or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OXXFORD CLOTHES WEBSITE - updated!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OXXFORD CLOTHES WEBSITE - updated!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
finally, the Oxxford website has been updated (still a few things to go, but it's a start!). That navy pinstripe is a killer suit (flat front trousers and double vents, i think?), wonder if i could get one for about $2300.......(reminds me of the classic style of Bogart in Dark Passage, 1947)???

www.oxxfordclothes.com

post #2 of 13
Quote:
In each field of human endeavor, there is one who serves as the inspiration for his entire group. Today, Oxxford Clothes holds this enviable position in the clothing industry.


Oxxford Clothes is the finest and only hand made clothing that you can buy today.

This little extract from the website is very America-centric, n'est-ce pas?
post #3 of 13
What is the theme song that plays in the background for the Oxxford site?
post #4 of 13
They should have the different models on display.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc2000
What is the theme song that plays in the background for the Oxxford site?

I asked the same question on AAAC, nobody answered.

It's in The Thomas Crown Affair (new one) too.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
finally, the Oxxford website has been updated (still a few things to go, but it's a start!). That navy pinstripe is a killer suit (flat front trousers and double vents, i think?), wonder if i could get one for about $2300.......(reminds me of the classic style of Bogart in Dark Passage, 1947)???

www.oxxfordclothes.com



Drool!
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet
This little extract from the website is very America-centric, n'est-ce pas?
Alright, Oxxford is beautifully made stuff, and it is a sort of acme in that regard, but inspiring in any sort of stylistic sense it's not.

I'm not saying it's stylistically bad, that's a matter of taste. It's just not something inspiring.
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
I dunno, Ed-- their new line of flat-front trouser suits, with narrower lapels on the jackets and double vents are pretty cool (the much-discussed Radcliff model).....
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I dunno, Ed-- their new line of flat-front trouser suits, with narrower lapels on the jackets and double vents are pretty cool (the much-discussed Radcliff model).....
I wish I could say I'd seen them, but every store in which I remember to ask says that they don't have any in yet.

Actually, come to think of it, I think my local Neiman's said that they were getting some for S/S 06.

Still though, inspirational is a strong word.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Alright, Oxxford is beautifully made stuff, and it is a sort of acme in that regard, but inspiring in any sort of stylistic sense it's not.

Sartorially speaking, a very trite comment and outdated as well.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Sartorially speaking, a very trite comment and outdated as well.
So what, one new model updates the entire brand? Or are you referring to Crest? Even taking those into account, it's still not the sort of clothing that one sees and thinks, "Wow, I wonder how I can recreate that look."

Now, one may see it and think, "God, that is some handwork. More clothing should be made like that," and I could see that as being inspirational in an artisanal way, but still not a holistic one.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
So what, one new model updates the entire brand? Or are you referring to Crest? Even taking those into account, it's still not the sort of clothing that one sees and thinks, "Wow, I wonder how I can recreate that look."

Now, one may see it and think, "God, that is some handwork. More clothing should be made like that," and I could see that as being inspirational in an artisanal way, but still not a holistic one.

What maker inspires you? I feel that a well fitted Oxxford suit is a classic look. I fear that they're dumbing down their line as we speak.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
What maker inspires you? I feel that a well fitted Oxxford suit is a classic look. I fear that they're dumbing down their line as we speak.
It's funny, thinking about it, it's hard to come up with a specific label that consistently inspires me. Everything I think of a sartorially inspirational is either very general (Savile Row, military attire) or a specific outift (Connery's grey suit in Goldfinger.)

I can really only think of one, that being APC, and even then it's far from entirely inspirational.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › OXXFORD CLOTHES WEBSITE - updated!