or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think - Page 3

post #31 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Reminds me of all these McDojo that pop up clamining they were trained by some little old man in Japan in a secret ninjutsu art so secret that no other Japanese know about it and that has eluded common knowledge in 400 years until some gaijin went there and convinced the last remaining soke to make him "Grandmaster". Pah!
Are you suggesting the Drunken Giraffe-style of Kung Fu that Master Lee, the 87 year-old 12th degree Black Belt Shaolin monk (he is the only survivor of a little-know massacre in the remotest monastery outside Guilin) taught me during my time in China is not authentic?
post #32 of 100
Thread Starter 
I encourage any member of this site, especially those who esteem themselves as experts, to research Coppley as a manufacturer and as a definer of tastes. Though possibly less well known in the US than in Canada, their products are of the highest quality, with careful attention to tailoring and shaping. Moreover, few truly fine tailors are as continually innovative in style as Coppley, which fuses the best aspects of contemporary fashion with traditional style elements to create its distinctive look. Coppley also manufactures the popular Keithmoor line, as well as Mateo Maas, Cambridge and Warren K. Cook. I encourage anyone to experience the quality of these brands.

I'm quite suprised at the comments which my post has received. However, I will assume that the critique comes from a brash minority who take it upon themselves to disparage relentlessly anything that does not fit into their closed vision of style. The www.execstyle.com quality, value and service remain for those who are willing to give it a try.

Cheers.

www.execstyle.com
post #33 of 100
Actually the criticism comes from the brash majority of this forum that (1) resents dishonest advertising; (2) finds your assertions that Coppley, while a perfectly competent company, is the best North American company to be absurd; and (3) observes you do not bother to address any of the comments that identify your misstatements through anything else other than ad hominem attacks. Other than that, welcome to the forum!
post #34 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc237
Are you suggesting the Drunken Giraffe-style of Kung Fu that Master Lee, the 87 year-old 12th degree Black Belt Shaolin monk (he is the only survivor of a little-know massacre in the remotest monastery outside Guilin) taught me during my time in China is not authentic?




A big reason I used to read e-budo.com a lot was due to the Baffling Budo subforum. People would find some REAL GEMS (some would put your above example to shame)

P.s. Execstyle, I shall be civil about this because I strive to be avoid being an arsehole, even online . I am not close-minded. I just find your assertions rather difficult to believe without sufficient evidence to the contrary. If this were some other forum, e.g. a car forum or Mac forum it may have been different but here we do not look solely at labels (of cloth nonetheless) and decide "oh this must be great". We dig in to claims such as your own for fun because we are genuinely interested in it. Raison d'etre et.c.
By the way, I do own a fused suit myself made in Italy with Zegna Trofeo which is very much like what you describe in that it has as a primary point of sale the textile manufacturer, not the actual quality and value for money. While I do not bemoan the fact, I know now that even at 150.00 it was not the best price/value ratio I could have achieved. Panegyrics like "Coppley is one of the premier suit manufacturers in North America" mean very little, quite frankly. Zegna themselves make real clunkers under their own label, e.g. many of the "Zegna Soft" and "Z" line suits.
post #35 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Website says their fabric is made specially for them: http://www.coppley.com/en/brands/zcoppley.cfm

That's quite a bit different than being the "only manufacturer in Canada with the rights to produce suits using Zegna fabrics."
post #36 of 100
There is a well respected clothing store in my area which sells Coppley suits made from Zegna fabric. Of course, they also advertise it this way (i.e. "we sell Coppley suits made from Zegna fabric").
post #37 of 100
Thread Starter 
Rest assured, Coppley IS the only Canadian manufacturer with the rights to make suits with Zegna cloth.

