or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes - Page 12

post #166 of 189
Crockett and Jones.
post #167 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

No stacking. And I think cordovan is included.

Do you know who makes the Peal & Co shell shoes/boots? I like the cap toe boots in #8 shell, but makes me wonder how good they are, as the 40% off only takes them down to Alden territory. The shell shoes on the other hand, would be Avery good buy, granted that they are of good quality.

They are C&J and are nice boots. I enjoy mine quite a bit.
post #168 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Crockett and Jones.
Thank you
post #169 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

They are C&J and are nice boots. I enjoy mine quite a bit.

Thanks. They are indeed very nice.
post #170 of 189
One more question. Are these made by C&J, as well? If anyone has them, how would you say the fit is, especially compared to Allen Edmonds? I apologize for all these questions, but I am trying to test the waters with other brands, as currently all of my shoes are AE's.

post #171 of 189
Yep, C&J.
post #172 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

One more question. Are these made by C&J, as well? If anyone has them, how would you say the fit is, especially compared to Allen Edmonds? I apologize for all these questions, but I am trying to test the waters with other brands, as currently all of my shoes are AE's.


Gentlemen,
I am in a market for a shell cordovan PTB, something similar to Aldens or AE Leeds for business casual wear. Need your advice with the shoe pictured above. Do you think it offers the same versatility as the aforementioned shoes? Doesn't seem as heavy duty.

Thanks
post #173 of 189

I have a pair of those Peale & Co shoes. They fit great.  They are well made.  I am sure they are Crockett & Jones (the BB sales folks, who chat with me about shoes pretty openly, confirmed it).  It's Horween shell cordovan, and it seems first grade.  It's my first pair of shell cordovans from Peale.  My other Peales are the black loafers, and full strap reddish brown ones.  They are both C & J as well, and they have worn well.  I think the Peale & Co shoes are superior to A & Es and Aldens, and I have a bunch of both.  C & J just makes a better quality shoe.

post #174 of 189

I'm sorry, I feel like these questions have already been answered somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find them anymore.  I've been operating under the assumption that these are C&J on the 341 last (similar to the U-throat wingtips earlier in this thread), can anyone confirm?

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Medallion-Captoes/MH00454,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00454_Color=BLCK&contentpos=5&cgid=0522

 

And a more general question, is the sizing between these and "regular" C&J pretty consistent?  I've only worn Peal C&J, can I use the 10US (9.5UK) size of the BB C&J Peals as a benchmark for ordering shoes of the same size/last from C&J online?

 

EDIT: after further review, these actually look more to me like 240? 


Edited by The Heat - 12/28/15 at 12:59pm
post #175 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heat View Post
 

I'm sorry, I feel like these questions have already been answered somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find them anymore.  I've been operating under the assumption that these are C&J on the 341 last (similar to the U-throat wingtips earlier in this thread), can anyone confirm?

 

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Medallion-Captoes/MH00454,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00454_Color=BLCK&contentpos=5&cgid=0522

 

And a more general question, is the sizing between these and "regular" C&J pretty consistent?  I've only worn Peal C&J, can I use the 10US (9.5UK) size of the BB C&J Peals as a benchmark for ordering shoes of the same size/last from C&J online?

 

EDIT: after further review, these actually look more to me like 240? 

 

they don't look like the 240. the 240 looks more symmetric (less pigeon-toed). Your earlier guess (341) might be closer to the mark, but BB's pics of the sole profile can sometimes be deceptive

 

re consistency: Multiple lasts in the regular C&J lines often require different sizing based on one's foot, but a good guess is going one down from the US size for the C&J benchgrade lasts in UK sizes

post #176 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

 

they don't look like the 240. the 240 looks more symmetric (less pigeon-toed). Your earlier guess (341) might be closer to the mark, but BB's pics of the sole profile can sometimes be deceptive

 

re consistency: Multiple lasts in the regular C&J lines often require different sizing based on one's foot, but a good guess is going one down from the US size for the C&J benchgrade lasts in UK sizes

Thanks, I think I'll have to bite the bullet and got back to my BB to see what last is written on the inside of the shoe (I didn't know about this trick the last time I was up there).  

 

To clarify my question regarding sizing: I know that 10D US (9.5E UK per BB's conversion chart) fits me in this shoe/last.  So once I confirm the last of these, am I safe ordering this size in this last of any C&J shoe?  Or is BB/Peal sizing not consistent with "regular" C&J, even on the same last?  

post #177 of 189

In my experience, it has been consistent. 4 pair branded Peal & Co., 2 pair branded RL, 1 pair branded C&J.

post #178 of 189

I just pulled out my pair of these shell cordovan Peale & Co shoes.  The numbers "341" are written on the inside.  So, I guess that is the Crockett and Jones last.  The 9D shoes fit my fairly wide foot quite well.  The 8 1/2 Ds were too tight--I have a high instep.  I generally wear 9Ds in Allen Edmonds (unless I go with a wider one--in the E widths, I wear the 8 1/2s).  The 341 is, to me, a pretty good shape.  Not clunky like a lot of English shoes.  

post #179 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 

In my experience, it has been consistent. 4 pair branded Peal & Co., 2 pair branded RL, 1 pair branded C&J.

Great, thanks for the info.

post #180 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Neale View Post

I just pulled out my pair of these shell cordovan Peale & Co shoes.  The numbers "341" are written on the inside.  So, I guess that is the Crockett and Jones last.  The 9D shoes fit my fairly wide foot quite well.  The 8 1/2 Ds were too tight--I have a high instep.  I generally wear 9Ds in Allen Edmonds (unless I go with a wider one--in the E widths, I wear the 8 1/2s).  The 341 is, to me, a pretty good shape.  Not clunky like a lot of English shoes.  

Is this the burgundy shell bluchers? For some reason I thought they were on the 240 last
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes