or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving soap?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best shaving soap? - Page 9

post #121 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Post Fathers Day setup. My wife is great
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG00884-20120731-0818.jpg

I especially like the brush and its handle. So, what is the small bowl that the aftershave tube is sitting in?
post #122 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

I especially like the brush and its handle. So, what is the small bowl that the aftershave tube is sitting in?

Looks like a lather bowl.
post #123 of 141
Yes, the brush is Joris (sp?) and that's a small lather bowl but I don't use it - I prefer lathering directly on my face
post #124 of 141
everything looks great.

except for maybe the faucet handle. tounge.gif
post #125 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Yes, the brush is Joris (sp?) and that's a small lather bowl but I don't use it - I prefer lathering directly on my face

How do you like Joris shave soap? I have a puck but have not used it since I have so many others that I really like and its been relegated to the bottom of the drawer.
post #126 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

everything looks great.

except for maybe the faucet handle. tounge.gif

Shit, I really like that faucet handle.
post #127 of 141
I've been using the Verbena Lime products from eShave.com since I got it in a bespokepost.com shipment.

post #128 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

How do you like Joris shave soap? I have a puck but have not used it since I have so many others that I really like and its been relegated to the bottom of the drawer.

I haven't tried Joris soap, the only thing I have from them is that brush my wife got for me for FD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Shit, I really like that faucet handle.

I like it too redface.gif
post #129 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx View Post

I've been using the Verbena Lime products from eShave.com since I got it in a bespokepost.com shipment.

Their avocado linden soap is fantastic. It's also a dead ringer for Provence Sante Verlaine. If I had to cut it down to one soap, it would be that.
post #130 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smith View Post

I really would like to try TOB's Sandalwood shave cream or soap along with companion aftershave and cologne at some point.

As both a Sandalwood and TOBS fan, I must unfortunately tell you TOBS Sandalwood isn't very good at all, probably best to avoid that one, as well as the Lime.

Only speaking of the cream, if there is a TOBS Sandal soap, I haven't tried it.

As far as Taylors goes, it doesn't get any better than Avocado cream IMO
post #131 of 141
I have the TOBS Eton cream and quite enjoy it.
post #132 of 141
Castle Forbes makes a wonderful Lime and Cedarwood & Sandalwood creams.
post #133 of 141
TOBS Avocado is stellar. I'll likely be trying one of the Simpsons Shaving Creams soon. Will come back with a review.
post #134 of 141
Martin De Candre is the best shaving soap I have tried by a wide margin. Expensive and can only be ordered from France, but totally worth it.
post #135 of 141

When I started wet-shaving about five years back, I used shaving-specific soap, mostly the cheap drugstore variety with occasional forays into the fancy stuff, for the first few years.  But it's been a long time since I've used a shaving-specific soap; rather, when I'm getting low (or towards the end of the summer if it doesn't look like I'll make it to the next spring) I just go down to my local farmer's market and peruse the handmade soap stalls, and get a puck of something mild, good-smelling, and olive-oil based.  Can't see any reason why I'd go back -- it's loads cheaper than the fancy shave soaps, and so much more pleasant than the cheap ones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best shaving soap?