Mine is a medium. Unless you have really wide shoulders, I wouldn't recommend that you size um, since the Ion has defined shoulders at the seam, unlike their other cardigans.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 241
Styleforum Top Picks
Me too. Pretty much dead on, +/- .25" depending on any number of factors. The medium is probably the right size for you. It is really not tight at all. When I sit down, there is considerable loose material in the front (the arms are "semi-fitted",but I'd be comfortable layering a shirt underneath. If you want something that would work oversized, probably go with the Memento, but the overstitch at the shoulder of the Ion would make it look a bit awkward if you oversized that.
I think that measurements of knits are often not very useful, since they are elastic and drape. and the "fit" depends critically on the knit pattern, A lightweight stockinette or garter stitched garment with a P2P of 20" is very different from a heavy, bubble knit with the same, is going to be different from a stretchy ribbed stitch knit.
I suppose so. I just know that I'm about your size, and a large would be huge on the shoulders and the arms would be really long - and I have pretty long arms for my height. As it is, the shoulders hit just right.
Either a small or a medium, depending on how you like it to fit. For reference, I am 5'11" and 175 (well, 178, but whatever) lbs, and have an exact 40" chest, but my frame is really more like that of a larger 38. A medium fits me "regular", and is slightly long in the arms (and I have a big wingspan for my height). A medium, given your preference in other things, is going to be pretty drapey on you. A small will be more fitted. I am a solid medium in the Ervell pocket sweater. Much smaller, and it would be anatomical, even a bit obscene. fwiw, S.N.S Herning knits do have a fair bit of stretch in them.
Wow thanks a lot... that was super helpful. I'm gonna go with the small and hopefully I'll have time to decide before the place sells out of the medium.
This is what I got as measurements for the size Large Ion cardigan
Length: 26" (from bottom of collar)
Arms: 37" (center of collar to shoulder seam plus the length from the shoulder seem to the end of the sleeve)
These were taken with the sweater laying flat
Overall fit assessment: Fits well in the front chest, a little baggy around my waist, a little baggy on the back waist area, a little too big in the shoulders, sleeves are too long
For reference: I'm similarly sized with LA Guy, 5' 11" 185 lbs, semi-athletic build, shirt size is usually 16" collar, 19" shoulders, 22-23" chest with 35" sleeves.
You can get one via FarFetch: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-sns-herning-textured-wool-cardigan-item-10512365.aspx?storeid=9081
Just one XL left.
- SNS Herning- fits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth