or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › PSA (Torontonians and GTA): Holt Renfrew Last Call Barker Black
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA (Torontonians and GTA): Holt Renfrew Last Call Barker Black - Page 2

post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
I have these in mohagany. They are actually pretty nice, and the crossbones aren't that noticeable unless you really look. Great last shape, and the leather has yet to barely crease.

I happen to like the cross bone bit.
post #17 of 32
The cross-bone bit looks good, I like it too.
post #18 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
The burgundy/black specs are nice.

I was in Toronto in August and bought these. I think I paid around $300 for them. Really fantastic shoes!
post #19 of 32
Checked it out earlier today. The guy said they only had the black brogues in 7UK/8US or smaller... not sure what happened to all of the larger sizes the OP mentioned. The brogue also comes in a two-tone brown which I think they had larger sizes in. Also had some oxblood oxfords in an 8.5US, which actually fit, but aren't what I'm looking for.
post #20 of 32
Wait a bit, I'm sure they will appear soon in the BS
post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthree View Post
Checked it out earlier today. The guy said they only had the black brogues in 7UK/8US or smaller... not sure what happened to all of the larger sizes the OP mentioned. The brogue also comes in a two-tone brown which I think they had larger sizes in. Also had some oxblood oxfords in an 8.5US, which actually fit, but aren't what I'm looking for.

Barker Black or those Cole Haan Trafton's? I love those Cole Haan pebble grain Trafton.
post #22 of 32
nope, they were barker blacks
post #23 of 32
For those in Toronto who use public transit, here's info on how to get to Vaughan Mills Outlet mall,
Directions> http://www.shopping.ca/cambridge/jsp...jsp?mallid=vgm
post #24 of 32
someone plz proxy for me i can do a 7UK or 7.5UK
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyliu52 View Post
someone plz proxy for me i can do a 7UK or 7.5UK

There was a 7UK in the black wingtips and in the black/oxblood wingtip specs. Same shoes but for the different color vamp. Do you want one? I can try next week.
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
There was a 7UK in the black wingtips and in the black/oxblood wingtip specs. Same shoes but for the different color vamp. Do you want one? I can try next week.

Hey guys, thanks for the PSA. I was just there this afternoon and the pickings are slim at this point. The 7UK black wingtips are still there but for someone like me who is typically an 8US in most shoes (8US in AE 0 last) they were quite tight for my tastes. There are 2 Black / oxblood wingtips left in 9 and 9.5 US (or 2 of either one).

Other than these, there were only 2 pairs of the loafers with the XX crossbones (in grey and another colour I can't remember). There were about 3 pairs of these really ugly blobby suede shoes in a cream colour but I doubt anyone would go for them.

I was debating picking up the 2 spectators mentioned above but they do have some significant in store try-on wear on the uppers. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up there for the next few weeks - hopefully someone can benefit from this info.
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
Bump this up with some new info.

Was in there a couple of days ago. The black/burgundy spectators are still there, and some of the cross-bone loafers as well.

But they have something new (I'm assuming it's new because this thread doesn't make any mention of them and I didn't see them before): the black on black leather suede spectator brogue.

It's very nice, nicer than all the others at HR LC (we see the brown on brown BB spectator on B&S quite often so you already know what it looks like - but black on black).

Price, IIRC, is $450 CAD. Not at all bad for a BB price, but not low enough for what we are accustomed to at the place. Since they've taken away the 25% deal, however, I expect these will dip down sometime very soon when they put the deal back up.
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post
Bump this up with some new info.

Was in there a couple of days ago. The black/burgundy spectators are still there, and some of the cross-bone loafers as well.

But they have something new (I'm assuming it's new because this thread doesn't make any mention of them and I didn't see them before): the black on black leather suede spectator brogue.

It's very nice, nicer than all the others at HR LC (we see the brown on brown BB spectator on B&S quite often so you already know what it looks like - but black on black).

Price, IIRC, is $450 CAD. Not at all bad for a BB price, but not low enough for what we are accustomed to at the place. Since they've taken away the 25% deal, however, I expect these will dip down sometime very soon when they put the deal back up.

I almost bought a pair of Archdales in a very nice antiqued pewter last time I was there (@$350 - 30%) but despite how nice they looked and the great price, I decided I didn't really need charcoal grey wingtips

I believe they are gone now. They had a few loafers in different colors as well as the suede 2-eyelet bluchers. Sucks that the 30% off is gone though.
post #29 of 32
I was there yesterday. Remaining barker blacks included a pair of dark oak wingtips in uk 6.5/US 7.5 (my favourite), a few Suede shoes in mostly 8uk/9us, and a pair of white loafers in 9uk/10us. Prices were around $250 from $1000 with no further discount. Right now sweaters are 30% off (all prices listed below are before this discount). They had quite a bit of PRL cableknit cashmere priced around $170. There were a few nice colours including purple, gray, and cream. Also a beautiful Brioni 100% cashmere cardigan in Large (sort of a gray/olive colour) at $860 from over $2000. There are some plum Loro Piana shawl collars, but I wasn't overly impressed with them. My favourites that I didn't buy were a gray (Bamford I think) cashmere v-neck with white stripes around the collar, and a cream PRL cashmere hoodie. Both butter-soft. I think they were tagged at $400 and $200 respectively. At 40% off lowest tagged price were all sportcoats/blazers. There were a lot of beautiful 100% cashmere pieces by Loro Piana and Brioni. A few nice Isaia pieces as well. Prices before discount on the nicer pieces ranged from $600-1400. In the accessories section there were some beautiful cufflinks from tateossian's higher-end line marked down to ~$120 from ~$350, and some MOP collar stays marked an additional 50% off to ~$20 from ~$100. For the ladies, there was a rack 90% off lowest tagged price. Looked like it was pretty picked over, but there were still a few nice items in the largest and smallest sizes.
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
was there today.

a couple of thick/chunky white RLPL cotton cable cardigans at around $500 down from $1500.

Lots of zegna. Two very nice suede Zegna Sport beige suede bombers at $399 - 10%.

Lanvin selvage dry jeans down to $275 from like $500.

The nice RLBL dark brown suede bomber they've had forever but now discounted to 80% - so probably a couple of hundred bucks down from at least $1000.

Nothing worth mentioning for shoes.

I'm waiting for a big haul of goodies, but don't see anything. Quite disappointed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › PSA (Torontonians and GTA): Holt Renfrew Last Call Barker Black