or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy traditional trench coat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where to buy traditional trench coat

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
I don't want some fashion forward thing, I want the authentic, REAL ternch coat. The classic. But I can't bloody find it anywhere. Most of the ones I've seen barely go past the crotch and are made of some crap material with fake buckles and plastic buttons and whatnot.

So, this is why I need your help!

Where can I find a good classic trench coat online for a decent price? i.e. less than £500
post #2 of 41
POLO.COM
BrooksBrothers.com
Burrberry.com
Aquascutum from Yoox.com
post #3 of 41
Thread Starter 
Couldn't find any on the web sites. Point me to the specific Burberry/Aqua link?
post #4 of 41
Get a Grenfell coat. More traditional than recent Burberry's or Aquascutum. If you can get your hands on a vintage/deadstock Invertere it's even better.
post #5 of 41
Make sure the armholes are sufficiently high, so your movement won't be impeded as you raise your rifle or scramble over the top of the trench wall.
post #6 of 41
i know a guy if you want beltless

post #7 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
Get a Grenfell coat. More traditional than recent Burberry's or Aquascutum. If you can get your hands on a vintage/deadstock Invertere it's even better.

Thank you very much!
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
Get a Grenfell coat. More traditional than recent Burberry's or Aquascutum. If you can get your hands on a vintage/deadstock Invertere it's even better.

I was always told that Burberry invented the trench coat. Even if they didn't, they are make very nice trench coats that are very easy to find; the OP needs to look places other than their second rate website. A store maybe even.
post #9 of 41
Thread Starter 
Just found this company:

http://www.raincoatsdirect.co.uk/web...tegoryId=10401

They say their trenches are hand-made in England and sell for £275, with a 10 per cent discount that's £247.50 (if I have got that right). The coat looks to fill all the traditional criteria. I shall phone them to confirm that their coats have horn buttons, or whether they are imitation horn.

Anyone heard of them before?
post #10 of 41
Only royalists wear real horn.
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BareSolid View Post
Just found this company:

http://www.raincoatsdirect.co.uk/web...tegoryId=10401

They say their trenches are hand-made in England and sell for £275, with a 10 per cent discount that's £247.50 (if I have got that right). The coat looks to fill all the traditional criteria. I shall phone them to confirm that their coats have horn buttons, or whether they are imitation horn.

Anyone heard of them before?

Hand made in England?

If it sounds too good to be true....
post #12 of 41
I am interested in their Fly front coat, but I'm not sure about which color to order. I like the black, but there is a tread that alludes to black coats only being for very formal or funeral situations. What do you think about the stone color? Or, is beige ok if I exclusively wear grey suits with black shoes?
post #13 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshtj View Post
I am interested in their Fly front coat, but I'm not sure about which color to order. I like the black, but there is a tread that alludes to black coats only being for very formal or funeral situations. What do you think about the stone color? Or, is beige ok if I exclusively wear grey suits with black shoes?

I'd probably be more likely to go for beige myself. It seems more 'human' than stone (khaki) as a colour for a coat.
post #14 of 41
Vintage Burberry is the real deal (Thomas Burberry invented the trench coat for soldiers in WWI; hence the name "trench" coat). If you want to be uber-traditional about it, look on eBay for old-stock Burberry examples.
post #15 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Vintage Burberry is the real deal (Thomas Burberry invented the trench coat for soldiers in WWI; hence the name "trench" coat). If you want to be uber-traditional about it, look on eBay for old-stock Burberry examples.

Good point. I don't really like second-hand gear, mind.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Where to buy traditional trench coat