Pretty sure black melange sizing did not change
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Rick Owens dark dust long mollino 100% merino's wool cardigan, L, BNWT Last post on 12/11/16 at 4:19pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- SNS Herning FW16 preorder thread - Styleforum official preorders Last post on 11/15/16 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 168post #2506 of 537311/25/12 at 12:35pmpost #2507 of 537311/25/12 at 1:00pmpost #2508 of 537311/25/12 at 1:02pmpost #2509 of 537311/25/12 at 1:38pmpost #2510 of 537311/25/12 at 3:26pmpost #2511 of 537311/25/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
That is the Portal Jacket
Dessin no. 867
From Summer 2012 Collectionpost #2512 of 537311/26/12 at 3:02ampost #2513 of 537311/27/12 at 6:35am
I'm 5'10'', 215lbs, and a size 46 inch chest and have been wondering which size of the SNS Stark Cardigan would work for me. Looks like there's a regular cut version out there although I really like the Concrete mix because of the way it shows the waffle pattern. I hope to loose some weight in the next year, so perhaps my chest may go down to 43-44. What would you guys recommend?post #2514 of 537311/27/12 at 6:38ampost #2515 of 537311/27/12 at 7:33ampost #2516 of 537311/27/12 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by roblumba
I'm 5'10'', 215lbs, and a size 46 inch chest and have been wondering which size of the SNS Stark Cardigan would work for me. Looks like there's a regular cut version out there although I really like the Concrete mix because of the way it shows the waffle pattern. I hope to loose some weight in the next year, so perhaps my chest may go down to 43-44. What would you guys recommend?
I'm a few inches taller, but I'm a size 46 jacket as well and find my XL Stark fits me well. Catching up on this thread it seems that the new starks (newer colors, such as concrete, I think) are sized smaller than the older colors, like the Black Stark that I own.
See if you can get measurements on whichever one you're after and compare it to whats in your closet.
I can tell you that because the Stark has a looser weave it does stretch and while mine was snug in the shoulders initially it now fits well.post #2517 of 537311/27/12 at 8:33amQuote:
I do have a muscular and strong build and some people say it's all muscle, I say it's fat surrounding muscle and I need to loose some lbs. I regularly weight lift and swim. At my best, I look like a full build powerlifter, but when I slack off at the gym, things start to head a little south.
We live in San Jose and I tried on the Stark XL in Concrete at Union Made Good in San Francisco. But our timing was bad because we only had 15 minutes in the store before closing and so I was trying on a bunch of different things and only looked at the Stark for maybe 2 minutes. The guys in the store said it looks really good, but I thought it was too tight. My wife seems to like it to. I seem to be more sensitive to thinking I'm fat in something while others think I look fine.
I noticed they have a fuller cut in the black version. Is that one for real, or some sort of mistake?
I emailed Mr. Porter and they also said the Stark isn't for me. But I like the thing so much I'm ready to loose weight to get into one. :)
Do you guys have any other sweater recommendations? Are the Inis Meain of similar quality, but with more regular cuts?
I don't appreciate insults and harsh comments, but I do appreciate candor and truthfulness. KingJulien, I take your comments in the later category with good will.
Thanks so much!
-Robpost #2518 of 537311/27/12 at 9:08amRob,
I'd say that the Stark would require you to lose a considerably amount of weight from your upper body. The problem is that you have a really big chest, but it's disproportionate with your height. I am 5'11" and 175 lbs with a 40" chest, and the medium from other years fits me right in torso, and fits like a jacket. I think that the new sizing, which is shorter, is really probably better for you, since you'll probably need an XL at least, and even that would be fitted on you. Sorry, I'm not sure that this is going to be a good fit for you... Maybe if you dropped down to a 43-44" chest, an XL might work for you.post #2519 of 537311/27/12 at 12:31pmpost #2520 of 537311/27/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
I posted this Fisherman T neck earlier in the thread. Would expect the zip and the T neck to be similar.Quote:This is a Fisherman in L, navy, overexposed to show knit. I think the T necks fit wider in the shoulder and upper arm than the cardigans, at least the Starks. If I were doing it over again I would get the XL for slouch, but the close fit works too. I'm 6'5", 210, ~42" chest.
This is going up for sale whenever I can get around for it, btw.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 27 seconds ago
- › Where to find casual slim fit 34x33 chinos? 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › G.Abo Napoli inky blue blazer / sport coat eu 54/ us 42 slim 19 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...