• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breaking In Raw Denim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian101

Reaction score
Hey, guys I'm new to the Raw Denim scene, so I'm trying to see what it's all about. I'll try to keep my questions short, I know people around don't like raw denim questions "sometimes". However, today my main issue is with Raw/Dry denim is breaking them in. I know wearing them will do this, but is there anyway to get the process faster to make 'em more softer without ruining the material? I know washing them will ruin the indigo so any other suggestions beside that? Do note I'm not asking how to speed up the fading/whiskering process, I just want them softer and more comfortable (less stiff), so I can enjoy the process of fading get it? Thanks alot guys.
confused.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Either: a) suck it up, b) buy lighter ounce denim, c) buy denim that uses softer cotton or a cashmere blend, or d) suck it up.

Also, people here don't mind questions but they get slightly irritated when people don't notice the sticky thread specifically for denim questions.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found that a cool soak and wearing damp for a while helps a little with breaking in.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love stiff jeans and think they are way more comfy than any soft jean.
blush.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I have found that a cool soak and wearing damp for a while helps a little with breaking in.
Depending on the denim you might cause the kid to have a heart attack if he did that. Most of the time after a soak my denim is even more stiff than before.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Depending on the denim you might cause the kid to have a heart attack if he did that.

Most of the time after a soak my denim is even more stiff than before.

Well, true, but they soften up after about a week. I just think the soaking helps form the jeans to my legs a little quicker.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I think you mean Imprint?

I gots them and loves them. Only worn 5X so ro signs of break-in yet. Go for em.

a93hunt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I gots them and loves them. Only worn 5X so ro signs of break-in yet. Go for em.

Can you please post some starting & evolution pix? I'm really interested in the Imprints but I'm not sure yet if I should invest in them.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much are they.... if there like 80 you can get some APC for not much more. OR some nice high end denim on sale for about the same price as apc.

mr. burns

Reaction score
the idea of those imprints is kinda weird. i mean, i know why they're making them but... they're purposely making jeans that wear out fast. i can't be the only one that finds that a little funny.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
the idea of those imprints is kinda weird. i mean, i know why they're making them but... they're purposely making jeans that wear out fast. i can't be the only one that finds that a little funny.

I think it's just the dye they use that is different, the jeans themselves are the same old cotton found in regular Levi's.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing them like sheet metal is where the fun of raw denim is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads