or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread - Page 196  

post #2926 of 8365
Hey drew,

just picked up my moto and shirts today.

Thanks!
post #2927 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Yeah I can do that. Do you have any perfectly fitting shirts right now or anything that would work as a baseline from which to add/subtract here and there?
alright so i do not have a button-up i would classify as a perfect fit so could i have your sizing chart? i need to get an order into u asap.
post #2928 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post


Just picked up my moto. Gonna be perfect for barhopping

i am sorry to say that this waaaay too short, and wearing a shorter tee isnt going to help
post #2929 of 8365
i've accepted the croppedness (word?) of my Schott perfecto. Motorcycle jackets are short by design. I have the 618, the original perfecto, and it's only like 23.5' from collar to bottom.
post #2930 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_i_am View Post
i've accepted the croppedness (word?) of my Schott perfecto.

Motorcycle jackets are short by design.

what you dont understand is that it doesnt suit a lot of ppl, especially guys with long torsos and long arms, especially if you are going to wear tees untucked
post #2931 of 8365
We understand, you don't like the way ToJ offerings are cut, can you go away now?
post #2932 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
We understand, you don't like the way ToJ offerings are cut, can you go away now?
i actually like what MR TOJ is offering, especially the other leathers, which btw i am considering buying i am just offering an unbiased opinion on that moto fit, which imo is too short there is no use saying ''wear shorter tees'' or ''higher rise jeans'' if thats not his style besides the length, i think that moto looks great on him
post #2933 of 8365
I can't comment on that pic, can't see the whole proportions, but nothing bothers me more than a long leather jacket.. much rather have it cropped
post #2934 of 8365
same here not trying to shit on the product. the fit is beautiful everywhere else, but i think it would look nicer if it was just a little shorter than the t-shirt. maybe cover the belt line at most.

i think my tax refund check will go towards a toj leather.
post #2935 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post
I can't comment on that pic, can't see the whole proportions, but nothing bothers me more than a long leather jacket.. much rather have it cropped

Personally, mine is about short as I'd want. It hits around the middle/top of my belt (well, depending on pants) at the front, and just slightly lower in the back. It's definitely the shortest jacket I own. I think shorter jackets look a little awkward on me (more than usual, I mean).

The cropped thing looks good on some others, though.

But, indeed, hard to evaluate the one in question without a wider-angle shot.
post #2936 of 8365
Who all received a Moto recently? I received mine and the fit is off. The sleeves are at least 1" shorter and .5-1" slimmer from shoulder to cuff, the front jacket length is .5-1" shorter from collar to hem, and the shoulder to shoulder is around 1" wider than we discussed during the measuring process. Wondering if i got someone elses jacket... :/ I emailed TOJ, waiting for a reply
post #2937 of 8365
^ What were the measurements? I was actually wondering if I got sent the wrong jacket...I already asked Charly to clarify but haven't heard back yet. Probably not though; I think they just adjusted the measurements for me even after saying it was too late to do so.
post #2938 of 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
i actually like what MR TOJ is offering, especially the other leathers, which btw i am considering buying

i am just offering an unbiased opinion on that moto fit, which imo is too short

there is no use saying ''wear shorter tees'' or ''higher rise jeans'' if thats not his style

besides the length, i think that moto looks great on him

An unbiased opinion is impossible.
post #2939 of 8365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by splattered View Post
Who all received a Moto recently? I received mine and the fit is off. The sleeves are at least 1" shorter and .5-1" slimmer from shoulder to cuff, the front jacket length is .5-1" shorter from collar to hem, and the shoulder to shoulder is around 1" wider than we discussed during the measuring process. Wondering if i got someone elses jacket... :/ I emailed TOJ, waiting for a reply

it is impossible that you got someone else's jacket, the names for each person's jacket are attached to the garment all the way til it gets back to my house in finished form, where I pack them up individually and finish sewing them by hand.
We adjust measurements on the fly sometimes, because when we're on the factory floor looking up your order and assessing it, we need to make it so the jacket does not come out disproportionately (most people sizing a jacket cold would make a disproportionate jacket, I've found)...
If you have emailed Charly, he will get back to you.
post #2940 of 8365
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
i am sorry to say that this waaaay too short, and wearing a shorter tee isnt going to help

yes, a shorter tee will help. He's covering the front pocket openings on his jeans with tee shirt already, and the picture doesn't lead to any ideas on how the top half balances with the bottom half. Thanks for your lovely insight otter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread