or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SNS Herning- fits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SNS Herning- fits? - Page 207

post #3091 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

We have a visiting graduate student from Denmark, and he was wearing a SNS the other day. He told me SNS is quite popular in Denmark, but he was surprised that there was a following abroad. He is a big boy (read in shape, not fat), and this sweater was extremely fitted on him, almost cropped. All the talk about how the sweaters are supposed to be intended to be super long seems rather silly now...
tell him this fellow sf member said thanks. it makes me feel great about my stark now
post #3092 of 4921
I'm 6'2" and my medium stark falls 75% of the way down my crotch. I would have to be 6'9" for mine to fit me the way you describe.
post #3093 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

We have a visiting graduate student from Denmark, and he was wearing a SNS the other day. He told me SNS is quite popular in Denmark, but he was surprised that there was a following abroad. He is a big boy (read in shape, not fat), and this sweater was extremely fitted on him, almost cropped. All the talk about how the sweaters are supposed to be intended to be super long seems rather silly now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

ya bc this random du wears it like that

I actually asked Soren specifically about this, and he did mean for the sweater to be shorter. He didn't expect that there would be this much furor over it, though.

Fwiw, I have one stark (Sea blue) that fits just about half way covering my butt, a melange black one that is fairly slouchy and really heavy and goes most of the way down, and a military green one that hits just under the beltline (which I'm wearing now). I like them all (the green one is really growing on me, I like this earth tone,) and they all have pretty dramatically different silhouettes.
post #3094 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

People should wear it however they want to
+1
post #3095 of 4921
The new cut is much more reasonable, especially for shorter people who aren't rail thin.
post #3096 of 4921
at what point did SNS begin making their knits outside of denmark?
post #3097 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


I actually asked Soren specifically about this, and he did mean for the sweater to be shorter. He didn't expect that there would be this much furor over it, though.


Interesting. Do you know if he changed the fit because he feels they should fit shorter or was it in order to appeal to a wider customer base?
post #3098 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

The new cut is much more reasonable, especially for shorter people who aren't rail thin.

So for unfashionable body types? Cool marketing decision. Fucking shit that SNS is now built for midgets.
post #3099 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexonfabric View Post

So for unfashionable body types? Cool marketing decision. Fucking shit that SNS is now built for midgets.

When will life ever be fair to the tall and thin people!?? When 5'-10" guys of average body weight are too short to wear your clothes, it's probably not a bad marketing decision to change things.
post #3100 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post


When will life ever be fair to the tall and thin people!?? When 5'-10" guys of average body weight are too short to wear your clothes, it's probably not a bad marketing decision to change things.

 

I can never find t-shirts/long sleeves that are long + fit in the XS-S range :(

post #3101 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

at what point did SNS begin making their knits outside of denmark?
wait they make knits outside of Denmark now?eh.gif
post #3102 of 4921
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

wait they make knits outside of Denmark now?eh.gif

As far as I know all knitting is done in Herning or Esbjerg in Denmark and they are sewn together in Lithuania or Latvia.
post #3103 of 4921
If you lift any weights and aren't Viking sized, you gonna have a bad time with old SNS.
post #3104 of 4921

I really dig the new fit.  Could never wear the old one.  I imagine people from Denmark are, on average, much taller than me.  

post #3105 of 4921
I'm 176cm and I'm short, I think the average Scandinavian male is over 180cm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SNS Herning- fits?