Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered 100% wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Cardigans - Hang or Fold? Last post on 11/22/12 at 9:38pm in Classic Menswear
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 114
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 53148/22/12 at 12:45pmpost #1698 of 53148/22/12 at 1:12pmpost #1699 of 53148/23/12 at 12:46amIt's to do with the fibre lengths of the wool. Recycled wool is made by tearing apart other garments and re-spinning them, so the fibres become significantly shorter and you lose a lot of the wooly properties. Most if not all high street stuff offering wool will be using recycled.
Nearly all of SNS Herning's stuff say virgin wool/ pure new wool on the label, but some say merino instead - I don't know if that means they sometimes use recycled wool in the lighter summer pieces, or if they just consider the soft merino characteristics to be more significant.post #1700 of 53148/25/12 at 4:27am
Tried this piece on yesterday at NittyGritty in Stockholm.
The purple melange mix really looks amazing in person. Even has a bit of green (I think) in it. The knit is very thick and warm with great construction, as expected.
I own the Stark in M and on of those really slim knits in L from SNS (which is now too small for me) and I tried on a size L in this piece. I'm 6'3", 175 lbs with a 41 chest and 18.5 shoulders and usually wear a large. The fit is TTS with a dropped shoulder, as seen in the pic. Looked great with just enough space in the body and regular length. I like the look of a dropped shoulder and don't mind my knits to be a bit oversized. If that's not your thing, I would advise you to try this on before purchasing. If I would size it to fit right in the shoulders, it would def be too tight in the chest.post #1701 of 53148/25/12 at 8:48ampost #1702 of 53148/25/12 at 11:06ampost #1703 of 53148/25/12 at 2:43pmThe sleeve length was not out of the ordinary from what I remember. I didn't notice it anyway and as the sleeves are slim and the wool is very thick, they would stack good. Body length was also regular. Overall, the fit was more "balanced" in width and length than many other knits from SNS (if you don't account for the dropped sholders). Pic is very accurate in terms of fit if you buy your regular size.
The tighter sweater mighft have been the Port. It has a bubbly knit texture with a stripe going across the chest and arms (same color). Well yeah, ironically this one time I did cold wash it and it came out a bit tighter. I've grown 2" in my chest since I bought it though and it is pretty damn slim for a size L. Think it measures 20" p-p while it is 27" or so long.post #1704 of 53148/25/12 at 3:06pmpost #1705 of 53148/25/12 at 4:51pmpost #1706 of 53148/25/12 at 7:43pmpost #1707 of 53148/27/12 at 9:30ampost #1708 of 53148/27/12 at 6:50pmpost #1709 of 53148/27/12 at 8:52pmQuote:
I got one by accident that I returned right away (Boylston accidentally sent me a navy ideal hoodie instead of the navy ideal pullover) but I tried it on and its relatively lightweight and fits pretty slim and shorter than I some of the other SNS pieces... the mr porter pics are pretty accurate fit-wise- http://www.mrporter.com/product/185524 Also, it does not have pockets.post #1710 of 53148/28/12 at 6:19am^Funny I just got my package picked up over the weekend from mail box and they sent me the wrong color for the ideal crew neck. Sent me navy blue instead of grey. Will email them to see what they will so. I got the ideal hoodie. I'm a small in other SNS and small fits fine. Yes the Modulo is pretty slim, wearing it now with a tshirt. Hoping some wears will make it a little more relaxed that I can fit a shirt underneath it.
- SNS Herning- fits?
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 4 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?