or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes

post #1 of 137
Thread Starter 
Are these any good?

MSRP of $488, now on sale at 50%. I was just wondering if the quality was any good or if they were benchmade.
post #2 of 137
wow, I swear this must be your first not CE-sspool post.

Anyway, Peals are made by either Alfred Sargent or C&J. At 50% off they are not bad.

If you mean benchmade by handmade, then no, they are not handmade. There's a pair of hand that guides them thru the machine though.
post #3 of 137
Bill Clinton loves to wear Peal shoes.

Regards.
post #4 of 137
Peal at 50% off is a good deal in my book. The shoes are quite nice and the price is even better. I would go for it if I were you.

jcriswel
post #5 of 137
AF, if you link the exact shoe you are looking at we can help tell you if its CJ or AS.

Regards.
post #6 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
wow, I swear this must be your first not CE-sspool post. Anyway, Peals are made by either Alfred Sargent or C&J. At 50% off they are not bad. If you mean benchmade by handmade, then no, they are not handmade. There's a pair of hand that guides them thru the machine though.
I used to post more here. Only recent am I back in the clothing game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikar View Post
Bill Clinton loves to wear Peal shoes. Regards.
I won't hold that against Peal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikar View Post
AF, if you link the exact shoe you are looking at we can help tell you if its CJ or AS. Regards.
Let me see if I can get back there and find out; I don't remember the exact model number.
post #7 of 137
I recently bought a pair of the Peal & Co. black captoe bals. I love them. I think they are better than both Alden and Allen Edmonds.
post #8 of 137
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magogian12345 View Post
I recently bought a pair of the Peal & Co. black captoe bals. I love them. I think they are better than both Alden and Allen Edmonds.

Wow, that's good praise.
post #9 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Wow, that's good praise.

No, that's more like faint praise.
post #10 of 137
Anybody know if this Peal wingtip is made by C&J or AS?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=
post #11 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydream View Post
Anybody know if this Peal wingtip is made by C&J or AS?
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

CJ,most likely. They look very good.
post #12 of 137
Same model as the RL Darlton right? I agree, that wingtip sure does look nice.
post #13 of 137
I own 2 pair of Peal & Co shoes by Sargent and they are the bomb. Nicer than the Alden & Allen Edmonds shoes I have owned in every respect. If there is one areawhere Sargent lacks, it's in the finishing (polishing)of the leathers. But I see it as a blank canvas.
post #14 of 137
I don't have any Aldens, but even the black pair of benchgrade C&Js I have take a better polish than a black pair of AEs. With the browns, it's no contest. The dark brown handgrade C&J pair I have look almost marbled compared to my brown AE.
post #15 of 137
I don't know what the deal is with AE,my AE's take great polish,maybe recent shoes are not good and AE is slipping in quality.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes