Mine is a medium. Unless you have really wide shoulders, I wouldn't recommend that you size um, since the Ion has defined shoulders at the seam, unlike their other cardigans.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 241
Styleforum Top Picks
Me too. Pretty much dead on, +/- .25" depending on any number of factors. The medium is probably the right size for you. It is really not tight at all. When I sit down, there is considerable loose material in the front (the arms are "semi-fitted",but I'd be comfortable layering a shirt underneath. If you want something that would work oversized, probably go with the Memento, but the overstitch at the shoulder of the Ion would make it look a bit awkward if you oversized that.
I think that measurements of knits are often not very useful, since they are elastic and drape. and the "fit" depends critically on the knit pattern, A lightweight stockinette or garter stitched garment with a P2P of 20" is very different from a heavy, bubble knit with the same, is going to be different from a stretchy ribbed stitch knit.
I suppose so. I just know that I'm about your size, and a large would be huge on the shoulders and the arms would be really long - and I have pretty long arms for my height. As it is, the shoulders hit just right.
Either a small or a medium, depending on how you like it to fit. For reference, I am 5'11" and 175 (well, 178, but whatever) lbs, and have an exact 40" chest, but my frame is really more like that of a larger 38. A medium fits me "regular", and is slightly long in the arms (and I have a big wingspan for my height). A medium, given your preference in other things, is going to be pretty drapey on you. A small will be more fitted. I am a solid medium in the Ervell pocket sweater. Much smaller, and it would be anatomical, even a bit obscene. fwiw, S.N.S Herning knits do have a fair bit of stretch in them.
Wow thanks a lot... that was super helpful. I'm gonna go with the small and hopefully I'll have time to decide before the place sells out of the medium.
This is what I got as measurements for the size Large Ion cardigan
Length: 26" (from bottom of collar)
Arms: 37" (center of collar to shoulder seam plus the length from the shoulder seem to the end of the sleeve)
These were taken with the sweater laying flat
Overall fit assessment: Fits well in the front chest, a little baggy around my waist, a little baggy on the back waist area, a little too big in the shoulders, sleeves are too long
For reference: I'm similarly sized with LA Guy, 5' 11" 185 lbs, semi-athletic build, shirt size is usually 16" collar, 19" shoulders, 22-23" chest with 35" sleeves.
You can get one via FarFetch: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/designer-sns-herning-textured-wool-cardigan-item-10512365.aspx?storeid=9081
Just one XL left.
- SNS Herning- fits?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 34 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 65 TIE MEGATHREAD! NOS ties from Finney Wood's store, NOS Countess... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...