11 of 12
Ive seen David Chu twice. Once at my then tailor's and once at Saks two weeks ago. Hint: He doesnt wear Nautica.


I guess that might fall under the heading he may be dumb but he aint crazy.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc
All Nautica ties are like this and they usually sell for $30 or more. If you really like those kind of ties, Marshalls/TJMaxx have Nautica ties for around $10. Still a ripoff, but if that's your style...

I've seen some Nautica at the discounters and been pleasantly surprised. For $10, some of them have thicker linings and look, at first glance, less like cheap ties. But unless you need dozens of ties right now, I'd just keep an eye out for bargains on nicer ties. You can do very well spending around $30 per.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Nautica Ties