or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for similar sportcoat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for similar sportcoat

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Hello all,

I really like the color and style of this jacket. Can anyone tell me where I can find a similar/the same one. Of course I would not wear it with the green cardigan.

post #2 of 14
It looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.
post #3 of 14
Um why? Looks like a high gorge 2 button sold color sports coat with a notch lapel... I don't see anything particularly 'suity' about it.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks.

You think it was part of a suit and not really meant to be used with different pants? Is this color called charcoal?
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureus
Um why? Looks like a high gorge 2 button sold color sports coat with a notch lapel... I don't see anything particularly 'suity' about it.

I think that it's an orphan(not that there's anything wrong with that) and It appears to have 3 buttons
post #6 of 14
Looks like charcoal sharkskin, and looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureus
Um why? Looks like a high gorge 2 button sold color sports coat with a notch lapel... I don't see anything particularly 'suity' about it.
Everything you mention is "suity" -- hard-finished worsted in a single, dark color. That's definitely suiting cloth, not sport coat cloth.
post #8 of 14
Anyway, that's pretty much the most basic suit there is and you should be able to find it anywhere.
post #9 of 14
Single-breasted charcoal is pretty easy to find, but the sharkskin weave is certainly little less common these days.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I think that it's an orphan(not that there's anything wrong with that) and It appears to have 3 buttons
Noted, the 3rd buttonhole/button were hidden quite well in the shadow on my monitor. Had to change brightness settings to be sure they were there. Regardless, I don't quite understand why those things I mentioned equate to it being a suit. Someone can't simply wish to have a sports coat with those pretty much standard features?
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureus
Noted, the 3rd buttonhole/button were hidden quite well in the shadow on my monitor. Had to change brightness settings to be sure they were there. Regardless, I don't quite understand why those things I mentioned equate to it being a suit. Someone can't simply wish to have a sports coat with those pretty much standard features?
Sure, just as you could wear a black suit for work or a notch lapel on your dinner jacket but none of those three examples follow the conventions of dress (otherwise known as "the rules") to which most of us subscribe.
post #12 of 14
Definately a suit coat.

And he doesn't look good in it with the jeans.

Regards
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328
It looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.

Agreed. I'll go further and say it looks like the coat of a Ferragamo (Zegna-made) suit I bought five years ago.
post #14 of 14
Can anyone identify the jeans?

I actually like this outfit a lot (minus the tie).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Looking for similar sportcoat