Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 292
Styleforum Top Picks
ill let you know once it arrives in California from UK
UK site had much more inventory at the 50% point than did US. i agree great sale and DDP
Picked up the fisherman striped waffled knit and the torso waffle knit from Porter. Don't own any of this stuff but i'm looking forward to getting it. Measurements on the torso waffle knit look pretty weird...very slim fitting - nice colour though. I wish the fisherman was that beautiful green i've seen (slept on that version in the Nitty Gritty sale), i've got enough grey knits so unless this is really jaw dropping i'll probably back it.
somewhere around here i think
edit there was also something about how sizing up was a bad idea on account of the shoulder dimensions maybe fok can clarify
The Ion cardigan is really stretchy, and also has wide, and because of the ribbing construction, slightly "build up" shoulders. If you size up, unless you have wide shoulders, the shoulders could have a "shoulderpad" effect
My sizing advice is useful because although I like my clothes to fit a particular way, I don't hew to any specific philosophy on how clothing should fit, other than to say "from lookbooks, talking to designers, etc... this is my impression of how the designer wanted it to fit."
The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's not easy to layer because of the zipper. A buttoned cardigan like the stark just looks better under a coat. I don't like layering a coat over a zippered sweater. It just looks wrong to me (ESPECIALLY if the coat has a zipper too.) I feel like the zip up should always be the final layer. With a lot of zipped jackets it's not an issue because you just throw them on when it's a little too cold to go out without one. But the fang is really too heavy to wear unless it's pretty cold, but it's not warm enough to wear when it's REALLY cold because you can't layer anything over or under it (the arms are pretty slim so I usually just wear it over a tee.) So it kind of has to be the perfect temperature to wear it. Whenever I grab it, I always find myself going through the thought process of "am I going to be comfortable where I am wearing this." If I get hot and want to take it off, then I'll only have a tee on. So basically I wear it in cold, but not freezing weather when I am going to be outside a good amount of the time. So it's kind of limiting in that respect. And yet, I end up wearing it all the time because I live in a city (Lisbon) where it is that kind of climate (cold but not freezing) a good part of the year, and lots of things worth doing are outdoors.
- SNS Herning- fits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Suitsupply NYC 20 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers Challenge VOTING Thread - Ends 4/4/2015 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...