or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › One of the worst eBay suits ever?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One of the worst eBay suits ever? - Page 2

post #16 of 36
I laughed so hard, my own suit nearly had urine drops. But only a few, and they would be very minor, so my tailor could take care of them.
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I've heard that Olga uses urine to get the antiquing on her Belutis just right.

Only midstream drops.
post #18 of 36
"there are some MINOR stains on the middle part in the crotch area, which appear to be urine drops." What the hell is this person trying to sell - the suit or the fact that it has urine drops???? Why would anyone want to bid for a suit that has someone's waste product available for perusal - eeewww Response from andiv0409 andiv0409( 384) Positive Feedback: 100% Member Since: Oct-19-03 Location: NY, United States Registered On: www.ebay.com Item: EMPORIO ARMANI Double Breasted 8-Button Suit 46 / 36R (7759846381) This message was sent while the listing was active. andiv0409 is the seller. Yes, the urine belongs to someone special. Thank you for asking. Respond to this question in My Messages. This was the above response to the question I posed.
post #19 of 36
That is totally pipin. Too bad it is not purple.
post #20 of 36
Would look great with these (worst Ebay shoes ever?):





http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-360-JIL-SAND...QQcmdZViewItem
post #21 of 36
Oh, I do like those shoes. They're really funny. Kind of takes the Puma cult down a notch. I had some white Jil Sander monsters that I got on clearance a few years ago for something like $7 that also made me laugh. Funny thing, though, they turned out to actually be kind of cool too and I wore them until they were worn out.
post #22 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek
Oh, I do like those shoes. They're really funny. Kind of takes the Puma cult down a notch. I had some white Jil Sander monsters that I got on clearance a few years ago for something like $7 that also made me laugh. Funny thing, though, they turned out to actually be kind of cool too and I wore them until they were worn out.

I wonder if some teenage superfuture regulars will get in a bidding war over those, and then you'll see them appear in a "what are you wearing thread" next week as part of an outfit consisting of a $500 BAPE camo hoodie and fake Evisu jeans with a dozen gulls sewn on each leg and a cuff rolled up to shin level on some dork trying to do a "I'm a thug!" pose. This post will be followed by ten more giving "mad props" and expressing envy at not being able to have those "pimpin' kicks."
post #23 of 36
Quote:
As seen in photo, there are some MINOR stains on the middle part in the crotch area, which appear to be urine drops. There are no stains on the lining, just that middle part, which can be changed. It's not really bad, just a few drops. Your local tailor can certainly take care of that, by changing that piece of cloth.

I'm starting to realize why tailors are a dying breed...
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aybojs
I wonder if some teenage superfuture regulars will get in a bidding war over those, and then you'll see them appear in a "what are you wearing thread" next week as part of an outfit consisting of a $500 BAPE camo hoodie and fake Evisu jeans with a dozen gulls sewn on each leg and a cuff rolled up to shin level on some dork trying to do a "I'm a thug!" pose. This post will be followed by ten more giving "mad props" and expressing envy at not being able to have those "pimpin' kicks."

Sheesshh!
post #25 of 36
Urine drops! LOL! Thank you for this post, it took the edge off a particularly bad day right before turning in for the night.
post #26 of 36
I wonder how many of us have bought stuff from ebay that had similar - ahem - deficiencies as this suit where the seller either wasn't honest enough to tell us about it or didn't know about it. That's why I feel a little wierd about getting pants off of ebay - their close proximity to the junk.
post #27 of 36
Post scriptum to my inquiry posted on the previous page:

"Hello... Urine is just what it is. We, the sellers, are not quite sure what you meant by AUTHENTIC urine. Thank you for asking. "

My followup:

"Well you said you don't sell 'unauthentic' items. I just wanted to make sure."
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
Urine drops?

Maybe the seller is taking the piss.............
post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
I wonder how many of us have bought stuff from ebay that had similar - ahem - deficiencies as this suit where the seller either wasn't honest enough to tell us about it or didn't know about it. That's why I feel a little wierd about getting pants off of ebay - their close proximity to the junk.
I once found a really neat looking Belvest suit being auctioned by one of those all-around general consignment drop companies. It was used and dated to around the 90's, but the pictures looked nice and the ad said it was in excellent condition. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger since the suit was tagged as a 42S, but the listed measurements were much closer to the 38R/40R range. There was a $75 Buy-it-Now price and a policy that allowed me to return it minus a 20% restocking fee, so I figured it was worth a gamble. Then the suit came in the mail. First I put on the jacket, and it was clearly much too big. When I measured it later it was closer to a 42-43R; the seller obviously didn't have an auction lister who knew how to measure. I took off the jacket and was about to put on the trousers, but as I was about to step into them, I decided it would be pointless and went to measure them first. I was very glad I didn't put on the pants, because as I held them by the waist and prepared to stretch it out for measurement, I got a glimpse of a discoloration on the inside. It was a large stain that covered significant portions of the inside lining, and it was a delightful shade akin to that of coffee or mocha. In other words, there was a massive yellow/brown stain covering the crotch and seat of the pants. I don't really want to make any speculations as to the origins of the stain, but I was glad not to have put the pants on. The waist measured at 38" anyway (the auction stated it was in the 33-34 range), so there would have been no point. At least, the saga ended satisfactorily: I sent a calm e-mail to the seller with pictures of my measuring the jacket in accordance with A Harris' excellent guide (which I also showed as lesson material for future suit auctions), and, of course, casually mentioned the dilemma of the disturbingly located pants stain with appropriate images attached. To his credit, the seller had a "HOLY SHIT" (no pun intended) moment and in addition to accepting my request to waive the restocking fee, refunded the rather considerable shipping costs I had paid as well. Needless to say, the experience was enough for me to decide never to shop from that seller again and to be very cautious when looking at used suits on eBay. This happened about a year ago, but I could probably find the relevant photos I took if anyone were interested.
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aybojs
This happened about a year ago, but I could probably find the relevant photos I took if anyone were interested.

I, for one, could live without the photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › One of the worst eBay suits ever?