Took an XXL (!) in the new Stark from Mr. Porter (5'10" 165lbs) and I had both a M and L in the Ion. I kept the L - the M was too short
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 321
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4802 of 53103/20/14 at 10:09amso my start has pretty much always been too big and i've lost some weight recently and now it's definitely too big. anyway, i know fok boiled his or some shit and i think someone else (randomkoeandude?) said he washed is. i'm going to try washing mine and see what happens. which me luck.post #4803 of 53103/20/14 at 10:30ampost #4804 of 53103/20/14 at 10:33ampost #4805 of 53103/20/14 at 11:07amFit (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
What do you guys think of the fit on this? It's an older fit Stark (the longer one) in Medium. I'm 6'4", 195 lbs, typically wear a 40L jacket (maybe 42L if the brand runs slim). I'm wondering if I need a Large or if that would be too big. The fit on this feels pretty good, but in the first pic when it's buttoned, you can see the bottom button pulling a bit. Other than that, it feels good in the shoulders, arms, and everywhere else.Late to this, but I think it looks fine. The hip comment is likely more driven by your posture in the pic and where the Stark makes that particular fold (Which changes all the time anyway).post #4806 of 53103/20/14 at 1:02pmpost #4807 of 53103/20/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by mike868y
so my start has pretty much always been too big and i've lost some weight recently and now it's definitely too big. anyway, i know fok boiled his or some shit and i think someone else (randomkoeandude?) said he washed is. i'm going to try washing mine and see what happens. which me luck.
post pics. how do you intend to shrink it?post #4808 of 53103/20/14 at 1:11pmpost #4809 of 53103/20/14 at 1:13pmpost #4810 of 53103/21/14 at 5:26pmpost #4811 of 53103/21/14 at 5:32pmpost #4812 of 53103/21/14 at 5:35pmQuote:
It's heavy wool doesn't make sense - get a polyester knit, dries instantly in wet conditions, almost no smell, relatively cheap and has pockets
Not sure why you would weigh yourself down with heavy stuff when you are carrying just one backpack. Or if it's around the world, just buy disposable stuff on your trip.
Also got an Ion in today, very nice and oxblood is a rich colorpost #4813 of 53103/21/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
The knits are so utilitarian I designate one or two as beater wear and save the rest to baby. I couldn't think of a better knit to bring for your euro backpacking.post #4814 of 53103/21/14 at 6:17pmClick here's backpacking prep spills over to other threads
Agreed with stevent, its a very nice comfy knit but a heavyweight one too. You have ONE pack on your back with you for a whole year. Do you want to look good in the pictures or do you want to have easier travel?
Don't forget you can also wear multiple clothing you have when it gets cold.
Honestly I would just pack whatever can be easily packed, doesn't catch odor easily. Think Icebreaker and outlier.post #4815 of 53103/21/14 at 7:00pm
What does one do for a whole year backpacking in Europe? Isn't that like going on vacation for a whole year, something hippies do? No hate just can't get my head wrapped around a whole year "backpacking". I spent a year in Europe too but I was a student at the time and living with a host family for cultural immersion.
- SNS Herning- fits?
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Loafers with a suit? 11 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 39 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...