or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: Who makes what for whom.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoes: Who makes what for whom. - Page 5

post #61 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
It probably also refers to the seam going through the side.
You're right. I haven't noticed. This design has a seperate pair of counters.
What the French would call a demi-chasse, unlike the Dover, which is a chasse.
post #62 of 108
Who makes the Brooks Brothers "Made in Italy" Handmades? I just picked a pair up at the outlet for $46
post #63 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by c55
Who makes the Brooks Brothers "Made in Italy" Handmades? I just picked a pair up at the outlet for $46

Do they have the "Vero Cuoio" stamp on the sole? If yes, they are most likelly made by Santoni FAM who is one of the founding members of the all powerful Vero Cuoio Consortium.
post #64 of 108
I haven't looked at Brooks Brothers for ages. But, mussel, are you really suggesting that Santoni makes shoes for Brooks Brothers up to Fatte a mano standards? Or am I just missing part of the joke?
post #65 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel
Do they have the "Vero Cuoio" stamp on the sole? If yes, they are most likelly made by Santoni FAM who is one of the founding members of the all powerful Vero Cuoio Consortium.

No, just handmade in italy and brooks brothers. I emailed them off the website, we'll see if they respond. They seem to be clearing these out at these prices. They also had a bunch of the alden penny's and some other italians in wierd sizes for $46 - should have grabbed and flipped on ebay, but didn't want to deal with it. If anyone is interested, these are at the outlet in Maine.
post #66 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussel
Do they have the "Vero Cuoio" stamp on the sole? If yes, they are most likelly made by Santoni FAM who is one of the founding members of the all powerful Vero Cuoio Consortium.




hahahaha heeeheee!!
post #67 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
I see these Barney's EGs pop-up time-to-time on a Japanese auction site. Never come across these in person.

I think those EGs were produced for Barneys Japanese stores. Have anyone seen any EGs at Barneys US stores? I believe Barneys Japanese stores are operated by Isetan as a franchisee.
post #68 of 108
Thread Starter 
Edward Green for Rubinacci on 606 & 888 lasts.
post #69 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle View Post
Who makes Canali shoes. Canali shoes really stepped up in terms of quality. I remember they were being typical blake shoes, but now they are good-year or rapid blake.

i don't think anyone in this thread answered this question yet: campanile makes shoes for canali now. great antiqueing job on their leathers as well, if i may add.
post #70 of 108
Grenson and Alfred Sargent for Shipton & Heneage. I think I read here that some Italain made Brooks are made by Martegani. The problem with this list is that it changes from season to season.
post #71 of 108
I had thought that Alfred Sargent made shoes for quite a lot of retailers. I was told that Edward Green make RTW for Foster & Sons.
post #72 of 108
Crockett & Jones makes Foster and Sons RTW. I believe Edward Green made F&S RTW before that.
post #73 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle View Post
Who makes Canali shoes. Canali shoes really stepped up in terms of quality. I remember they were being typical blake shoes, but now they are good-year or rapid blake.

+ 1
i saw a pair of canali shoes on sale at approx 300 usd and they are attractive!

and who made shoes for Gieves & Hawkes?
post #74 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjase View Post
I was told that Edward Green make RTW for Foster & Sons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Crockett & Jones makes Foster and Sons RTW. I believe Edward Green made F&S RTW before that.

Edward Green supplied recently an order of, maybe, half a dozen different designs to Foster & Son. Although they only are marked with the Foster name, as member "˜culverwood' reported, Foster & Son did send e-mails to existing clients, stressing that they offer EG-made shoes as stock items again. Some styles are made on the very old last 88.

Foster & Son stocks reay-to-wear shoes at various price points, some of the cheaper ranges come from either Cheaney or Barker (maybe both).

Quote:
Originally Posted by walneal View Post
...and who made shoes for Gieves & Hawkes?

Everybody in Northampton has made shoes for Gieves at one time. The current crop is from Cheaney.
post #75 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by walneal View Post
+ 1
i saw a pair of canali shoes on sale at approx 300 usd and they are attractive!

and who made shoes for Gieves & Hawkes?

Canali is made by Campanile
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: Who makes what for whom.