• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever crossed a picket line?

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a situation catch me offguard last night. Was going to see Inglourious Bastards with my woman and we get to the theater to find that the (ex) projectionists picketing outside. Apparantly they'd all been given the permanent ax the day before, presumably after some union negotiation broke down.

We ended up going in to the movie anyway, though we avoided the snack counter at the request of the picketers.

I felt vaguely guilty throughout the screening, and in hindsight wished I would have passed on the movie. Am I an ass?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A coworker told me a story about his old job. He got called up to go to another facility that was having problems with the employees on strike. He crossed the picket line, etc. They then had to lock the facility down for like 36 hours because of violence. After the police left, my friend said he found bullet casings out in the parking lot...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
I had a situation catch me offguard last night. Was going to see Inglourious Bastards with my woman and we get to the theater to find that the (ex) projectionists picketing outside. Apparantly they'd all been given the permanent ax the day before, presumably after some union negotiation broke down.

We ended up going in to the movie anyway, though we avoided the snack counter at the request of the picketers.

I felt vaguely guilty throughout the screening, and in hindsight wished I would have passed on the movie. Am I an ass?

Your an ass for feeling vaguely guilty. You did not go out of your way to find a theater that had projectionists picketing, nor do you know the nature of the disagreement (believe it or not, unions are not always right/victims). Had you been the "scab" projectionist and you believed in unions, then you can feel guilty. If we started arranging our lives around every industry/business that has labor or other issues, we would probably never get dressed/eat/leave our house.

Now, if you really want to have this threak get wet, please move it to the CE
devil.gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** unions. Ultra-**** unions made up of fucktards whose job it is to push play on an ancient projection machine. Computers would work better.

And you did not cross the picket line. To cross the picket line means to go work doing the job of those who are striking.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have bought a supersized bucket of popcorn. And I don't even like popcorn.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a union for movie theater projectionists?
eh.gif

It must suck for them with everything going digital now.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its apropos you went to go see a movie about a projectionist.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Your an ass for feeling vaguely guilty. You did not go out of your way to find a theater that had projectionists picketing, nor do you know the nature of the disagreement (believe it or not, unions are not always right/victims).

+1

breitlingman

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me a number of years ago at the movie theatre. The theatres here no longer have a union for projectionists.
smile.gif

Screw unions. Once on my way to work at another office, there were Unions picketing outside the building. I had to walk past them to get to my office.. the Union guys were asking me where I was going, and I said that it was none of their business. Then they proceeded to ask me to show them my Drivers license. I promptly told them to **** off.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock

How many were black? If more than 3 you gots to flee.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I used to scab when in my early 20s. The local Posties were always striking, and the pay for scabbing was great. And being young and stupid, the whole action with the strikers was what we considered "fun." God, to be young and stupid again.

Now I'm just stupid.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a scab during a radiologist strike at Kaiser Permanente while in college. pay was great for the time, like $15 an hour for a summer job which was pretty good back then.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am taking down all of your names and details.
teacha.gif

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Did anybody watch UCB?

"Scabs are the lowest form of human life"

Hilarious episode.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads