Mine is a medium. Unless you have really wide shoulders, I wouldn't recommend that you size um, since the Ion has defined shoulders at the seam, unlike their other cardigans.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [OFFERS] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 8/31/14 at 9:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 15% OFF!!!!! MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! -... Last post on Today at 6:54 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
- J Crew Shawl Collar Sweatshirt - XS Last post on 11/5/12 at 1:06pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 241
Styleforum Top Picks
Me too. Pretty much dead on, +/- .25" depending on any number of factors. The medium is probably the right size for you. It is really not tight at all. When I sit down, there is considerable loose material in the front (the arms are "semi-fitted",but I'd be comfortable layering a shirt underneath. If you want something that would work oversized, probably go with the Memento, but the overstitch at the shoulder of the Ion would make it look a bit awkward if you oversized that.
I think that measurements of knits are often not very useful, since they are elastic and drape. and the "fit" depends critically on the knit pattern, A lightweight stockinette or garter stitched garment with a P2P of 20" is very different from a heavy, bubble knit with the same, is going to be different from a stretchy ribbed stitch knit.
I suppose so. I just know that I'm about your size, and a large would be huge on the shoulders and the arms would be really long - and I have pretty long arms for my height. As it is, the shoulders hit just right.
Either a small or a medium, depending on how you like it to fit. For reference, I am 5'11" and 175 (well, 178, but whatever) lbs, and have an exact 40" chest, but my frame is really more like that of a larger 38. A medium fits me "regular", and is slightly long in the arms (and I have a big wingspan for my height). A medium, given your preference in other things, is going to be pretty drapey on you. A small will be more fitted. I am a solid medium in the Ervell pocket sweater. Much smaller, and it would be anatomical, even a bit obscene. fwiw, S.N.S Herning knits do have a fair bit of stretch in them.
Wow thanks a lot... that was super helpful. I'm gonna go with the small and hopefully I'll have time to decide before the place sells out of the medium.
This is what I got as measurements for the size Large Ion cardigan
Length: 26" (from bottom of collar)
Arms: 37" (center of collar to shoulder seam plus the length from the shoulder seem to the end of the sleeve)
These were taken with the sweater laying flat
Overall fit assessment: Fits well in the front chest, a little baggy around my waist, a little baggy on the back waist area, a little too big in the shoulders, sleeves are too long
For reference: I'm similarly sized with LA Guy, 5' 11" 185 lbs, semi-athletic build, shirt size is usually 16" collar, 19" shoulders, 22-23" chest with 35" sleeves.
You can get one via FarFetch: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-sns-herning-textured-wool-cardigan-item-10512365.aspx?storeid=9081
Just one XL left.
- SNS Herning- fits?
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 56 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 59 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › NIB - Edward Green for RLPL "Stern" 11D. Drop 12-5 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...