Originally Posted by Renault78law
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INVITE! My GF's been wanting to go forever, it'll make a very nice surprise.
Enjoy your visit. You caught me just before I head overseas. My flight leaves in the morning, and I will be off the boards for 4-6 weeks. Just some notes for an enjoyable evening:
1. Make your reservations for an early dinner sitting.
2. Plan for traffic. The congestion around Franklin and Highland, and anywhere else in Hollywood on a Friday or Saturday night will be tough, especially if there is a major event going on at the Hollywood Bowl. Your best bet is to approach the castle on Franklin, well East or West of it so that you don't have to turn left off of Higland.
3. Dress code. Coat & tie for men. You will be turned away if you do not meet the dress code. Ladies, dress to impress. Little black dresses do very well there.
4. After dinner do the main show, your waiter will keep you abreast of the time. You don't want to be last in line, or you may not be able to sit with your date.
5. After the main show there are four different parlors where you can view close-up magic acts. I find this type of magic to be much more entertaining than the stage magic. All of the magicians work comedy into their acts. It's hilarious.
6. There are several bars in the castle for socializing, so feel free to mingle with others. The place has a lot of celebrity members, so if you see one, feel free to introduce yourself.
7. Feel free to introduce yourself to the staff, and tell them I sent you.
Women love this place because it makes them laugh, and they get a chance to dress up. I guarantee a "panty-dropping" date for anyone who takes a lady there on a date. Which is always a nice way to close out an evening, eh?