Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SNS Herning FW16 preorder thread - Styleforum official preorders Last post on 8/31/16 at 10:48am in Streetwear and Denim
- U-NI-TY black handcrafted tapered wool cardigan with pinstripe collar, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Comme Des Garçons Shirt black/grey 'Tired' cropped 100% wool cardigan, L Last post on 1/12/15 at 2:58am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SWEATERS, ETC - Tons of Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! - Updated 1/25 Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Geller Seconds Gray Cardi - Size S Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:14am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
How to Survive the Holidays with Your In-Laws, or Whatever you call...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
SNS Herning- fits? - Page 114post #1697 of 53228/22/12 at 12:45pmpost #1698 of 53228/22/12 at 1:12pmpost #1699 of 53228/23/12 at 12:46amIt's to do with the fibre lengths of the wool. Recycled wool is made by tearing apart other garments and re-spinning them, so the fibres become significantly shorter and you lose a lot of the wooly properties. Most if not all high street stuff offering wool will be using recycled.
Nearly all of SNS Herning's stuff say virgin wool/ pure new wool on the label, but some say merino instead - I don't know if that means they sometimes use recycled wool in the lighter summer pieces, or if they just consider the soft merino characteristics to be more significant.post #1700 of 53228/25/12 at 4:27am
Tried this piece on yesterday at NittyGritty in Stockholm.
The purple melange mix really looks amazing in person. Even has a bit of green (I think) in it. The knit is very thick and warm with great construction, as expected.
I own the Stark in M and on of those really slim knits in L from SNS (which is now too small for me) and I tried on a size L in this piece. I'm 6'3", 175 lbs with a 41 chest and 18.5 shoulders and usually wear a large. The fit is TTS with a dropped shoulder, as seen in the pic. Looked great with just enough space in the body and regular length. I like the look of a dropped shoulder and don't mind my knits to be a bit oversized. If that's not your thing, I would advise you to try this on before purchasing. If I would size it to fit right in the shoulders, it would def be too tight in the chest.post #1701 of 53228/25/12 at 8:48ampost #1702 of 53228/25/12 at 11:06ampost #1703 of 53228/25/12 at 2:43pmThe sleeve length was not out of the ordinary from what I remember. I didn't notice it anyway and as the sleeves are slim and the wool is very thick, they would stack good. Body length was also regular. Overall, the fit was more "balanced" in width and length than many other knits from SNS (if you don't account for the dropped sholders). Pic is very accurate in terms of fit if you buy your regular size.
The tighter sweater mighft have been the Port. It has a bubbly knit texture with a stripe going across the chest and arms (same color). Well yeah, ironically this one time I did cold wash it and it came out a bit tighter. I've grown 2" in my chest since I bought it though and it is pretty damn slim for a size L. Think it measures 20" p-p while it is 27" or so long.post #1704 of 53228/25/12 at 3:06pmpost #1705 of 53228/25/12 at 4:51pmpost #1706 of 53228/25/12 at 7:43pmpost #1707 of 53228/27/12 at 9:30ampost #1708 of 53228/27/12 at 6:50pmpost #1709 of 53228/27/12 at 8:52pmQuote:
I got one by accident that I returned right away (Boylston accidentally sent me a navy ideal hoodie instead of the navy ideal pullover) but I tried it on and its relatively lightweight and fits pretty slim and shorter than I some of the other SNS pieces... the mr porter pics are pretty accurate fit-wise- http://www.mrporter.com/product/185524 Also, it does not have pockets.post #1710 of 53228/28/12 at 6:19am^Funny I just got my package picked up over the weekend from mail box and they sent me the wrong color for the ideal crew neck. Sent me navy blue instead of grey. Will email them to see what they will so. I got the ideal hoodie. I'm a small in other SNS and small fits fine. Yes the Modulo is pretty slim, wearing it now with a tshirt. Hoping some wears will make it a little more relaxed that I can fit a shirt underneath it.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart denim 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 9 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 18 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...