or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay - Page 6

post #76 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
eHab. Same diff. It was one of those 'this is a cute pattern' instakops.

I did that about 35x before I realized I needed solids. Just reloaded on those. Check recent purchases in a few days
post #77 of 82
I always forget to read that thread. Solids are essential, obviously, but I like things in inscrutable checked or striped patterns of lavender and blue for wearing with odd trousers, sans coat or with a sweater. It's part of my aesthetic. Outside of solid blues, I don't think I'd wear solids in a (by SF standards) casual ensemble.
post #78 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
I always forget to read that thread. Solids are essential, obviously, but I like things in inscrutable checked or striped patterns of lavender and blue for wearing with odd trousers, sans coat or with a sweater. It's part of my aesthetic. Outside of solid blues, I don't think I'd wear solids in a (by SF standards) casual ensemble.

Of course - Im not pushing solids - just my personal mistakes in shirt purchases were to go with "interesting" patterns in everything, rather than rewind and start in solids in everything. Hence some of my earlier *ahem* missteps in OTT pattern matching. Spoo 2.0 brought it back in from the outfield. Or is trying, anyhow.
post #79 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Of course - Im not pushing solids - just my personal mistakes in shirt purchases were to go with "interesting" patterns in everything, rather than rewind and start in solids in everything. Hence some of my earlier *ahem* missteps in OTT pattern matching. Spoo 2.0 brought it back in from the outfield. Or is trying, anyhow.
Haha, some of your latest fits are entering CDB territory... 99% of my wardrobe is insanely boring and consists of navy/gray/white, so much so that opening the closet is feeling a little dreary lately If we follow the Mark Cho logic, we should have quite subtle suitings and then fun purple or yellow ties. I like this, it works and creates presence. OTOH, sometimes I need to live a little. Here, I'll let you weigh in on it. The third color is light gray, not olive. It looks and wears a little less crazy in person. I agree about pattern matching w/ this one. I was intending just wear it plain or with a suede bomber or something. My default mode is "going to the patisserie steez."
post #80 of 82
Its a nice collar for sure. I can see it working with a light/mid grey suit and an indigo tie. And call me CBDish one more time and Im getting out of my parents basement to smack you up. You heretic blasphemer times eleventy
post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Its a nice collar for sure. I can see it working with a light/mid grey suit and an indigo tie.

And call me CBDish one more time and Im getting out of my parents basement to smack you up. You heretic blasphemer times eleventy

This is you, right?


Frustratingly, the collar is a hair tight, almost as though the button is positioned too far away. Sizing up would significantly increase what is already a generous-ish cut
post #82 of 82
^ Thats exactly how I post.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay