or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay - Page 3

post #31 of 82
Ya but there's no way in my mind that the euro versions would have less hand-stitching than the american versions. What they are is trimmer because europeans don't have the american obesity problem.

I just don't buy that Borrelli is doing some stuff with less hand-stitching than their usual stuff. Like I said, even a Borrelli polo I have has a hand-stitched collar, shoulder, buttonholes, buttons, and gussets.If they don't cut corners on a polo shirt, I can't imagine them doing so on any shirt.

And I'll say it again but the buttons don't look like borrelli buttons to me (they're about .5mm too thin), although my collection of Borrelli pales in comparison to Andrew's and is mostly limited to sportsjackets, so i'll defer to his judgement on that issue.
post #32 of 82
Quote:
He also had Barba shirts which even less people have heard off, it took me a year on this board before i heard of them. But some things aren't adding up. I thought i read on AA that they have a Euro version of shirts. Anyone know this for a fact?

When you say "Euro Version," are you speaking of Borrelli? If so, I know that the Borrelli's sold in Europe and at their boutiques in the US are much slimmer fitting than their shirts sold in such places as Neimans or Saks in the US. I agree with GQ that the buttons don't look right in that picture. Also, it wouldn't make any sense for Borrelli to intentionally construct shirts for the U.S with more hand stitching than those sold in Europe. In fact, if anything, I would think that it would be the other way around.
post #33 of 82
Thread Starter 
Check out this link to the Borrelli website and you can see how much handwork etc. goes into each and every shirt as well as the other details I referenced. These are fakes.

http://www.luigiborrelli.com/english...camicia_en.htm
post #34 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink22m
When you say "Euro Version," are you speaking of Borrelli? If so, I know that the Borrelli's sold in Europe and at their boutiques in the US are much slimmer fitting than their shirts sold in such places as Neimans or Saks in the US. I agree with GQ that the buttons don't look right in that picture. Also, it wouldn't make any sense for Borrelli to intentionally construct shirts for the U.S with more hand stitching than those sold in Europe. In fact, if anything, I would think that it would be the other way around.
The ones in Europe are slimmer. The ones at the boutique are the medium body. Not huge like Neimans, but not the slim body either. I think Andrew is right. I have owned or do own close around fifty of their shirts and all are as he describes.
post #35 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
My conclusion: They are probably real, but they are, as someone said, training shirts, or perhaps rejects. I am happy as a clam for $50 a shirt.
This seems the most reasonable conclusion. What's the point of putting any handwork at all into a fake shirt, and an obscure label, and then only selling it for $50? If I knew anything about law, and this were a court room, I'd ask for the motive.

Tom
post #36 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02
This seems the most reasonable conclusion. What's the point of putting any handwork at all into a fake shirt, and an obscure label, and then only selling it for $50? If I knew anything about law, and this were a court room, I'd ask for the motive.

Tom

Some are being sold for $1 starting bids many other for $139. I think the seller is pretty samrt in that he's builing interest with the cheap one in order to land the bigger ticket sales.
post #37 of 82
Quote:
The ones in Europe are slimmer. The ones at the boutique are the medium body. Not huge like Neimans, but not the slim body either.

I think Andrew is right. I have owned or do own close around fifty of their shirts and all are as he describes.

Just to be sure though, the Borrelli's sold in their boutiques in Europe are slimmer than the Borrelli's sold in their boutiques in the U.S, right?
post #38 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Ya but there's no way in my mind that the euro versions would have less hand-stitching than the american versions. What they are is trimmer because europeans don't have the american obesity problem.

Not to take this discussion off track but half of Europeans who are members of EU nations are considered overweight and obese. This comes from an EU commission study.
post #39 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgekko
Not to take this discussion off track but half of Europeans who are members of EU nations are considered overweight and obese. This comes from an EU commission study.
Yes, German stores definitely stock sizes similar to US stores.
post #40 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink22m
My point was that Luigi Borrelli is still unknown to probably 95% of the population.
Probably true, but does that really set it apart from other high-end brands? How many people in the general population know Kiton?
post #41 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Incorrect how?

It should also say "Borrelli"
post #42 of 82
FWIW: I emailed teh seller asking him to explain some discrepancies, i.e. machine-sewn collar, etc. His response follows:


Hi,
thank you for all
yes is authenc, don't warry
Borrelli make two label in Italy (Borrelli and LB)
because in one city can't sell two store the same item with the same label,
so Borrelli, like barba, kiton put another label so another store can sell their products!
You can also go in some borrelli store in your country for look if are authentic
Thank you
Pier
post #43 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
FWIW: I emailed teh seller asking him to explain some discrepancies, i.e. machine-sewn collar, etc. His response follows:


Hi,
thank you for all
yes is authenc, don't warry
Borrelli make two label in Italy (Borrelli and LB)
because in one city can't sell two store the same item with the same label,
so Borrelli, like barba, kiton put another label so another store can sell their products!
You can also go in some borrelli store in your country for look if are authentic
Thank you
Pier

He's full of it. I have shirts that tagged both ways. Luigi Borrelli labels, mostly acquired from the US and LB labels, all acquired from Europe through Yoox.com and other sources. They are identical in workmanship and detailing.
post #44 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by demeis
... Hand Stiched button holes, hand stiched buttons in the crows foot stitch, hand stitched gusset and hand stiched sleeves. The things that don't have hand stiching are the collar and the cuff ...

I believe Borrelli uses signle-needle machine stitch to attach cuffs to sleeves. If this $50 Borrelli shirts have that much of handwork, I would not doubt that they are fakes.

Can you make sure that the buttons are real MOP? Put your lips on the buttons. If you feel that a button is cold, then it is a real MOP. I highly higly doubt that fakes will use real MOP buttons. Cost to make the shirts will increase drastically to a point that it defeats the purpose to make fake shirts.

Also, can you post a close up picture of collar seam and shoulder seam (inside of the shirt)?

Thanks.
post #45 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
I believe Borrelli uses signle-needle machine stitch to attach cuffs to sleeves. If this $50 Borrelli shirts have that much of handwork, I would not doubt that they are fakes.

Can you make sure that the buttons are real MOP? Put your lips on the buttons. If you feel that a button is cold, then it is a real MOP. I highly higly doubt that fakes will use real MOP buttons. Cost to make the shirts will increase drastically to a point that it defeats the purpose to make fake shirts.

Also, can you post a close up picture of collar seam and shoulder seam (inside of the shirt)?

Thanks.


Has anyone ever bought a Borrelli shirt for a respected retailer that had a machine sewn collar? Anyone, ever? Not me and like I said, I have over 150 of their shirts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › All These Cheap Borrelli Shirts on Ebay