or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Steven Alan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steven Alan - Page 6

post #76 of 88

I purchased two Steven Alan short sleeve shirts at a sample sale yesterday. One was the single needle and the other was the reverse seam. They were $40 apiece, 70% off their normal retail price. I'm usually an "M" shirt size but these ones fit really big so I sized down to "S". I was quite surprised because I'm an "M" 99% of the time (6'1, 170 lbs, 15.5" neck, 40 suit size).

 

The "S" fit me very nicely however. The reverse seam is slimmer and nicely tailored, while the single needle had a softer fabric. Both had really nice patterns and were made in the USA. The tag claims that they are pre-washed, so I hope there isn't too much shrinkage.

 

For $40, I'm quite happy with the price-quality ratio and they will get a lot of service from me as casual shirts.

 

Given the comments from others about sizing, I'd be careful ordering something online unless you've tried a similar model on or find a site with a generous return policy. 

post #77 of 88

How are the Fenton suits?

 

In another thread, I saw that a user stated that the suit pants were "amazing" while the suit jacket wasn't that great. I just nabbed a suit jacket and pants from them during the sample sale plus with the 15% off code (total $168). I need a suit and figured this was would be better than waiting for Uniqlo to release the tasmanian wool separates next season. Anyways, got regular size (38S) on jacket and sized down (29) on pants.

 

No returns for sample sale so it may end up on B&S if it doesn't work out.

post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

How are the Fenton suits?

In another thread, I saw that a user stated that the suit pants were "amazing" while the suit jacket wasn't that great. I just nabbed a suit jacket and pants from them during the sample sale plus with the 15% off code (total $168). I need a suit and figured this was would be better than waiting for Uniqlo to release the tasmanian wool separates next season. Anyways, got regular size (38S) on jacket and sized down (29) on pants.

No returns for sample sale so it may end up on B&S if it doesn't work out.

What's the 15% off code?
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianoh View Post


What's the 15% off code?

 

sign up for their newsletter and they'll email you a code for 15% off 

post #80 of 88
Yeah, great deal on the suits. I bought two Fenton suit jackets (38 and 40) and will sell the one that doesn't fit.
post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

How are the Fenton suits?

In another thread, I saw that a user stated that the suit pants were "amazing" while the suit jacket wasn't that great. I just nabbed a suit jacket and pants from them during the sample sale plus with the 15% off code (total $168). I need a suit and figured this was would be better than waiting for Uniqlo to release the tasmanian wool separates next season. Anyways, got regular size (38S) on jacket and sized down (29) on pants.

No returns for sample sale so it may end up on B&S if it doesn't work out.

Where was the option for a 38S (Short)? Or did you mean 38R (Regular)?
post #82 of 88
There's a nice sale going on right now.

Anyone have any experience with Steve Alan dress pants?
post #83 of 88
I've got two fenton suits that the jacket sleeves are too long (functional cuffs, don't really want to get them tailored)

Jackets size 36 and 38
Pants size 29 and 30

Pants are very nice I kind of want to keep the 30 if someone wants only a jacket.

Will put up a b&s listing in a bit but if anyone is interested PM me.
post #84 of 88
How would you describe the pant fit?

I'm very reluctant to pull the trigger when there's no return possibility.
post #85 of 88
i know it says final sale, but I've brought in "final sale" items to return in-store for the last 2 years. Was always able to get store credit.
post #86 of 88

Anybody have any experience with the cashmere beanies/watch caps from this season?

I like the look of a lot of the Steven Alan product, but I've only ever bought one thing and I was really disappointed (Esteban Henley if anybody cares). I want a cashmere beanie for the winter and it doesn't look like J Crew is bringing theirs back.

Any help on quality would be really appreciated.

post #87 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdecker1 View Post

i know it says final sale, but I've brought in "final sale" items to return in-store for the last 2 years. Was always able to get store credit.

I'm going to try that. Their sizing is all over the place. Which store in particular did you return to, and did you show them your online receipt?
post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianoh View Post

I'm going to try that. Their sizing is all over the place. Which store in particular did you return to, and did you show them your online receipt?

Returned to the Steven Alan on Fillmore in San Francisco, first time I showed online receipt, second time I just had them pull it up on my credit card history
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Steven Alan