Mine is a medium. Unless you have really wide shoulders, I wouldn't recommend that you size um, since the Ion has defined shoulders at the seam, unlike their other cardigans.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 241post #3601 of 531010/11/13 at 9:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3602 of 531010/11/13 at 10:48ampost #3603 of 531010/11/13 at 10:53am
Me too. Pretty much dead on, +/- .25" depending on any number of factors. The medium is probably the right size for you. It is really not tight at all. When I sit down, there is considerable loose material in the front (the arms are "semi-fitted",but I'd be comfortable layering a shirt underneath. If you want something that would work oversized, probably go with the Memento, but the overstitch at the shoulder of the Ion would make it look a bit awkward if you oversized that.post #3604 of 531010/11/13 at 10:56ampost #3605 of 531010/11/13 at 11:46am
I think that measurements of knits are often not very useful, since they are elastic and drape. and the "fit" depends critically on the knit pattern, A lightweight stockinette or garter stitched garment with a P2P of 20" is very different from a heavy, bubble knit with the same, is going to be different from a stretchy ribbed stitch knit.post #3606 of 531010/11/13 at 12:11pmpost #3607 of 531010/11/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
I suppose so. I just know that I'm about your size, and a large would be huge on the shoulders and the arms would be really long - and I have pretty long arms for my height. As it is, the shoulders hit just right.post #3608 of 531010/11/13 at 7:21pmpost #3609 of 531010/11/13 at 7:48pmpost #3610 of 531010/12/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Either a small or a medium, depending on how you like it to fit. For reference, I am 5'11" and 175 (well, 178, but whatever) lbs, and have an exact 40" chest, but my frame is really more like that of a larger 38. A medium fits me "regular", and is slightly long in the arms (and I have a big wingspan for my height). A medium, given your preference in other things, is going to be pretty drapey on you. A small will be more fitted. I am a solid medium in the Ervell pocket sweater. Much smaller, and it would be anatomical, even a bit obscene. fwiw, S.N.S Herning knits do have a fair bit of stretch in them.
Wow thanks a lot... that was super helpful. I'm gonna go with the small and hopefully I'll have time to decide before the place sells out of the medium.post #3611 of 531010/12/13 at 7:35am
This is what I got as measurements for the size Large Ion cardigan
Length: 26" (from bottom of collar)
Arms: 37" (center of collar to shoulder seam plus the length from the shoulder seem to the end of the sleeve)
These were taken with the sweater laying flat
Overall fit assessment: Fits well in the front chest, a little baggy around my waist, a little baggy on the back waist area, a little too big in the shoulders, sleeves are too long
For reference: I'm similarly sized with LA Guy, 5' 11" 185 lbs, semi-athletic build, shirt size is usually 16" collar, 19" shoulders, 22-23" chest with 35" sleeves.post #3612 of 531010/12/13 at 3:01pmpost #3613 of 531010/13/13 at 12:06ampost #3614 of 531010/13/13 at 7:55pmpost #3615 of 531010/13/13 at 8:20pm
You can get one via FarFetch: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-sns-herning-textured-wool-cardigan-item-10512365.aspx?storeid=9081
Just one XL left.
- SNS Herning- fits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...