or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Modern Tailor.com review - my experience
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Modern Tailor.com review - my experience - Page 47

post #691 of 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

So far my experience has been good - although customer service can be slow to respond to questions (one question never received a response). For daily wear I want a non-iron fabric and I've found one on their site I like very much - and it comes in several staple colors - so I'm sticking with them for now.


Surprising you say that because they always responded to me (back and forth over maybe 20 e-mails), within an hour to two hours tops.

post #692 of 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedmajik View Post


Surprising you say that because they always responded to me (back and forth over maybe 20 e-mails), within an hour to two hours tops.

My experience has only gotten worse since then. After placing my most recent order, I emailed customer service within minutes to inform them that I wanted to make a chance to the half-bicep measurement. I wanted to change it to 7.75 inches. They replied and said they would inform the tailor. A second email from them said that they had checked with the tailor and he had indeed made my cuffs 7.75" as requested. I responded and informed them that I said half-bicep, not cuffs (coincidentally, my cuffs were also 7.75 inches, so they got them confused). So basically they misread my email. After the shirt shipped out, I received an email saying they were unable to accommodate my half-bicep change. I responded and pointed out that they had misread my email, and gave the tailor the wrong information. They advised him to alter the cuffs, not half-bicep. All of a sudden their story changed and, according to them, the reason they couldn't accommodate the change was because the shirt was already in production by the time I had requested the change (I emailed them 13 minutes after placing my order). I have no idea what the real story is, but I find it odd that their story suddenly changed when they realized they had made a mistake. I've been pretty understanding and patient, but it looks like they're basically refusing to do anything about it. It's unfortunate because I've been extremely impressed with the shirts I've received so far, but I doubt I'll place another order in the future.
post #693 of 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


My experience has only gotten worse since then. After placing my most recent order, I emailed customer service within minutes to inform them that I wanted to make a chance to the half-bicep measurement. I wanted to change it to 7.75 inches. They replied and said they would inform the tailor. A second email from them said that they had checked with the tailor and he had indeed made my cuffs 7.75" as requested. I responded and informed them that I said half-bicep, not cuffs (coincidentally, my cuffs were also 7.75 inches, so they got them confused). So basically they misread my email. After the shirt shipped out, I received an email saying they were unable to accommodate my half-bicep change. I responded and pointed out that they had misread my email, and gave the tailor the wrong information. They advised him to alter the cuffs, not half-bicep. All of a sudden their story changed and, according to them, the reason they couldn't accommodate the change was because the shirt was already in production by the time I had requested the change (I emailed them 13 minutes after placing my order). I have no idea what the real story is, but I find it odd that their story suddenly changed when they realized they had made a mistake. I've been pretty understanding and patient, but it looks like they're basically refusing to do anything about it. It's unfortunate because I've been extremely impressed with the shirts I've received so far, but I doubt I'll place another order in the future.


Very strange how different our customer services experiences were. Honestly in an ideal world the best thing to do would be to get one shirt from them, take it to a tailor to correct any of things they did not get right, and then ship that shirt to Modern Tailor when ordering shirts in bulk so that they can replicate that perfect fitting shirt to a tee (hence why ordering in bulk would make more sense if you do this so you can get many perfect fitting shirts). If you ask, MT can also upload the measurements for those perfect fitting shirts to your online profile for you. Might actually be worth the shipping charge to try that. I have not yet but I was thinking of doing this in the near future now that I have gotten a shirt from them and then tailored it locally to be the most immaculate fitting shirt I own.

post #694 of 702
I placed an order for 5 more shirts, and they agreed to give me a $15 credit for the mistake on the previous shirt, and a set of free MOP buttons since the shirt arrive with a broken button. I was satisfied with this. I'm a huge fan of their collar offerings, and the fabric (I've used the same fabric for all shirts thus far). My only gripe is that they advertise this fabric as non-iron, and it's certainly not a non-iron fabric. Light Blue Pinpoint No.: R67181-04
post #695 of 702
Did they stop adding fabrics?
post #696 of 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

Did they stop adding fabrics?

Anyone?
post #697 of 702

H


Edited by calum - 11/9/15 at 4:53am
post #698 of 702
I just received an order from MoDERN TAILOR and I was unpleasantly surprised! The shirt was way too big and a lot of excess fabric was hanging all around my torseau and sleeves. I complained immediately and emailed photos, with a reminder that I have provided accurate body measurements and requested a slim fit. Their reply was that they"followed the standards and can not call it a defect". Readjusting the shirt extensively at my local tailor cost 30$, on top of the $100 bill from MT. It was a bad investment. I could've had a much better ready-made shirt at half the cost.
post #699 of 702
Don't send body measurements. Send shirt measurements.
post #700 of 702
The point of tailoring is to get a shirt specific to my body. Not to another shirt I bought.
post #701 of 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCell View Post

The point of tailoring is to get a shirt specific to my body. Not to another shirt I bought.

The way to get there using an online MTM service is by measuring your best fitting shirt and making modifications as needed. Measuring your body rarely results in a satisfactory product.
post #702 of 702
Or, I can save my self all the trouble and go to the mall. Plenty of fancy shirts there; and what you see is what you get, and they are flexible about exchange and refund. Nuf said.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Modern Tailor.com review - my experience