I challenge anyone who is ACTUALLY FAMILIAR with Coppley suits to make the same critiques that some of the members here have made. Otherwise, its simply baseless trash talking.
post #38 of 100
Without sounding rude, I don't think you quite get it. I'm not claiming to know the quality of Coppley suits, though many members have ranked them far below other American/Canadian manufacturers. What I am objecting to, and clearly others are as well, is the misleading way you identify these suits. They are not Zegna suits. On your website, it's only the finer print that makes that clear.
post #39 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecStyle
Rest assured, Coppley IS the only Canadian manufacturer with the rights to make suits with Zegna cloth. I challenge anyone who is ACTUALLY FAMILIAR with Coppley suits to make the same critiques that some of the members here have made. Otherwise, its simply baseless trash talking.
Challenge accepted. I am familiar with Coppley's clothing. I actually like the Canadian manufacturers. You will note that nobody has actually critiqued Coppley suits; they have critiqued you and your claims, but not the suits. Turning to the Coppley line, I think they are a good maker of suits. At the top end they do a canvas construction and use good fabrics. That said, they are not the premier North American maker. I would give that honor to Oxxford. I also do not think I would rank them as the premier Canadian maker - I would think that honor belongs to Samuelsohn. Also, at the risk of being rude, I think you are misapprehending your audience here. This is not a good group to open with by being less than 100% forthcoming as to your merchandise.
post #40 of 100
I'll chime in as well. I have a Coppley MTM suit in a beautiful Scabal fabric that is a very nice suit. However, it is in the lower spectrum of suits that I own i.e, Isaia, Oxxford, BB GF, Corneliani, RLPL-St. Andrews, Hickey Freeman, Brioni, Would I buy Coppley again? Maybe. It is nicer than the HSM Gold Trumpeter, Nordstrom's private label, or maybe even Arnold Brant's that i have worn. But one of the "premier suit manufacturers in NA" No way. Stop drinking the Kool-aid!
post #41 of 100
This is exactly why I love this place
Thank you marc237 & ranchsooner for the information regarding Coppley. You see, we do indeed have members here with direct first-hand experience that corraborates the general feeling regarding the actual quality of these suits and their purported "Zegnaness" .
This is not a commercial forum. While filling the Buying and Selling subforum with advertisements (and misleading ones at that) is not that polite, trying to pass off that same infromation in the general Men's Clothing forum reeks of opportunism. There are multiple sellers that frequent this forum but a) they do actually contribute to the information on SF and b) they do not try to underhandedly post misleading advertisments all around the place.
I do not want to take J.'s, Steve's and Fok's words in to my mouth so lets just say that this is "IMHO"
post #42 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecStyle
Rest assured, Coppley IS the only Canadian manufacturer with the rights to make suits with Zegna cloth.

I challenge anyone who is ACTUALLY FAMILIAR with Coppley suits to make the same critiques that some of the members here have made. Otherwise, its simply baseless trash talking.

I'm sorry if I won't "rest assured", since you've already demonstrated with your website's less than honest designation of these suits as Zegna suits.

I'm not aware of any policy by Zegna that disallows anyone from purchasing their cloth and making suits with that fabric. If you have proof otherwise, by all means show it.
post #43 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecStyle
Moreover, few truly fine tailors are as continually innovative in style as Coppley, which fuses the best aspects of contemporary fashion with traditional style elements to create its distinctive look. (emphasis added)

I think that's one word you'll want to avoid around here in discussing suits.
post #44 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecStyle

I'm quite suprised at the comments which my post has received. However, I will assume that the critique comes from a brash minority who take it upon themselves to disparage relentlessly anything that does not fit into their closed vision of style. The www.execstyle.com quality, value and service remain for those who are willing to give it a try.

Cheers.

www.execstyle.com

ExecStyle,

It may be best for you to leave this forum. The StyleForum members (the majority, not a few) find your business ethics unscrupulous. If Coppley suits are as good as you say, you wouldn't need to market them as Zegna's. You've damaged your reputation here.

If I am ever in the market for a Coppley suit (never happen), I would not buy it from you!

Please go away quietly.

pfunk
post #45 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
I think that's one word you'll want to avoid around here in discussing suits.

ROTFL! Missed that one completely!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna Suits - More Affordable Than You Think