Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
I am no Burberry expert but I wonder if this is authentic myself.
Burberrys should have parenthesis around the name like this> 'Burberrys'
The Burberry 'Nova Check' is not present at all.
The arm buckles are wrong.
The belt has no metal hoops for your hand grenades.
Am I wrong on this? Or was this some ultra-light weight model they came out with,
comparable to the 30 oz. weight Aquascutum of ages past?
Edit- Just looked carefully at all the large photos off that ebay link,
and if it's real somehow it still doesn't look right to me.
The crest sure looks great though...in fact too great.
Modern sewing machines can sew any crest you program into it, so it's getting harder & harder to spot fake from real. ..for this, that is why I addressed the other detail issues.
I am also awaiting someone more knowledgeable to ring in here.
I think I can chime in here on this. I actually bought a NOS Burberry trench from a Toronto retailer recently and based on your observations and the ebay link I would have to agree with you when you say that particular trench is a fake.
- yes, "Burberrys" should be in parenthesis everywhere.
- lack of novacheck liner
- the arm buckles are wrong in the sense that it is made of metal and not leather
- even the waist belt is too low; it should be towards or just at the top of the side pockets. In this example it looks to go right across.
- The crest is much nicer than the real thing.
- all of the internal tags are wrong