Pretty sure black melange sizing did not change
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SNS Herning FW16 preorder thread - Styleforum official preorders Last post on 4/1/16 at 7:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 168post #2506 of 532111/25/12 at 12:35pmpost #2507 of 532111/25/12 at 1:00pmpost #2508 of 532111/25/12 at 1:02pmpost #2509 of 532111/25/12 at 1:38pmpost #2510 of 532111/25/12 at 3:26pmpost #2511 of 532111/25/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
That is the Portal Jacket
Dessin no. 867
From Summer 2012 Collectionpost #2512 of 532111/26/12 at 3:02ampost #2513 of 532111/27/12 at 6:35am
I'm 5'10'', 215lbs, and a size 46 inch chest and have been wondering which size of the SNS Stark Cardigan would work for me. Looks like there's a regular cut version out there although I really like the Concrete mix because of the way it shows the waffle pattern. I hope to loose some weight in the next year, so perhaps my chest may go down to 43-44. What would you guys recommend?post #2514 of 532111/27/12 at 6:38ampost #2515 of 532111/27/12 at 7:33ampost #2516 of 532111/27/12 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by roblumba
I'm 5'10'', 215lbs, and a size 46 inch chest and have been wondering which size of the SNS Stark Cardigan would work for me. Looks like there's a regular cut version out there although I really like the Concrete mix because of the way it shows the waffle pattern. I hope to loose some weight in the next year, so perhaps my chest may go down to 43-44. What would you guys recommend?
I'm a few inches taller, but I'm a size 46 jacket as well and find my XL Stark fits me well. Catching up on this thread it seems that the new starks (newer colors, such as concrete, I think) are sized smaller than the older colors, like the Black Stark that I own.
See if you can get measurements on whichever one you're after and compare it to whats in your closet.
I can tell you that because the Stark has a looser weave it does stretch and while mine was snug in the shoulders initially it now fits well.post #2517 of 532111/27/12 at 8:33amQuote:
I do have a muscular and strong build and some people say it's all muscle, I say it's fat surrounding muscle and I need to loose some lbs. I regularly weight lift and swim. At my best, I look like a full build powerlifter, but when I slack off at the gym, things start to head a little south.
We live in San Jose and I tried on the Stark XL in Concrete at Union Made Good in San Francisco. But our timing was bad because we only had 15 minutes in the store before closing and so I was trying on a bunch of different things and only looked at the Stark for maybe 2 minutes. The guys in the store said it looks really good, but I thought it was too tight. My wife seems to like it to. I seem to be more sensitive to thinking I'm fat in something while others think I look fine.
I noticed they have a fuller cut in the black version. Is that one for real, or some sort of mistake?
I emailed Mr. Porter and they also said the Stark isn't for me. But I like the thing so much I'm ready to loose weight to get into one. :)
Do you guys have any other sweater recommendations? Are the Inis Meain of similar quality, but with more regular cuts?
I don't appreciate insults and harsh comments, but I do appreciate candor and truthfulness. KingJulien, I take your comments in the later category with good will.
Thanks so much!
-Robpost #2518 of 532111/27/12 at 9:08amRob,
I'd say that the Stark would require you to lose a considerably amount of weight from your upper body. The problem is that you have a really big chest, but it's disproportionate with your height. I am 5'11" and 175 lbs with a 40" chest, and the medium from other years fits me right in torso, and fits like a jacket. I think that the new sizing, which is shorter, is really probably better for you, since you'll probably need an XL at least, and even that would be fitted on you. Sorry, I'm not sure that this is going to be a good fit for you... Maybe if you dropped down to a 43-44" chest, an XL might work for you.post #2519 of 532111/27/12 at 12:31pmpost #2520 of 532111/27/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I posted this Fisherman T neck earlier in the thread. Would expect the zip and the T neck to be similar.Quote:This is a Fisherman in L, navy, overexposed to show knit. I think the T necks fit wider in the shoulder and upper arm than the cardigans, at least the Starks. If I were doing it over again I would get the XL for slouch, but the close fit works too. I'm 6'5", 210, ~42" chest.
This is going up for sale whenever I can get around for it, btw.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Naked & Famous Skinny Guy Left Hand Raw Denim NWOT Size 30 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 24 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 27 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts