or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Great Success with these supplements/and workout program--Current Progress Pics---
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Great Success with these supplements/and workout program--Current Progress Pics--- - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford
Looking good Soph -

As I said in your previous thread - I too find the Cell Mass and NoXplode to be beneficial. Can't really tell if the Nitrix pills do anything, but it's easy to buy the whole batch cheap on Ebay.


I haven't tried Nitrix as I'm figuring NoXplode is achieving a similar effect. It defiintly works. Water and Vitmamins and eating right are my biggest 3 supplements however.
post #17 of 24
This reminds me of a great rap lyric by The Last Emperor: "See, the difference between me and these cats, My flow is so strong I spit creatine caps"
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8
I agree 100%. Especially with HGH. The DHEA is pretty benign from what I have read.

Great pics soph. I see you have kept up with your legs, which get neglected by many. Great work!

M8

Some claim that building muscle mass on the legs releases growth hormones that also boost upper body mass.

Anyway, the man is in good shape.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant.com
Some claim that building muscle mass on the legs releases growth hormones that also boost upper body mass.

Anyway, the man is in good shape.

I have heard that also. I believe it's because of the quads. They are the biggest muscle of the body. Weight training in general begets growth.

M8
post #20 of 24
Nice work Soph, looking big.

Personally, I can't take any products with creatine in them because of kidney problems. Right now all I take is whey, a multivitamin, fish oil and flaxseed oil and it's been working pretty good (though I've been taking the past two weeks off because of final exams).
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
Nice work Soph, looking big.

Personally, I can't take any products with creatine in them because of kidney problems. Right now all I take is whey, a multivitamin, fish oil and flaxseed oil and it's been working pretty good (though I've been taking the past two weeks off because of final exams).


---Thanks, and Great choices!
I too take a:
1. a multi-vitamin
2. a borage/flaxseed oil tablespoon--essential fatty acids
3. Drink a steady amount of water everyday--
4. Try to eat every 3 to 4 hours with a mixture and variety of foods

Diet is critical to achieving any results and the macro-nutrients are vastly more important than any supplemental additions. Until you have a solid base like you are starting to use, you don't need any extra.
post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant.com
Some claim that building muscle mass on the legs releases growth hormones that also boost upper body mass.

Anyway, the man is in good shape.


---Thanks. Yes, I've heard the legs/gh/size/strength proposition over the years, I don't know if the claim has any real scientific backing though. Nonetheless, training legs does require a certain amount of fortitude, persistence and dexterity that most don't enjoy. It's also not as visual as say chest/shoulders/biceps. However, the rewards are well worth it relative to strength, as are the symmetrical advantages.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph View Post
---Thanks. Yes, I've heard the legs/gh/size/strength proposition over the years, I don't know if the claim has any real scientific backing though. Nonetheless, training legs does require a certain amount of fortitude, persistence and dexterity that most don't enjoy. It's also not as visual as say chest/shoulders/biceps. However, the rewards are well worth it relative to strength, as are the symmetrical advantages.

As someoen with skinny legs, I disagree. I lost my enthusiasm for working out when my bloodwork came back all screwy though (kidneys/liver). I've got a super fast metabolism and i can't eat the necessary quantities of proteins/carbs/fats to actually gain weight without the help of protein shakes which my doc told me to stop using. I just don't have the time in the day too cook that stuff naturally and i enjoy a diet that doesn't include tuna or much chicken breast (which I got really sick of). As soon as I stopped working out and eating 3200 cal a day, I lost the 15lbs I had put on. I tend to forget to drink enough water (when i'm downing all that protein/carbs) and it's really not worth messing up my kidneys or liver for. I had 10 kidney stones this year as it is.
post #24 of 24
And GQ revives an old thread to tell us about his kidney stones! We really didn't need to be reminded of this bit of information. Though I would contend that you're not eating all that much comparatively to someone who is actually trying to gain. Muscular legs are nice for when you're wearing any swimwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Great Success with these supplements/and workout program--Current Progress Pics---