Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 292post #4366 of 531512/28/13 at 7:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4367 of 531512/28/13 at 7:29pmpost #4368 of 531512/28/13 at 8:00pmpost #4369 of 531512/28/13 at 8:10pmpost #4370 of 531512/28/13 at 8:51pmpost #4371 of 531512/28/13 at 9:28pm
ill let you know once it arrives in California from UKQuote:
UK site had much more inventory at the 50% point than did US. i agree great sale and DDPpost #4372 of 531512/28/13 at 9:54pmpost #4373 of 531512/28/13 at 10:01pmpost #4374 of 531512/28/13 at 10:09pmpost #4375 of 531512/29/13 at 12:19ampost #4376 of 531512/29/13 at 6:27ampost #4377 of 531512/29/13 at 6:54am
Picked up the fisherman striped waffled knit and the torso waffle knit from Porter. Don't own any of this stuff but i'm looking forward to getting it. Measurements on the torso waffle knit look pretty weird...very slim fitting - nice colour though. I wish the fisherman was that beautiful green i've seen (slept on that version in the Nitty Gritty sale), i've got enough grey knits so unless this is really jaw dropping i'll probably back it.post #4378 of 531512/29/13 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by dotcomzzz
somewhere around here i think
edit there was also something about how sizing up was a bad idea on account of the shoulder dimensions maybe fok can clarify
The Ion cardigan is really stretchy, and also has wide, and because of the ribbing construction, slightly "build up" shoulders. If you size up, unless you have wide shoulders, the shoulders could have a "shoulderpad" effect
My sizing advice is useful because although I like my clothes to fit a particular way, I don't hew to any specific philosophy on how clothing should fit, other than to say "from lookbooks, talking to designers, etc... this is my impression of how the designer wanted it to fit."post #4379 of 531512/30/13 at 6:04ampost #4380 of 531512/30/13 at 7:24amFang is awesome. It's one of my go to pieces because it's so easy to wear and is really warm, yet easy to unzip when you get hot. It is slightly scratchy but not on the neck. It isn't too much of a problem and it's not as bad as a stark. It fits TTS, although the sleeves are pretty long for someone with shortish arms like me. They cuff easily, although I don't love that look, but I doubt anyone ever notices. Usually I just let the sleeves hang long. The cut is slim and has almost an athletic look when it's zipped up, like a warm up suit.
The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's not easy to layer because of the zipper. A buttoned cardigan like the stark just looks better under a coat. I don't like layering a coat over a zippered sweater. It just looks wrong to me (ESPECIALLY if the coat has a zipper too.) I feel like the zip up should always be the final layer. With a lot of zipped jackets it's not an issue because you just throw them on when it's a little too cold to go out without one. But the fang is really too heavy to wear unless it's pretty cold, but it's not warm enough to wear when it's REALLY cold because you can't layer anything over or under it (the arms are pretty slim so I usually just wear it over a tee.) So it kind of has to be the perfect temperature to wear it. Whenever I grab it, I always find myself going through the thought process of "am I going to be comfortable where I am wearing this." If I get hot and want to take it off, then I'll only have a tee on. So basically I wear it in cold, but not freezing weather when I am going to be outside a good amount of the time. So it's kind of limiting in that respect. And yet, I end up wearing it all the time because I live in a city (Lisbon) where it is that kind of climate (cold but not freezing) a good part of the year, and lots of things worth doing are outdoors.
- SNS Herning- fits?
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.