• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fall/Winter Accessories (hats, gloves, scarves, etc.)

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you come across any interesting accessories yet for the fall/winter season? I've been looking for some gloves similar to these:
mgloves.jpg
What about hats?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna get the gray PBJ scarf I think. I'm looking for cashmere lined black leather gloves. I know Hermes makes em, but I'd rather spend less. Also getting a merino wool knit cap.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Have you come across any interesting accessories yet for the fall/winter season?

I've been looking for some gloves similar to these:

What about hats?

I saw those on Oki-ni, look interesting. There are some MMM scarves too there that look good, especially the reversible gray/blue and the turquoise mohair stripe. I liked it when the pound was cheaper. . . .

http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/martinmargielaall

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the MM knit scarves look nice. Thinking about picking up the gloves but they seem somewhat thin (can't tell if they are lined) and kind of basic so I figured there may be a cheaper option.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't know why I have them but here's my stock:

-jil sander leather gloves with ribbed cuffs and cashmere lining
-raf simons purple metallic cable knit scarf
-raf simons double sided flat wool scarf
-margiela satin/wool scarf
-mcqueen black mini heart silk fringe scarf
-mcqueen silver silk mini skull fringe scarf
-br ecru cashmere chunky scarf (lol only br piece I ever kept)

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Anyone know any brands that make really narrow gloves? My fingers are skinny as hell.

Dunhill purple suede unlined driving gloves have really skinny fingers. I have very thin long fingers and dunhill gloves are the only ones I have found, which give a good fit. You could always go bespoke for gloves if you can't find narrow enough fingers.

For winter accessories I bought 4 scarves this year
3 loro piana alpaca and cashmere scarves in brown, tan and blue and a gold silk and cashmere loro piana one. I will probably buy a few ferregamo herringbone ones. Anyone have any good recommendations for a knit hat? I have a budget of about $200 and want something at least cashmere.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the NDG scarves, not too great.

How about w&h scarves?

a good charcoal beanie?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in that charcoal NDG cap from this fall, but that is made in the same material as the scares. You say thats not very nice?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I've been interested in that charcoal NDG cap from this fall, but that is made in the same material as the scares. You say thats not very nice?
They all seem to be made of the same material as far as 20% nylon and wool blend. The scarves just seem a bit short/thick so they don't drape very well. The GI hat is a bit different in texture, not too bad though.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No the chunky standard hat.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see, yeah that is probably identical to the scarves then

saelan

Reaction score
I've seen the NDG gloves in person and they look amazing. I'm thinking about buying the scarf online based on that. You guys think not?

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the pbj grey/indigo scarfs are beautiful

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
I've seen the NDG gloves in person and they look amazing. I'm thinking about buying the scarf online based on that. You guys think not?
maybe, just a bit chunky and maybe too short in length

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics