or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › It's College Football Season boys!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's College Football Season boys!!! - Page 8

post #106 of 1151
ah......football is officially back. i roll tide'd a bulldog at the bar last night. it's smack talking season again!!!!!!!
post #107 of 1151
Let's bring on the MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!
post #108 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
ah......football is officially back. i roll tide'd a bulldog at the bar last night. it's smack talking season again!!!!!!!
In Austin? I bet that was...weird.

I'm excited for the OKState game. Even if UGA loses it *should* be a good game for everyone watching.
post #109 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMan View Post
I'm excited for the OKState game. Even if UGA loses it *should* be a good game for everyone watching.

It should be a great game. Two different types of football from the better teams in the power conferences should make it a lot of fun to watch.

The more I hear the more I like Georgia's chances. Lots of injuries piling up in Stillwater, and the whole no pre-game handshake thing was some outstanding locker room bulletin board material for UGA. I've been picking Georgia all along (though I'm admittedly quite biased); the new developments are making me like their chances even more.

You a Dawg?
post #110 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMan View Post
In Austin? I bet that was...weird.

I'm excited for the OKState game. Even if UGA loses it *should* be a good game for everyone watching.

yah, a little out of place but what can you do? he had on a dawgs visor; part of my family's from bama and i grew up with the tide.
post #111 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
It should be a great game. Two different types of football from the better teams in the power conferences should make it a lot of fun to watch. The more I hear the more I like Georgia's chances. Lots of injuries piling up in Stillwater, and the whole no pre-game handshake thing was some outstanding locker room bulletin board material for UGA. I've been picking Georgia all along (though I'm admittedly quite biased); the new developments are making me like their chances even more. You a Dawg?
Yeah I'm with you. I've said 24-21 UGA all along but I was still admittedly worried. Because of the injuries and all, I feel a little more confident. Yep, I graduated in 2004 and I still live/work in Athens. You?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
yah, a little out of place but what can you do? he had on a dawgs visor; part of my family's from bama and i grew up with the tide.
Haha nice. I was tailgating at a UGA/Alabama game and some Alabama fans were heckling us before the game and I said "at least we were bowl eligible last year". I've never seen someone go that nuclear that fast. Then they rolled us up. Haha. Ahh...karma. What was his reaction? Not typical I hope.
post #112 of 1151
naw. we're both outsiders in this city so there was a common bond. light smack talking and a couple of shots of beam.
post #113 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMan View Post
Yeah I'm with you. I've said 24-21 UGA all along but I was still admittedly worried. Because of the injuries and all, I feel a little more confident.

Yep, I graduated in 2004 and I still live/work in Athens. You?

I finished grad school at UGA in May, and now I live/work in Athens.

Small world!

Quote:
Haha nice. I was tailgating at a UGA/Alabama game and some Alabama fans were heckling us before the game and I said "at least we were bowl eligible last year". I've never seen someone go that nuclear that fast. Then they rolled us up. Haha. Ahh...karma.

Man, that game was rough. It was so much fun tailgating all day, seeing the Gameday crew, and actually getting a night game on campus for once. Then the game started...
post #114 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Let's bring on the MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!
Caption: Let's go burn that couch! Well, night one was a night of ultimate suck: 1. Spurrier proved that getting old sucks. 2. NC State proved that Tom O'Brien's teams are so boring, they actually suck the life out of every living person in a 10 mile radius. 3. Oregon proved that Chip Kelly sucks, that the Nike uni of the year sucks, and that not having at least 10 Samoans in your OL/DL 2-deep = fail if you are a team from Oregon. 4. Boise proved that the color blue sucks, and that the high-powered WAC attack is actually a bowl full of suck Football gods, please deliver a decent game this weekend. Please . . . .
post #115 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Let's bring on the MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!

That is an awesome photo.

I love pictures of college and college football pageantry from yesteryear.
post #116 of 1151
Last night's games were terrible. Only reason why people aren't talking about how crappy those games were is because of the punch.
post #117 of 1151
I'm about to buy tickets to my first A&M game... I'm not sure how the Austinite in me is going to handle this. I still can't do the Sam 'Em Off.
post #118 of 1151
a bunch of uga players have swine flue including joe cox http://uga.rivals.com
post #119 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
a bunch of uga players have swine flue including joe cox

http://uga.rivals.com
You gotta think if there was any truth to that there would have been an announcement. If for no other reason than to keep Oklahoma State safe. If a "bunch" of players have it, they probably won't be able to bring a full roster. I guess time will tell, huh?
post #120 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post
Last night's games were terrible. Only reason why people aren't talking about how crappy those games were is because of the punch.

I thought Boise State looked impressive...and any college football is good college football when you've gone without for 8 months.

Wouldn't be surprised if Blount faces assault charges because of his actions after the game. I think he pushed a cop who was trying to restrain him after he sucker punched that Boise State player. It was a sad display for college football.

Although I'll be in Dallas this weekend, I won't see the OU-BYU game...should be a good one, though. Jermaine Gresham's injury means Bradford won't have his favorite outlet if (when?) his OL breaks down.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › It's College Football Season boys!!!