or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › It's College Football Season boys!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's College Football Season boys!!! - Page 11

post #151 of 1151
I think ND is over rated and will lose to Michigan next week.
post #152 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetieguy View Post
I think ND is over rated and will lose to Michigan next week.
I hope you're right.
post #153 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Welcome to Zookville. He will lose games he should win and win games he should lose. The openers left me confused. Questions: 1. Is Ok State that good or is UGA that bad? I'm leaning toward the "UGA is worse than expected" theory. The defense just looked bad.
I disagree with this. The Georgia D was holding a very talented offense to a shutout until the end of the second quarter. Aside from the first, every OSU score came when they were given a short field. After the first touchdown, OSU's scores came after starting on the UGA 6, 24, and 32. In fact, OSU only scored one time when they started on their side of the field. Given what the offense gave them to work with, I'd say the defense did quite well. OSU has one of the best offenses in the country, and the defense was pretty stout. OSU averaged almost five hundred yards per game last season, Georgia held them to just over 300. Now Georgia's offense on the other hand...
post #154 of 1151
Canes!

I enjoyed that game.
post #155 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r View Post
Great weekend to be a Longhorn. We played lots of younglings, including our future at QB who looked like he could be something very special.. and we found speed in all aspects of the game. A good, convincing start.

OU lost.. that is ALWAYS good. The bad... Bradford got hurt and from reports, could be out 6 - 8 weeks. That really sucks because by all accounts, he is a good kid and a class act. On the other hand, their offensive line is worse than everyone expected.. they look lost, confused and no matter who they have at QB, they will be running for their lives.. unlike their running backs! Delicious doo da karma for Small Game Bob and the Land Thieves.

SEC, with the possible exception of Gator Chomp will all do the familial hari kari and will eliminate themselves from national contention.

Will Cal be able to beat USC?

Big 10/11.. except for Penn State.. wake me when it's 2011.

A great opening weekend!!!

Is it hard to talk with the University of Texas' dick so far down your throat?
post #156 of 1151
What's everyone thought on the Heisman this year? Are they going to give it Colt, out of pity?

Anyone have a comment on last years Heisman?
post #157 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I disagree with this. The Georgia D was holding a very talented offense to a shutout until the end of the second quarter. Aside from the first, every OSU score came when they were given a short field. After the first touchdown, OSU's scores came after starting on the UGA 6, 24, and 32. In fact, OSU only scored one time when they started on their side of the field. Given what the offense gave them to work with, I'd say the defense did quite well. OSU has one of the best offenses in the country, and the defense was pretty stout. OSU averaged almost five hundred yards per game last season, Georgia held them to just over 300.

Now Georgia's offense on the other hand...

I actually meant to type "offense" but didn't notice the mistake until you pointed it out. Your analysis is correct, IMO. Defense was pretty good, but Cox looked bad. The refs and Mike Bobo's play-calling weren't helping them out either.
post #158 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I actually meant to type "offense" but didn't notice the mistake until you pointed it out. Your analysis is correct, IMO. Defense was pretty good, but Cox looked bad. The refs and Mike Bobo's play-calling weren't helping them out either.

In that case I agree with your analysis. I fear UGA just might not be able to muster a lot of offense until the new guys get broken in. The offense was just terrible, both the playing and coaching. If UGA and S. Car play offense this week like they did in week one we may well see another Auburn-Mississippi State.

I'm hoping it was just jitters for Cox, and that we'll see a much better offense overall this weekend. It's a home game, and maybe being beaten on national television will give them some motivation. However, if the offense looks like that again it might be time to think about starting Logan Gray and calling this a true rebuilding year. Sentimentally, I'd hate to see Cox lose the starting job after waiting out Stafford, but there's no reason to throw away a season on a failing QB when we could be getting a young guy some experience.
post #159 of 1151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post
Is it hard to talk with the University of Texas' dick so far down your throat?

What a wonderfully diverse post.

You managed to be profane, puerile and parochial at the same time!

post #160 of 1151
/sigh AP poll is sad.
post #161 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable View Post
What's everyone thought on the Heisman this year? Are they going to give it Colt, out of pity?

Anyone have a comment on last years Heisman?

I think they'll give it to Colt. Both out of pity and because the kid can play. Plus everyone is tired of hearing about Tebow and Bradford just got injured. That said, Javid Best's performance was pretty outstanding.
post #162 of 1151
The 4th quarter belongs to Miami
post #163 of 1151
I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.
post #164 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.
OSU's chances of upsetting USC is about the same as Indiana upsetting OSU a month from now.
post #165 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I'm predicting an Ohio State upset over USC.

I hope so
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › It's College Football Season boys!!!