Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 193
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2882 of 53101/10/13 at 1:39pmpost #2883 of 53101/10/13 at 1:53pm
I have a fisherman full zip in size L, too and I wear M in J.Crew etc, and i wear L in slim fitting brands. I'm 6'3" 175.
I don't know what my Fisherman measures, but the p2p measurement is not the full story of these knits. It's pretty important, but it doesn't account for how much taper happens to the waist, or the stretch of the fabric, or, or...not to mention the subtle variation from piece to piece or season to season (not talking about major changes).
You can't just look at one measurement and decide if it will work or not.post #2884 of 53101/10/13 at 1:56pmpost #2885 of 53101/10/13 at 3:53pmpost #2886 of 53101/11/13 at 9:27pmpost #2887 of 53101/11/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
that looks good on you, a little big, but it sounds like you want a relaxed fit.
regardless, I love the way the paragon knit looks like some kind of comfy armor, but hate how every pic I've seen shows those loose seams.post #2888 of 53101/11/13 at 9:45pmpost #2889 of 53101/11/13 at 9:45pmpost #2890 of 53101/12/13 at 4:51am
what about this?
I don't understand if it is short or it is just wrong the size.. they say it's a medium size, but I think it's a small size...post #2891 of 53101/12/13 at 10:07ampost #2892 of 53101/12/13 at 11:19am
So I just got my Paragon knit cardigan from Triads in Large, this one:
I was originally planning to buy an Army Green Mix Stark and this and then pick one or other to return. But then, after I bought the Paragon and it shipped, I almost immediately began regretting my purchase because I thought the patterning, though awesome, was too bold for the casual style I was planning to wear it with. Now that it's actually here, however, I like it alot. First thing I noticed right off the bat is that the fit is much looser than the Stark's -- I'm thinking what this forum calls the "old style". Secondly, the intricacy and boldness of the knit is not that apparent in low light, and only really pops when I tested it under harsh incandescent -- upon which it looks like cool but definitely not casual body armor.
The problem for me is that I think keeping it might be a tad impractical. I live in an area of the South which doesn't get that much cold weather, and probably would only have use of the Stark and/or Paragon for cold nights/lecture halls/movie theatres. It's a beautiful piece, but I'm unsure it will get much use. I've definitely moved from 90/10 no-keep/keep to like 35/65 now though...post #2893 of 53101/12/13 at 11:21am
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?post #2894 of 53101/12/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by sontroy
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?
If you are asking me, I am 6' 2'' - 6' 3'', 190. I usually wear a Medium in non-slim fit shirts, and Large in slim fit ones, corresponding to a 40 inch chest. Large in the Paragon *cardigan* -- not the shawl pullover, which I don't have -- is a great fit off the bat. I think the little seams that connect the bars -- and which also expose the underlying area of cloth/skin, wouldn't wear this knit with a v-neck -- give it quite a bit of stretchiness that the Stark doesn't have, for a very relaxed fit that melds to the body easier. I'm wearing it right now at 77 degrees indoors and I'm comfortable as hell.
Edited by InHocSignio - 1/12/13 at 6:26pm
- SNS Herning- fits?
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › Cigars 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...