or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › hopkins_student kills intruder with samurai sword
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

hopkins_student kills intruder with samurai sword - Page 4

post #46 of 93
post #47 of 93
Buster is awesome.
post #48 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
You are Korean. No sword for you. Only pain and hardship.

and kimchi
post #49 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post
excellent title change.

+2.3
post #50 of 93
This happened about 5 blocks from the apartment I just moved from - it's quite the buzz around town
post #51 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
This happened about 5 blocks from the apartment I just moved from - it's quite the buzz around town

This happened 10 houses down my street I vaguely knew the kid too. If you check out the hopkins message boards, there would be serious facepalming at the amount of racist shit being spewed (also the amount of sexual frustration, which almost makes SF look suave). There were some classic lines though:

Looks like this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

Has been successfully disarmed



You could say that this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

was caught red-handed


You could say that this robber

(puts on sunglasses)

got the five finger discount


You could say Johns Hopkins

(puts on sunglasses)

is really cutting edge


They do say Hopkins is a cutthroat environment.

post #52 of 93
^ Really got to hand it to you.
post #53 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Dude had 29 arrests for burglary... what does it take to get locked up for real around there? P.s. has anyone seen hopkins_student lately?
Baltimore is going to hell in a handbasket. The kid handled his business. Still I feel bad for the ham-fisted burglar. He was probably dealt a poor hand in life, living hand to mouth by palming other people's property. Was he was naughty by nature?
post #54 of 93
nm
post #55 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike View Post
This happened 10 houses down my street I vaguely knew the kid too. If you check out the hopkins message boards, there would be serious facepalming at the amount of racist shit being spewed (also the amount of sexual frustration, which almost makes SF look suave). There were some classic lines though:

Looks like this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

Has been successfully disarmed



You could say that this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

was caught red-handed


You could say that this robber

(puts on sunglasses)

got the five finger discount


You could say Johns Hopkins

(puts on sunglasses)

is really cutting edge


They do say Hopkins is a cutthroat environment.


lol from here on out I'm going to think you look like Horatio Caine
post #56 of 93
On one hand, I don't necessarily agree with the young jedi taking the law into his own hands. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I generally tend to raise my hand against. On the other hand, the garage was probably filled with hand-me-downs that he didn't want to see fall into the wrong hands, or maybe some game cards he paid an arm and a leg for. And if the young nerd didn't feel like he would be in safe hands with the long arm of the law, well then he had to hold the guy at arm's length and eventually take the upper hand.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
post #57 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnacious View Post
I am answering you, but the following responses are in kind and I don't feel like multi-quoting.

My problem is by bringing a sword he has limited the options he has, you have to cut someone to stop them. It is the same thing if you bring a gun, you have to shoot them, that is your only option.

I think he had other options, he could have ran, he could have secured the main area and called the police. It was in his garage, so he was in no immediate danger. He voluntarily stepped into a situation to protect possessions with a means of deterence/defense that has a focused use.

I don't feel sorry for the criminal, I feel sorry for the sword wielder who I think did not think things through and now could be facing a very different future.


So you're saying this student should have pulled out his Game Theory book and analyzed the situation?
post #58 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlegoman View Post
So you're saying this student should have pulled out his Game Theory book and analyzed the situation?

well played
offtopic hey san jose there's near where I live.

In the heat of the the moment I don't think anyone thinks rationally
post #59 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
On one hand, I don't necessarily agree with the young jedi taking the law into his own hands. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I generally tend to raise my hand against. On the other hand, the garage was probably filled with hand-me-downs that he didn't want to see fall into the wrong hands, or maybe some game cards he paid an arm and a leg for. And if the young nerd didn't feel like he would be in safe hands with the long arm of the law, well then he had to hold the guy at arm's length and eventually take the upper hand.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

This deserves a quote.
Nicely done, g.
post #60 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlegoman View Post
So you're saying this student should have pulled out his Game Theory book and analyzed the situation?

Only if his Common Sense book wasn't handy.

JLib made a reasonable rebuttle to my post regarding personal property protection and defensive/offensive actions. I had no response other than to restate my position which doesn't further the conversation just extends it. We land on different sides of the fence so no further development would occur unless someone with a different viewpoint added to the conversation.

Unfortunately all we got was you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › hopkins_student kills intruder with samurai sword