or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SNS Herning- fits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SNS Herning- fits? - Page 313

post #4681 of 4982
Sale at Roden Gray, including SNS Herning. Mainly size L, but some of you will find great pricing:
http://rodengray.com/collections/sale?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=textlink&utm_term=43737&utm_content=2-121254&utm_campaign=f13&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=genericlink&utm_term=43737&utm_content=2-121254&utm_campaign=f13

Edit: Remember pricing is in Canadian dollars, so for Americans on the board the US price is about 90% of the price listed.
post #4682 of 4982

Next planned purchase:

 

1008104_full.jpg 

 

Babel cardigan

post #4683 of 4982
^ that looks great. im eyeing the emergent in either colorway

ion today in L. wore the old fit stark in xl and didnt realize how much i like the longer fit for colder days

post #4684 of 4982

Couple of things:

 

First, I want to echo the very slim fit with the new stark. I am 6' 1'' and a very skinny 155lbs, and I have an old navy stark that is 4 years old in medium that I have plenty of room in, yet it still looks good. I just bought a new navy mix stark in medium, and I thought I'd bought a small by mistake. I looked at the tag on the sweater and on the store tag, and it said it was medium, but damn was it tight! I mean, it was long enough everywhere, but I was getting a good squeeze from it - it was like skinny jeans for sweaters!

 

I've been on the fence as to whether to keep it or not because of that. I guess it will relax a bit with wear. So, it you're anywhere near my height and weight, I'd say at least a medium in the new stark depending on how you like to wear your sweaters, but possibly a large. If you're more muscular and thicker, you're probably looking at XL.

 

Secondly, my beloved old stark is kind of getting hole-y (holy?) and falling apart a bit -- I live in a major city (San Francisco), so do I just bring it to a good tailor for repair?? Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

post #4685 of 4982
Old Stark is best Stark. I wish they would bring back the longer length, it's critical for colder weather.
post #4686 of 4982

Sounds like you guys just need to size up, I'm 6'2", size 40, and my XL is plenty long.

post #4687 of 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Couple of things:

First, I want to echo the very slim fit with the new stark. I am 6' 1'' and a very skinny 155lbs, and I have an old navy stark that is 4 years old in medium that I have plenty of room in, yet it still looks good. I just bought a new navy mix stark in medium, and I thought I'd bought a small by mistake. I looked at the tag on the sweater and on the store tag, and it said it was medium, but damn was it tight! I mean, it was long enough everywhere, but I was getting a good squeeze from it - it was like skinny jeans for sweaters!

I've been on the fence as to whether to keep it or not because of that. I guess it will relax a bit with wear. So, it you're anywhere near my height and weight, I'd say at least a medium in the new stark depending on how you like to wear your sweaters, but possibly a large. If you're more muscular and thicker, you're probably looking at XL.

Secondly, my beloved old stark is kind of getting hole-y (holy?) and falling apart a bit -- I live in a major city (San Francisco), so do I just bring it to a good tailor for repair?? Ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I just got a second-hand Stark in the old fit that had a hole in the sleeve, I sent it to Reweavers USA and it's being fixed now. I'll report back here once it's finished.
post #4688 of 4982
SF'er @NOBD posted a before and after of a repair on his old stark. Job well done, can't recall if he did himself
post #4689 of 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

SF'er @NOBD posted a before and after of a repair on his old stark. Job well done, can't recall if he did himself

I believe his wife did it for him.
post #4690 of 4982
Was it his wife or his longtime gf? Lmao I don't know why I even suspect that but NOBD is a sophisticated man with good taste, she is remarkable no doubt. Where to find woman like this?
post #4691 of 4982

Took a gamble on this Ideal hoodie from Gravity Pope tonight.

 

3457_0_1_1024.jpg

 

3457_0_2_1024.jpg 

 

40% off + another 30% once you put it in your cart...about 110 usd before shipping. Only size L left.

 

http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/product/3457-sns-herning-240-3420m-

 

Just hope I don't end up looking like this dude from Frans Boone:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_551463.jpg

Edited by ChetB - 2/10/14 at 12:29am
post #4692 of 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Was it his wife or his longtime gf? Lmao I don't know why I even suspect that but NOBD is a sophisticated man with good taste, she is remarkable no doubt. Where to find woman like this?

: ) 26 years not married with the same gf, NAMOR. Yes, she did the repair.
post #4693 of 4982
->


w6EZBKM.jpg

LZiJGCN.jpg
post #4694 of 4982
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

Took a gamble on this Ideal hoodie from Gravity Pope tonight.

3457_0_1_1024.jpg

3457_0_2_1024.jpg 

40% off + another 30% once you put it in your cart...about 110 usd before shipping. Only size L left.

http://www.gravitypope.com/clothing/product/3457-sns-herning-240-3420m-

Just hope I don't end up looking like this dude from Frans Boone:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_551463.jpg

I think that will look solid. I have that Naval hoodie in ocean blue mix (no stripes) and it's awesome. I got a Large, which I'd guess is right for you (we are about the same height/weight).


That Frans Boone guy needs to stand up straight. And do maybe run a little.
post #4695 of 4982
I have the above indeal hoodie in grey, good for the summer nights
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SNS Herning- fits?