or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bijan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bijan. - Page 2

post #16 of 47
[quote=kcgreg]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
Wildly overpriced status-symbol Italian suit label. From what I hear (on here), it does not match up to other ultra-high end suits (Kiton, Brioni, etc) in quality.

Hey Full Canvass - then the suits should be up to standard - no?

Sorry to miss your question earlier, Mr. Greg. However, with all the electronic dust flying around this thread . . . I just didn't see the question until now.

However, with all the other knowledgeable responses posted, I think you already have a general idea of the Bijan mythos.
_______________________________________
post #17 of 47
Thread Starter 
[quote=Full Canvas]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreg

Sorry to miss your question earlier, Mr. Greg. However, with all the electronic dust flying around this thread . . . I just didn't see the question until now.

However, with all the other knowledgeable responses posted, I think you already have a general idea of the Bijan mythos.
_______________________________________

No worries Full Canvas - It is incredible how people will go and stick to a brand of prestige and pay that sort of money for some show of personal gain - incredible!

This begs the question from a dutchman's point of view - have these people got more money than brains?
post #18 of 47
The man Bijan used to have a shop in New York as well, an exclusive sort of appointment only enclave, which ironically he closed due to escalating rent. He also had a yellow Rolls Royce parked outside the Rodeo Drive shop.
post #19 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The man Bijan used to have a shop in New York as well, an exclusive sort of appointment only enclace, which ironically he closed due to escalating rent.

He also had a yellow Rolls Royce parked outside the Rodeo Drive shop.
No wonder he could afford to buy the yellow rolce's due to the fact that he wasn't paying high rent anymore...hah!
post #20 of 47
Nice looking suit IMO
post #21 of 47
Quote:
When I think of wildly overpriced status symbol, I think of Dolce and Gabbana suits among movie stars.

I usually think of Giorgio Armani.
post #22 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink22m
I usually think of Giorgio Armani.

Why Giorgio Armani?
post #23 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreg
Why Giorgio Armani?
really crappy construction + often crappy materials do not = good suit
post #24 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
really crappy construction + often crappy materials do not = good suit

Does this mean we are actually equating Bijan' suits to Giorgio Armani which are crappy suits??? Help clarify this!!!

Because if we are - I am sure we can do better than this Bijan guy who I think is a creative crook!!! What a shrewd businessman.
post #25 of 47
Bijan's suits, unlike Armani's, are not cheap or shoddily constructed. It's only the aesthetic prototype that is left dubious.

Of course, some would contest his pricing but at least it's not hideous quality.
post #26 of 47
I would venture to guess that Bijan's fragrance line, which was launched with and stars Michael Jordan the Fragrance, is a substantially larger revenue stream than their clothing line. The fragrance business can be incredibly profitable.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=55295
post #27 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I believe d'Avenza also did Bijan, which has that aura of Stefano Ricci; tacky bits of clothing that made Italy famous in the '80s.

I think you are right.

Bijan and Ricci are two peas in a gold plated, over cologned, alligator shod, pinky ringed pod. Both are just terrible.
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think you are right. Bijan and Ricci are two peas in a gold plated, over cologned, alligator shod, pinky ringed pod. Both are just terrible.
And the shoes will be gold side-bitted medium vamp Artioli loafers in a glove-like leather. Perhaps like this:
post #29 of 47
Did anyone try diamonds on the soles of their shoes? They're very hard-wearing.
post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Did anyone try diamonds on the soles of their shoes?

They're very hard-wearing.

No. I'm empty as a pocket...but I've got nothing to lose. Perhaps some aftershave, to compensate for my ordinary shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bijan.