or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay - Page 4

post #46 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink22m
Your argument is farcicle. New York has alot of boutiques that most people have never been to or heard of. It is New York! My point was that Luigi Borrelli is still unknown to probably 95% of the population. While most people on this forum have heard of Borrelli, you have to remember that this forum is certainly not microcosmic of the rest of the population when it comes to sartorial knowledge. In the bigger picture, Borrelli is still pretty unknown.

What does "farcicle" mean? Did you mean "farcical"? I'm glad you found my post funny... What you need to understand is that your point that it is unknown to 95% of the population is irrelevant to the fact that it is a good target brand for counterfeiters.

I am trying to explain to you that LB is not more "obscure" than other high end clothing brands for men like Kiton. When a brand is all over mannequins and windows at large NY department stores, and when it has its own boutique in this high-profile area of Madison Avenue, it becomes a pretty obvious target for counterfeiters. Just as there are tons of fake Brioni ties on eBay (what % of the population has heard of Brioni? 5%? 10%?), there now seems to be some (and will likely be more) fake Borrelli products hitting the market.

If I was a counterfeiter, I would not hesitate to target those high end brands on Madison Ave that are not already flooded with counterfeits... It makes good business sense : if one wants to scam people, it is better to be one of the first ones to market the knock-offs and extract the highest possible margins - while potential buyers still think the brand is too "obscure" to be knocked-off...

Just my opinion - hope that made you laugh
post #47 of 82
The buttons are real IMO, I put my lips them and they were cold and when clicked against my teeth sounded like glass. Give me minute i'll take some pics
post #48 of 82
Here are the pics of one of the shirts. Sorry they are blurry my camera wouldn't focus for some reason but best i could do with little time hopefully i'll get some better ones.

Collar


Button Hole


SHoulder


MOP button
post #49 of 82
I would even be up for sending my shirt to someone to take to a Borrelli store for verification. I am really really curious about this.
post #50 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
What does "farcicle" mean?


Umm. Farciles! I'll take one in grape!
post #51 of 82
Why would anyone want to make fake Borrelli shirts? MOP buttons are not that cheap and only companies like Borrelli and Barba have access to the button suppliers.

Plus, hand set sleeves probably take a good chunk of time to do it. I have not bought a shirt from the seller in question, but I just feel that this is well made shirt if this is a fake borrelli (which I do not think it is..) ..
post #52 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Why would anyone want to make fake Borrelli shirts? MOP buttons are not that cheap and only companies like Borrelli and Barba have access to the button suppliers.

Plus, hand set sleeves probably take a good chunk of time to do it. I have not bought a shirt from the seller in question, but I just feel that this is well made shirt if this is a fake borrelli (which I do not think it is..) ..

Have you ever seen a suit with pick stitching on the lapel that wasn't done by hand, I have, by the dozens. It's quite common. What makes you so sure this stiching was done by hand and not machine to look like hand? Once again, I invite any and all to my house to individually inspect my collection of Borrelli shirts and if you find one without a hand stitched collar, then you'll get me to believe these are real.
post #53 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Why would anyone want to make fake Borrelli shirts?

To make money


Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
MOP buttons are not that cheap and only companies like Borrelli and Barba have access to the button suppliers.

Plus, hand set sleeves probably take a good chunk of time to do it. I have not bought a shirt from the seller in question, but I just feel that this is well made shirt if this is a fake borrelli (which I do not think it is..) ..

If Jantzen can make custom-made shirts with most of these features + more and be profitable selling them for $50 shipped, I can easily undertand that making series of shirts could be very profitable for counterfeiters.
post #54 of 82
Great, Andrew. I'm coming over if only to oogle your shoes!
post #55 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll
Great, Andrew. I'm coming over if only to oogle your shoes!

You'll need additional security clearance for that. Please fill out this form in triplicate.
post #56 of 82
At $50, these shirts seem to represent a good value even if they are fake. What's all the fuss about?
post #57 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Have you ever seen a suit with pick stitching on the lapel that wasn't done by hand, I have, by the dozens. It's quite common. What makes you so sure this stiching was done by hand and not machine to look like hand? Once again, I invite any and all to my house to individually inspect my collection of Borrelli shirts and if you find one without a hand stitched collar, then you'll get me to believe these are real.

Pick stitching is really hard to tell if it was done by hand unless you see the other sides of it. However, with shirts, it's easier to tell since you can see the inside stitchings. If inside stitching is not uniform, then it is hand stitch.

Well. I do not own this $50 LB shirt, all i am saying is that if a shirt has real thick mop buttons, hand set sleeves, and buttonholes .. $50 is a steal and it will get my attention for sure.
post #58 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Pick stitching is really hard to tell if it was done by hand unless you see the other sides of it. However, with shirts, it's easier to tell since you can see the inside stitchings. If inside stitching is not uniform, then it is hand stitch.

Well. I do not own this $50 LB shirt, all i am saying is that if a shirt has real thick mop buttons, hand set sleeves, and buttonholes .. $50 is a steal and it will get my attention for sure.


Thinking the same thing. I got mine for around $70 + ship. But the fabrics are nice and work is nice. If its fake its pretty good and i don't really mind. Its better than any of my TM Lewin Super 140's or Lorenzini shirts. personally at that price i'll take not having a hand sewn collar. Love the fabrics i got (except sent wrong fabric was a little different than pictured) but def gonna keep the shirts just would like to know if they are real or not.
post #59 of 82
Quote:
What does "farcicle" mean? Did you mean "farcical"? I'm glad you found my post funny... What you need to understand is that your point that it is unknown to 95% of the population is irrelevant to the fact that it is a good target brand for counterfeiters.

Sorry, my apologies. Yes, I did mean "farcical," but I was rather tired when I was writing that post, so please excuse the incorrect spelling. I guess I should start by saying that the word "obscure" is quite relative. When I said that Borrelli was obscure, I was thinking of obscurity when compared to many of the typical high end fashion labels like Armani or Gucci, which most people, non sartorialists included, have heard of. Just because Borrelli might be known to forum members, counterfeiters, or be all over New York, doesn't mean the brand still isn't relatively unknown to most of the population, especially when you consider that most people can't tell the difference between a suit from Macy's and a suit by Borrelli. I also wasn't trying to bestow Borrelli with characteristics meant to distinguish it from other brands such as Kiton. I was merely stating my opinion that the label is still unknown to most of the population.
post #60 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan G
At $50, these shirts seem to represent a good value even if they are fake. What's all the fuss about?
Thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay