or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay - Page 5

post #61 of 82
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan G
At $50, these shirts seem to represent a good value even if they are fake. What's all the fuss about?

Thank you.

I would rather pay full retail for a genuine Luigi Borrelli than $50 for a fake.
post #62 of 82
I would rather pay $50 for a shirt with 90% of the handwork at the same quality than full retail for a name. Understood, though.
post #63 of 82
Just to let you know that these shirts are the same sold at the Borrelli outlet in Serravalle (Mc Arthur Glen). They run for about 75 euro, while the "classic" shirts are about 90 euro.
They are not fake.
post #64 of 82
Shop in Italy. Put Made in Italy in perspective.
post #65 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele6
Just to let you know that these shirts are the same sold at the Borrelli outlet in Serravalle (Mc Arthur Glen). They run for about 75 euro, while the "classic" shirts are about 90 euro.
They are not fake.


This tells me Borrelli also had lesser line.
post #66 of 82
I completely agree with lawyerdad.
post #67 of 82
The only problem with buying these shirts and they do turn out to be fake i'm most likely keeping them due to shipping. I doubt the seller will refund shipping and i've already invest $15 per shirt then another $15 or so to send them back and thats 1/2 the money i put into the shirt.
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele6
Just to let you know that these shirts are the same sold at the Borrelli outlet in Serravalle (Mc Arthur Glen). They run for about 75 euro, while the "classic" shirts are about 90 euro.
They are not fake.

Do the 75 euro ones come with the seamstress's name and the borrelli sign on the placket? Do they have any other differences? Also do you know why the difference? Why not do al 90 euro ones or are these special to the outlet only?
post #69 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeis
Do the 75 euro ones come with the seamstress's name and the borrelli sign on the placket? Do they have any other differences? Also do you know why the difference? Why not do al 90 euro ones or are these special to the outlet only?

I saw those shirts when I visited the outlet last summer, and I've never see them again. Thay didn't come with the usual booklet with the signature of the seamstress. As far as I know, no shop in Italy carries this "second" line of shirts.
post #70 of 82
I think some of his stuff is real.

Look at this shirt:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2006-BORRELL...QQcmdZViewItem

I think Borrelli uses several labels, a different label doesn't mean a fake. Here the buttons, main label, the booklet and its attachment all look legit.

The starting price is way too low, though. Employee pilferage?

Can the higher-priced BIN items be real and the others not?
post #71 of 82
What if all details are present, i.e. hand stitching, seamstress' name, placket logo, but the buttons are super thin and seem plasticky?
post #72 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
What if all details are present, i.e. hand stitching, seamstresses' name, placket logo, but the buttons are super thin and seem plasticky?

Probably post-2010 production. Fabric quality is probably meh IRL.
post #73 of 82
Gotcha. I'm handling it right now, and the fabric is pretty fine and in a charming pattern. There are some slight annoyances in the fit, though. Dunno, may keep.
post #74 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
Gotcha. I'm handling it right now, and the fabric is pretty fine and in a charming pattern.
There are some slight annoyances in the fit, though. Dunno, may keep.

eBay kop? STF (Ian)?
post #75 of 82
eHab. Same diff. It was one of those 'this is a cute pattern' instakops.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay