or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › raleigh denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

raleigh denim - Page 14

post #196 of 273
Can anyone recommend me a tailor in Raleigh? Price is def a factor too.
post #197 of 273
Does anyone know how much in the length of the inseam a cold soak and/or a cold wash would shrink a pair of raw raleighs?
post #198 of 273

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Does anyone know how much in the length of the inseam a cold soak and/or a cold wash would shrink a pair of raw raleighs?

 


I did a cold soak on one of my pairs when I first got them. Didn't measure but if felt like no more than 1/2-1" shrinkage.

post #199 of 273

I did a hot soak of mine and I didn't notice any shrinkage of the inseam at all...

post #200 of 273
same here. i didn't measure, but i did a hot soak and didn't notice much shrinkage at all.
post #201 of 273
Good to know, I plan on taking the pair I have in to have a chain stitch hem done, for $25 ... does that sound like a reasonable price?
post #202 of 273

$25 seems to be the going rate if you really need them hemmed shorter. From the Ytube videos I've seen all RD jeans are hemmed on a vintage Union Special 43200G sewing machine. This is the one that gives the roping effect. If you don't need shorter jeans then you're GTG.

post #203 of 273

Visited the Curatory for the first time in a few months today. Purchased a pair of Wilson Trouser pants and chatted with the people working. It looks like Raleigh is working on opening a retail store in NYC pretty soon, shooting for September of this year.

post #204 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagley920 View Post

Visited the Curatory for the first time in a few months today. Purchased a pair of Wilson Trouser pants and chatted with the people working. It looks like Raleigh is working on opening a retail store in NYC pretty soon, shooting for September of this year.

I was down in Raleigh for a wedding last week and picked up a pair of original thins and my wife grabbed a pair of red jeans. While they were hemming both pairs we were making small talk and they mentioned the NY store opening in Sep as well. I believe they said it will be on Elizabeth St. The Geller pieces they stocked are great and could have blown a ton of money there.
post #205 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagley920 View Post

Visited the Curatory for the first time in a few months today. Purchased a pair of Wilson Trouser pants and chatted with the people working. It looks like Raleigh is working on opening a retail store in NYC pretty soon, shooting for September of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post

I was down in Raleigh for a wedding last week and picked up a pair of original thins and my wife grabbed a pair of red jeans. While they were hemming both pairs we were making small talk and they mentioned the NY store opening in Sep as well. I believe they said it will be on Elizabeth St. The Geller pieces they stocked are great and could have blown a ton of money there.

hey fellas... I'll be vacationing down in NC next month. Any info on visiting the Curatory? What stock is available there, selection? Did you tour the factory of anything? Any help is much appreciated and PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks!
post #206 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

hey fellas... I'll be vacationing down in NC next month. Any info on visiting the Curatory? What stock is available there, selection? Did you tour the factory of anything? Any help is much appreciated and PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks!

We were there on a Saturday so the factory side of things was shut down. It is visible as the two areas are barely separated. I am sure you could call to see if they have stock on hand if you are looking for jeans that are not a staple item but would imagine they have everything on hand that they currently make (maybe the exception would be the exclusives they do for certain retailers. If you are driving to Raleigh from your vacation spot it is easy on/off from 40 with plenty of parking by the store. Grab a beer at either the Raleigh Times or Busy Bee afterwards.
post #207 of 273
if you can't tour, you can at least peer in the windows separating the factory and the sales space.

I didn't see what was going on there in the past few months, but in January or so they had, off the top of my head, stuff by Geller, Sunny Sports, BoO, St. James, il Bisonte, Farm Tactics, their own jeans, of course, as well as their own shirts, ties, and cords. I know I'm missing a few brands.

Also, eat at Poole's Diner.
post #208 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

if you can't tour, you can at least peer in the windows separating the factory and the sales space.
I didn't see what was going on there in the past few months, but in January or so they had, off the top of my head, stuff by Geller, Sunny Sports, BoO, St. James, il Bisonte, Farm Tactics, their own jeans, of course, as well as their own shirts, ties, and cords. I know I'm missing a few brands.
Also, eat at Poole's Diner.

Also had Billy Reid, BoO, and Hollander & Lexer.
post #209 of 273

You boys are forgetting The Pit which is one block over!

post #210 of 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagley920 View Post

You boys are forgetting The Pit which is one block over!

Sullivan's as well....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › raleigh denim