Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SNS Herning FW16 preorder thread - Styleforum official preorders Last post on 4/1/16 at 7:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 193post #2882 of 53211/10/13 at 1:39pmpost #2883 of 53211/10/13 at 1:53pm
I have a fisherman full zip in size L, too and I wear M in J.Crew etc, and i wear L in slim fitting brands. I'm 6'3" 175.
I don't know what my Fisherman measures, but the p2p measurement is not the full story of these knits. It's pretty important, but it doesn't account for how much taper happens to the waist, or the stretch of the fabric, or, or...not to mention the subtle variation from piece to piece or season to season (not talking about major changes).
You can't just look at one measurement and decide if it will work or not.post #2884 of 53211/10/13 at 1:56pmpost #2885 of 53211/10/13 at 3:53pmpost #2886 of 53211/11/13 at 9:27pmpost #2887 of 53211/11/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
that looks good on you, a little big, but it sounds like you want a relaxed fit.
regardless, I love the way the paragon knit looks like some kind of comfy armor, but hate how every pic I've seen shows those loose seams.post #2888 of 53211/11/13 at 9:45pmpost #2889 of 53211/11/13 at 9:45pmpost #2890 of 53211/12/13 at 4:51am
what about this?
I don't understand if it is short or it is just wrong the size.. they say it's a medium size, but I think it's a small size...post #2891 of 53211/12/13 at 10:07ampost #2892 of 53211/12/13 at 11:19am
So I just got my Paragon knit cardigan from Triads in Large, this one:
I was originally planning to buy an Army Green Mix Stark and this and then pick one or other to return. But then, after I bought the Paragon and it shipped, I almost immediately began regretting my purchase because I thought the patterning, though awesome, was too bold for the casual style I was planning to wear it with. Now that it's actually here, however, I like it alot. First thing I noticed right off the bat is that the fit is much looser than the Stark's -- I'm thinking what this forum calls the "old style". Secondly, the intricacy and boldness of the knit is not that apparent in low light, and only really pops when I tested it under harsh incandescent -- upon which it looks like cool but definitely not casual body armor.
The problem for me is that I think keeping it might be a tad impractical. I live in an area of the South which doesn't get that much cold weather, and probably would only have use of the Stark and/or Paragon for cold nights/lecture halls/movie theatres. It's a beautiful piece, but I'm unsure it will get much use. I've definitely moved from 90/10 no-keep/keep to like 35/65 now though...post #2893 of 53211/12/13 at 11:21am
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?post #2894 of 53211/12/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by sontroy
I'm also looking for the paragon SNS Herning knit in Black Melange. I wear Medium in most SNS, but it is only possible to trace the paragon knit in a large. So if you say that you nomarlly wear medium, but in SNS large, then I maybe one to buy a large too. Can I ask how tall you are? And how much do you weight?
If you are asking me, I am 6' 2'' - 6' 3'', 190. I usually wear a Medium in non-slim fit shirts, and Large in slim fit ones, corresponding to a 40 inch chest. Large in the Paragon *cardigan* -- not the shawl pullover, which I don't have -- is a great fit off the bat. I think the little seams that connect the bars -- and which also expose the underlying area of cloth/skin, wouldn't wear this knit with a v-neck -- give it quite a bit of stretchiness that the Stark doesn't have, for a very relaxed fit that melds to the body easier. I'm wearing it right now at 77 degrees indoors and I'm comfortable as hell.
Edited by InHocSignio - 1/12/13 at 6:26pmpost #2895 of 53211/13/13 at 1:51pm
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 4 minutes ago
- › Brexit 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding