or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The NBA Playoffs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NBA Playoffs - Page 9

post #121 of 209
Thread Starter 
I'm not sure if I'm actually *pulling* for Jersey, but regardless, I hope it goes to seven games. Dwyane Wade is a sight to behold. My fiancee thinks so, too, though when she says it I'm pretty sure she means that as a double entendre....

Also, the Suns/Clippers game last night was kind of a downer (why do I want to see the Suns lose? I actually like them. I think I'm still more of a Lakers fan than I admit to myself), but I'm actually kind of heartened. For one thing, the Suns can't keep that up all series; at some point, the Clips will rediscover their defense. For another, it's clear that they have no answer to Elton Brand. 18-of-22 from the field is ridiculous. I knew I wasn't crazy for screaming at the television when Kwame Brown couldn't sink five-footers with a height advantage. Anyway, the series looks like it could be quite competitive.
post #122 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm not sure if I'm actually *pulling* for Jersey, but regardless, I hope it goes to seven games. Dwyane Wade is a sight to behold. My fiancee thinks so, too, though when she says it I'm pretty sure she means that as a double entendre....

Also, the Suns/Clippers game last night was kind of a downer (why do I want to see the Suns lose? I actually like them. I think I'm still more of a Lakers fan than I admit to myself), but I'm actually kind of heartened. For one thing, the Suns can't keep that up all series; at some point, the Clips will rediscover their defense. For another, it's clear that they have no answer to Elton Brand. 18-of-22 from the field is ridiculous. I knew I wasn't crazy for screaming at the television when Kwame Brown couldn't sink five-footers with a height advantage. Anyway, the series looks like it could be quite competitive.

I agree; the adjustments from game to game in the Suns/Clippers series should be fascinating to watch. I'm still picking the Clippers to win in 7.

koji
post #123 of 209
ESPN.com says the Pistons may have a flaw because of the jump shots they take. Detroit is the most balanced team in the league since the mid 90's. The Cavs are done. Bring on the Finals.
post #124 of 209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
I agree; the adjustments from game to game in the Suns/Clippers series should be fascinating to watch. I'm still picking the Clippers to win in 7.
Speaking of adjustments.... Actually, Miami and LA have both rebounded with a vengeance--LA, in particular, in more ways than one. And this is the second straight game where the Clips scored more than 120, right? The Suns have got to find a way to slow them down a little, because I don't realistically see them (the Suns) having three more 130+ point games in the series. Maybe one, hell, maybe even two, but their lack of size right now is killing them. The NJ/Miami series is still a little inscrutable to me. No idea what to make of that one yet.
post #125 of 209
Thread Starter 
So yeah... Dallas. Either the Spurs pull out the second come-from-behind-when-you're-down-3-1 of the playoffs, or they're out. I'm impressed.

And WTF @ Detroit losing it last night? This is strange. I really didn't think the Cavs would take more than one game.
post #126 of 209
I picked Dallas to win the whole shooting match when the playoffs started and everyone laughed at me....

koji
post #127 of 209
Quote:
ESPN.com says the Pistons may have a flaw because of the jump shots they take. Detroit is the most balanced team in the league since the mid 90's. The Cavs are done. Bring on the Finals.

If it takes them 6 to beat the Cavs, Dallas (most likely) or San Antonio will give them fits.

AND they need to make 'Sheed wear duct tape on his mouth.
post #128 of 209
Quote:
Anyway, I think the Nets are capable of beating both Miami and Detroit

post #129 of 209
Well, the Nets are out now, so I guess I was wrong (though, I stand by my comment that they are capable of beating both Miami and Detroit). Anyway, I wish they could have gone out stronger if they had to go out, but oh well, there's always next year.

Anyway, I'm sitting here watching the Suns-Clippers game, and...am I the only one to whom this game looks like a work?!? I mean, it seems crazy that they would work a playoff game (or does it...), but, there's too many weird things happening in this game.
post #130 of 209
Never mind my last post. What an awesome game.
post #131 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
Never mind my last post. What an awesome game.

Yesss!!!!! What a finish... thought we were done for in the first OT and then Bell hits the 3 to force a 2nd OT and the Suns finally close it out!

P.S. It doesn't bother me to see Jack Nicholson sitting there during the Lakers series, but it pisses me off when he shows up for this series as if he's ever been a Clippers fans. Billy Crystal and Penny Marshall coming to my town, that's fine - they're legit Clips fans - but Nicholson should just go away after we beat his team in the first round.
post #132 of 209
Although I enjoyd watching the game, my eyes were praying that it would be over in 1 overtime. We were making fun of Nicholson too The laker fans are going to show up at his house with pitchforks and torches.
post #133 of 209
Thread Starter 
Who knows, maybe Kobe finally killed Nicholson's long-standing Laker fandom.

That was a crazy, crazy game. I grow more conflicted about Raja Bell daily; on the one hand, you don't clothesline other players; on the other hand, it was Kobe. On the one hand, that was BS, the Suns were dead! On the other: wow, clutch shot. Impressive.

Also, yeah, apparently my uncertainty about the Nets/Heat matchup was way off base. NJ got spanked.
post #134 of 209
lakers fans and clippers fans are the same people. we love the lakers because they are winners. we love the clippers because they are losers. there's no rivalry here.
post #135 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
lakers fans and clippers fans are the same people. we love the lakers because they are winners. we love the clippers because they are losers. there's no rivalry here.

And now we are all confused
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The NBA Playoffs